Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Their constant claims that the SEC plays defense is hilarious. Did they actually watch their conference last year? The defenses were god awful. The offenses have all started switching to spread, but the defenses are nowhere near caught up. They’re basically the Big 12 about 10 years ago. Funny enough, the Big 12 has actually finally figured out how to at least be effective against the spread and had way better defenses against the spread than the SEC this year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Their constant claims that the SEC plays defense is hilarious. Did they actually watch their conference last year? The defenses were god awful. The offenses have all started switching to spread, but the defenses are nowhere near caught up. They’re basically the Big 12 about 10 years ago. Funny enough, the Big 12 has actually finally figured out how to at least be effective against the spread and had way better defenses against the spread than the SEC this year. 

Yeah,  love this.  the SEC sucked all year whenever rankings were shown.  I did a quick look-up (Sports-reference.com).  Overall defense in 2020,  Aggies were 17th (3rd highest sec team behind GA and AL).  There were SIX big 12 teams listed ahead of them.  Similar stats in scoring, passing, rushing, where usually the hayseeds were 3rd in conference and behind 5 other big 12 teams.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2020-ratings.html

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Yeah,  love this.  the SEC sucked all year whenever rankings were shown.  I did a quick look-up (Sports-reference.com).  Overall defense in 2020,  Aggies were 17th (3rd highest sec team behind GA and AL).  There were SIX big 12 teams listed ahead of them.  Similar stats in scoring, passing, rushing, where usually the hayseeds were 3rd in conference and behind 5 other big 12 teams.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2020-ratings.html

Their raw stats are inflated because they played so many shitty teams. Per FEI, their D was 34th. The SEC only had two defenses inside the top 20. The big 12 had 5. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This ish guy seems like he was way to critical a piece for their recruiting. I understand kids build relationships with staffers but they are very doom and gloom over an analyst. I see this more as a aggy justification for losing the Anderson’s and Allen’s of the world they felt they lead for. Their world will crumble that much more when some oline and dline they felt they had in the bag go elsewhere. Will they blame it on the loss of this guy?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dondrysdale1 said:

This ish guy seems like he was way to critical a piece for their recruiting. I understand kids build relationships with staffers but they are very doom and gloom over an analyst. I see this more as a aggy justification for losing the Anderson’s and Allen’s of the world they felt they lead for. Their world will crumble that much more when some oline and dline they felt they had in the bag go elsewhere. Will they blame it on the loss of this guy?

I mean, wasn't the loss of Samples one of the supposed reasons we missed on Thompson Jr and Byrd? Analysts can be effective recruiters.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Uh... Carrington and Samples for us?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Sounds like this guy was specifically involved with DBs so it may be a real loss there and not elsewhere. Kind of like how Samples was a big loss in Dallas but not as much elsewhere

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Very reasonable discussion on whether they can be the premier program in the country and how many championships Jimbo will win once he coaches until he’s 75 from the fans who haven't even seen a conference championship in 23 years. 

This claim is in dispute 

aggies2.jpg

• Haha 1

Our shitty recently fired coach had better seasons in 2018 and 2019 than their savior Jimbo. So in a down year due to Covid, Jimbo is able to beat a bunch of shitty teams in the SEC that averaged 3.75 wins. The 3 teams they beat that played in bowl games went 1-2. Suddenly aggy is a juggernaut. 

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

Our shitty recently fired coach had better seasons in 2018 and 2019 than their savior Jimbo. So in a down year due to Covid, Jimbo is able to beat a bunch of shitty teams in the SEC that averaged 3.75 wins. The 3 teams they beat that played in bowl games went 1-2. Suddenly aggy is a juggernaut. 

I think you're confused. Florida did not pay in a bowl game. Dan Mullen said so right after they got beat the fuck down.

A team called florida, wearing florida uniforms, being coached by Dan Mullen and featuring many of Florida's players played in a bowl game, but Dan Mullen told me that Florida was a very good team and the team that played ou looked like warmed over dog shit, so it must not have been Florida.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

dumb and dumber GIF

• Haha 3

On 2/20/2021 at 7:48 PM, lemonandaturd said:

Old news, but Demas must be a bought and paid for dumbass.  Any 2022 WR should research Dylan Wright and Demas.  

again the fact that Demas got ZERO CATCHES last year is something that can't be overlooked and should be used by everyone on every WR recruit even considering A&M.

did Demas have gains to make? sure.

but there is very very little chance that a 5* who is healthy all year has 0 catches at Texas or OU, especially when you have the blowouts that A&M had.

it's comical.

