Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

53 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Not as much boasting and fandom in that article as ones of late. Aggy mods don’t hedge like this unless bad news is coming on some of these. Perroni was adamant about aggy and his pick of Anderson to them but now has been silent of late and they have hattersley slowing walking them back from the ledge.

Hattersley is a new mod right? Is he even an Ag or did he come from the outside?

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Hattersley is a new mod right? Is he even an Ag or did he come from the outside?

Not an Ag and I think is more of a basketball guy. If I am remembering it right he's the one that went to SMU then grad school at DePaul or UChicago or Illinois, one of those... 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anderson committing to Texas should surprise none of us at this point. It would be a crazy turn if suddenly he trends towards anyone else. Can happen, but I take us over the field. ATM went from helping convince the guy to decommit from LSU all the way over to trying to figure out how to get back into the conversation in a way that has any traction.

If Anderson does in fact commit to Texas, this further cements Fisher's fear and resolve that they need to up their game way the fuck up on the recruiting side of things. Fortunately, not everyone has their hand out looking for literal bags of money to be dropped on their doorstep out of the trunk of D Craig's suped-up Monte Carlo.

Dewberry could be a guy impacted by such fear and resolve. 

An Anderson commitment to Texas any time soon means you'll begin to read to some level about his relationship with Perkins. Won't matter. If anything, Texas conversations with that dude could be more about fucking up him winding up in BCS. 

• Hook 'Em 9

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Anderson committing to Texas should surprise none of us at this point. It would be a crazy turn if suddenly he trends towards anyone else. Can happen, but I take us over the field. ATM went from helping convince the guy to decommit from LSU all the way over to trying to figure out how to get back into the conversation in a way that has any traction.

If Anderson does in fact commit to Texas, this further cements Fisher's fear and resolve that they need to up their game way the fuck up on the recruiting side of things. Fortunately, not everyone has their hand out looking for literal bags of money to be dropped on their doorstep out of the trunk of D Craig's suped-up Monte Carlo.

Dewberry could be a guy impacted by such fear and resolve. 

An Anderson commitment to Texas any time soon means you'll begin to read to some level about his relationship with Perkins. Won't matter. If anything, Texas conversations with that dude could be more about fucking up him winding up in BCS. 

That Noah Thomas commitment yesterday for them was more about them trying to curb any momentum from Anderson’s imminent decision right? A poor man’s Jaydon Blue announcement. 

1 hour ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Any connection to Anderson?

2 hours ago, Okcool said:

That Noah Thomas commitment yesterday for them was more about them trying to curb any momentum from Anderson’s imminent decision right? A poor man’s Jaydon Blue announcement. 

Don’t think so, for several weeks he’s been pointed to as the next most likely to commit soon. 

2 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Maalik-Murphy-commitment-Texas-football-recruiting-Quinn-Ewers-161130250/

I know the article is about Maalik, but in it there is a quote that Weigman is looking like he will be the #2 QB overall in the next 247 update. 

Lol he's good, but no. Just bc he's an undersized DT QB committed to aggy doesn't mean he's Clean Manziel.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Maalik-Murphy-commitment-Texas-football-recruiting-Quinn-Ewers-161130250/

I know the article is about Maalik, but in it there is a quote that Weigman is looking like he will be the #2 QB overall in the next 247 update. 

From the article: " Do you know how close Austin is to the University of Texas? It’s a rock throw away. "

Max Sigh GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Hau Pham said:

So... how are they taking the Evan Stewart news?

I'll help you out with that: good player but they are recruiting a 7 on 7 team. They don't have any beasts on the line because they play in the weak ass big dumpster fire and don't play real line of scrimmage football. Also player x (whoever they are recruiting or have committed) is better. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Lol he's good, but no. Just bc he's an undersized DT QB committed to aggy doesn't mean he's Clean Manziel.

Manziel playing under Jimbo would not have been the same Manziel he was under Sumlin/Kliff. So even if he is Clean Manziel, he's not gonna play like him as long as he's handcuffed by Jimbo "The QB only runs when he doesn't understand the offense" Fisher.

Just now, TheBryMan81 said:

Manziel playing under Jimbo would not have been the same Manziel he was under Sumlin/Kliff. So even if he is Clean Manziel, he's not gonna play like him as long as he's handcuffed by Jimbo "The QB only runs when he doesn't understand the offense" Fisher.

Serious question - why would a clean version of Manziel be valued? I thought part of the magic was him walking up to the huddle, jittery, then burping, and saying “Uhh yeah, I don’t even know what they just told me to run. Here’s what’s happening: Evans, go deep. I’m going to scramble for awhile and then I’m either throwing it as far as I can or running as fast I can. Let’s see how it works out. Ready , break. “

Straightlaced Manziel doesn’t get half the shit done that they needed him to do. 

