Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Two guys that with all else being equal should end up at aggy based on proximity + personal relationships.

Oh I agree. Which is why a 5 from him might as well be a 0 or a sign hes written in his own feces that says “I don’t know shit, literally.”

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Marshall is interesting because as reported "Achane is the reason he started playing football for the first time this year and the two are very close"  I expected this one to be a quick offer/close scenario for aggy but with it playing out to ESD he's going to end up with offers and interest from all over. I still would expect his relationship with Achane and aggy's location to win in the end but if Bama, tOSU, or especially Clemson enter the mix along with Texas pursuit, adding in all of the west coast schools pushing hard ...

Note: Clemson has only made 2 WR offers in the 2022 class Caleb Burton (tOSU) and Adam Randall (Clemson).  

This would be a good one for Saban to come in and shit all over Jimbo's use of WRs to give us an assist 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I've read Texas is interested in 4 or 5.  Signing Winfield, Stewart, Coleman, Williams at WR and Brenen Thompson as an ATH isn't out of the question.

Maybe aggy signs Noah Thomas, goes all-in on Phaizon and Marshall, and then hopes to find a post-Covid late bloomer or two? Maybe some other  3-star?

I hope they keep the pressure to flip on Hudson because I think pulling both Coleman and Thompson is going to be extremely difficult.  Phaizon won't go aggy; either his offer list improves a lot if he has a productive season or he goes to Arky and  Baby Briles makes him a staple of the offense.

39 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh I agree. Which is why a 5 from him might as well be a 0 or a sign his written in his own feces that says “I don’t know shit, literally.”

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Perroni says that he thinks a level 5 on his CBs for A&M means that A&M has a 50/50 shot (in reality that should probably be A&M with a confidence of 1)

So keep that in mind 

It's like I'm a fucking genius. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

Perroni says that he thinks a level 5 on his CBs for A&M means that A&M has a 50/50 shot (in reality that should probably be A&M with a confidence of 1)

So keep that in mind 

So by that logic, a level 3 CB for aggy by Perroni is actually a prediction the recruit goes elsewhere? lol  

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

So by that logic, a level 3 CB for aggy by Perroni is actually a prediction the recruit goes elsewhere? lol  

I guess theoretically if there's a bunch of other teams in it with real shots, A&M could lead at 30%. If a level 1 means a little over 50%, that means you shouldn't put CBs in for guys who are lower than the field 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

I guess theoretically if there's a bunch of other teams in it with real shots, A&M could lead at 30%. If a level 1 means a little over 50%, that means you shouldn't put CBs in for guys who are lower than the field 

tenor.gif

CBs/confidence scores are all just made up gibberish anyway, but yeah I would think the threshold for putting one in should be predicting the school at least 51% versus the field. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

247 bumped Weigman to #36 overall / #1 DT QB. WHOOP!

Yeah the 247 guys were hinting this on their pod last week.  I'm actually surprised that Maalik only dropped one spot overall after listening to them.  Guess his showing in AZ this past weekend really did impress them.

Edited by Thiefery
Maalik not Malik

Weigman is good, potentially really good but that bump doesn't make much sense. To make him the #1 dt QB over Simpson doesn't really jibe with Simpson's offer list and how hard schools like Clemson and Alabama are pushing compared to the interest that Weigman was receiving. 

Hell, even Jimbo didn't push for Weigman to commit until he was pretty certain he was out of it for Simpson. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scholz said:

"Anderson was very much leaning toward a&m..."

Sounds like Toilet Smurf's backtracking after he went 0/15 that one year.

I like to revisit that thread every other month just for the laughs. It may sound weird, but I honestly miss Hamm. Just an endless supply of entertainment

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I like to revisit that thread every other month just for the laughs. It may sound weird, but I honestly miss Hamm. Just an endless supply of entertainment

Honestly Hamm is exactly what Ketch would be if he entered the business there and didn't luck into his OB position at the right time and place.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Weigman is good, potentially really good but that bump doesn't make much sense. To make him the #1 dt QB over Simpson doesn't really jibe with Simpson's offer list and how hard schools like Clemson and Alabama are pushing compared to the interest that Weigman was receiving. 

Hell, even Jimbo didn't push for Weigman to commit until he was pretty certain he was out of it for Simpson. 

Let’s see how this looks in 3 months of the HS baseball circuit.... 

If you're an A&M fan, do you even want the high upside raw WRs after seeing what Jimbo has done Preston, Wright, and Demas? His best WRs are guys who are more polished coming into college ball. I mean, Chase Lane has done more than the other three combined 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

aggy and Sooner fans talking shit about Gideon need to get used to the idea that he's a fucking tireless recruiter and that once he connects with a kid that shit is going to go one way. 

Yeah if he gets Anderson and Allen after being here just a couple of months aggy and OU should take notice.

Also, isn't Gideon over East Texas?  Wouldn't be surprised to hear in a few months we've moved into the lead for Kip Lewis.

1 hour ago, TenCarryTom said:

It still hurts to this day. 

Yep had the chance to clinch one game that would have set up Texas to play for the BCS title, and another chance to set up Texas with great field position in another BCS title game, and did the opposite of what Texas needed. Texas likely has at least 1 and probably 2 more titles if he makes those plays.