14 hours ago, NoName said:

again the fact that Demas got ZERO CATCHES last year is something that can't be overlooked and should be used by everyone on every WR recruit even considering A&M.

did Demas have gains to make? sure.

but there is very very little chance that a 5* who is healthy all year has 0 catches at Texas or OU, especially when you have the blowouts that A&M had.

it's comical.

Going back to 2016, I can't find any listed 5* wr without a catch in their freshman season.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Jimbo backed off, y'all

Eu3bx9JXUAIC0U5?format=jpg&name=small

just to be clear here, they are arguing that A&M backed off a guy who is the #66 composite player in the country who was committed to LSU and currently has a Fong CB and who also has offers from Texas, Bama, LSU, A&M, UGA, the rest of the SEC?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

And if he's to break out this year, he'll be doing it with either King or Caldaza, and a green OL.   Dem bags doe.  

Right, doesn't bode well for him. Jimbo's offense with an experienced line, and a Sr QB, emphasized a TE and a RB as the top two pass catchers. I am sure Demas will enjoy blocking for RB and TE screens all year with an inexperienced oline and QB.

9 hours ago, Getafix said:

Even Jordan Whittington had a couple!

Yeah, I didn't really count him since 247 had him listed as an ATH.

Even with the WRs who had limited production, the avg freshman season for a 5*, in that timeframe, was around 20 catches for 286 yards and 2 TDs.

To say Demas and Aggy underperformed for a 5* WR, nailed it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What is this argument about. Outside of Marshall, aggy has no shot at any WR Texas covets.

Burton - nope

Winfield - nope

Stewart - nope

Thompson - nope

Coleman - nope

Williams - nope

Hudson - nope

I've read Texas is interested in 4 or 5.  Signing Winfield, Stewart, Coleman, Williams at WR and Brenen Thompson as an ATH isn't out of the question.

Maybe aggy signs Noah Thomas, goes all-in on Phaizon and Marshall, and then hopes to find a post-Covid late bloomer or two? Maybe some other  3-star?

8 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I've read Texas is interested in 4 or 5.  Signing Winfield, Stewart, Coleman, Williams at WR and Brenen Thompson as an ATH isn't out of the question.

Maybe aggy signs Noah Thomas, goes all-in on Phaizon and Marshall, and then hopes to find a post-Covid late bloomer or two? Maybe some other  3-star?

Jay Fair is one to watch. He appears to be an A&M vs TCU battle. 

Maybe A&M pushes for Nicholas Anderson, Matthew Golden, or DJ Allen

They're hopeful for Georgia WR Kojo Antwi, but will have to beat out Bama and Georgia there 

49 minutes ago, pacman said:

Right, doesn't bode well for him. Jimbo's offense with an experienced line, and a Sr QB, emphasized a TE and a RB as the top two pass catchers. I am sure Demas will enjoy blocking for RB and TE screens all year with an inexperienced oline and QB.

That overly complex offense doesn't produce many high draft picks at WR. Most receivers in that offense don't see the field before their junior year.

Marshall is interesting because as reported "Achane is the reason he started playing football for the first time this year and the two are very close"  I expected this one to be a quick offer/close scenario for aggy but with it playing out to ESD he's going to end up with offers and interest from all over. I still would expect his relationship with Achane and aggy's location to win in the end but if Bama, tOSU, or especially Clemson enter the mix along with Texas pursuit, adding in all of the west coast schools pushing hard ...

Note: Clemson has only made 2 WR offers in the 2022 class Caleb Burton (tOSU) and Adam Randall (Clemson).  

Edited by golfclap

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Perroni CB'd Jaray Bledsoe and Chris Marshall to A&M with level 5 confience.

Bledsoe can fuckin move. Looks like a top 100 player to my untrained eye. Plus DTs that play RB are the high floor high ceiling types

Edited by Bevo14