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Serious question - why would a clean version of Manziel be valued? I thought part of the magic was him walking up to the huddle, jittery, then burping, and saying “Uhh yeah, I don’t even know what they just told me to run. Here’s what’s happening: Evans, go deep. I’m going to scramble for awhile and then I’m either throwing it as far as I can or running as fast I can. Let’s see how it works out. Ready , break. “

Straightlaced Manziel doesn’t get half the shit done that they needed him to do. 

Yup, add in that they had an offensive staff (Kliff/Sumlin) that maximized their QB talent, let him cook and was actually open vs the Jimbo offense that is all dump offs and maximizing the TEs

I can't imagine how any WR in the universe looks at Jimbo's history of minimizing WRs at FSU and A&M and thinks "yeah, i'll go there"

I know we laugh about Kai Money but he had 10 catches this year and Demas was unable to get a single catch even though they lost to Bama 52-24, beat SCar 48-3 late in the season, beat Tenn 34-13 late in the season, etc. they had opportunities where he could have done something...

4 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Still surprised Sark didn't even offer Weigman but his offer list is nowhere close to #2 overall QB in the class. Other than OU and Florida (who offers everyone), he doesn't really have any Tier 1 offers (no Bama, LSU, UGA, OSU, USC, Oregon, etc.). Huge gap from guys like Ewers, Simpson, Stockton, Maalik

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Still surprised Sark didn't even offer Weigman but his offer list is nowhere close to #2 overall QB in the class. Other than OU and Florida (who offers everyone), he doesn't really have any Tier 1 offers (no Bama, LSU, UGA, OSU, USC, Oregon, etc.). Huge gap from guys like Ewers, Simpson, Stockton, Maalik

Seems like you're answering your own question here

Edited by texifornia

Aggy Recruiting narratives for T.U., 2022 Edition:

Maalik Murphy - No stats! Zero! Swoopes 2.0!! Yeah we offered, but Jimbo got the guy he really wanted. 5-star is proof of more BOMC.

Evan Stewart - Good player but we weren't really going hard after him. Besides, games are won in the trenches!

Jaydon Blue - Good player, but we are overflowing with talent in the RB room. Might not even take a RB this class! And everybody knows games are won in the trenches!

Armani Winfield - There are lots of WR prospects in Texas just as good. Jimbo will have his pick of them. Plus their OL is shitty, and Games are Won in the Trenches!™

Trevell Johnson - Don't know who he is.

Jaylon Gullbeau - Meh...Big 12 CB. Slow. Didn't really want him (despite the offer).

Bottom line is, if we start picking off their coveted trench targets, aggy will break. It will be a glorious cascade of tears.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2021 at 12:47 PM, closetojumping said:

Fortunately, not everyone has their hand out looking for literal bags of money to be dropped on their doorstep out of the trunk of D Craig's suped-up Monte Carlo.

i see nothing shady here.

and i don't remember a time in my life where a&m and texas had this many capable recruiters on each staff who knew how the games were played. both schools have had their moments, but: jimbo, dameyune craig, tommie robinson, james coley, sark, jeff banks, bo davis, stan drayton all in the same state going after a handful of the same guys? 

lots of churches about to get new elementary school wings. 

dameyune-craig.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Aggy Recruiting narratives for T.U., 2022 Edition:

Maalik Murphy - No stats! Zero! Swoopes 2.0!! Yeah we offered, but Jimbo got the guy he really wanted. 5-star is proof of more BOMC.

Evan Stewart - Good player but we weren't really going hard after him. Besides, games are won in the trenches!

Jaydon Blue - Good player, but we are overflowing with talent in the RB room. Might not even take a RB this class! And everybody knows games are won in the trenches!

Armani Winfield - There are lots of WR prospects in Texas just as good. Jimbo will have his pick of them. Plus their OL is shitty, and Games are Won in the Trenches!™

Trevell Johnson - Don't know who he is.

Jaylon Gullbeau - Meh...Big 12 CB. Slow. Didn't really want him (despite the offer).

Bottom line is, if we start picking off their coveted trench targets, aggy will break. It will be a glorious cascade of tears.

Until last season Texas had owned the instate OL/DL recruiting, outside of Leal and Green. So much so that Jimbo was forced to head out of state for a lot of trench warfare guys. That was with the recruiting dynamic duo  HandGiles leading the charge

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i see nothing shady here.

and i don't remember a time in my life where a&m and texas had this many capable recruiters on each staff who knew how the games were played. both schools have had their moments, but: jimbo, dameyune craig, tommie robinson, james coley, sark, jeff banks, bo davis, stan drayton all in the same state going after a handful of the same guys? 

lots of churches about to get new elementary school wings. 

dameyune-craig.jpg

You just included Drayton make half of this board's heads explode, didn't you?

• Haha 1