Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

20 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Is Erb considered an OT prospect? 

Yes, and he's good he's a bit of a leaner/reacher so I don't know if he could play LT long term but with the 3 year rolling class and the guys they have, he seems like a good RT prospect to get locked up early. Fucking Henson has done a really good job going anti-cube and rebuilding that pile of pudding on their 2-deep. 

Looch and those clowns on the 247 will spin it as "no big deal" and that Jimbo will get someone OOS, but with Daniels getting out of his NLI, they've only signed 2 Safety's the last 2 classes in Johnson and Gilbert, so missing on Anderson and Allen is a pretty big miss.

They’ll just reply with “SEC IS A LINE OF SCRIMMAGE LEAGUE!!” and other hot takes from 2013.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looch and those clowns on the 247 will spin it as "no big deal" and that Jimbo will get someone OOS, but with Daniels getting out of his NLI, they've only signed 2 Safety's the last 2 classes in Johnson and Gilbert, so missing on Anderson and Allen is a pretty big miss.

I could see Dreyden Norwood end up at S (with his 4.4 shuttle). I know they have several guys like him playing CB but Harmon and Chappell are both a move toward a more athletic and coverage capable CB. They appear to be fucked in 2022 in TX right now at S but Bobby Taylor is another guy that they are getting at CB that should be a FS. They have 15 S offers right now and I don't know if they are likely to sign any of them right now. May have to circle back around to LA or their NE stomping grounds to land a couple. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

A&M supposedly got a silent last night. I think their leans are Humphrey, Marshall, Fair, and Sategna, but I don’t think Marshall is close to deciding. Maybe it’s someone else though 

Wasn’t Thompson visiting yesterday or is that today?

hbo money GIF by Vinyl

Re: Humphrey
The next good football player out of clear lake will be the first.  The whole clear creek school district doesn’t produce shit for talent in athletics outside of girls volleyball. 

Excuse me sir, Dustin Hopkins and the McKinney brothers (aggy, i know) would like a word. If you don’t think the McKinney brothers are good, just ask closetojumping.

2 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Connor Atchley

Look, I know Connor personally and  like him. But I meant what I said.

When your entire list of examples from that district include Connor, Jay Buhner, Marcus Johnson and a bunch of volleyball/girls soccer players, you need to just give it up. 

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Look, I know Connor personally and  like him. But I meant what I said.

When your entire list of examples from that district include Connor, Jay Buhner, Marcus Johnson and a bunch of volleyball/girls soccer players, you need to just give it up. 

Yeah, and not a good time span with all of those either. Very little production, overall. He’s just one I thought of. 

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I like the last one.  Comparing Jimbo taking over internally from bobby Bowden with sark taking over for 0-12 ty willingham and then a usc team with 60 allowed scholarships. 

Sarkisian also built both programs through recruiting into very good teams. Washington made the playoffs with his guys, USC won a Pac12 championship with his guys.

Jimbo is the opposite. He maintained a FSU dynasty before driving it into the ground. He's maintained aggy's decade long run of mediocrity, save for one Covid season, when he won 8 games against teams that barely won 37% of their games. Every bowl game Jimbo has won at aggy has been aided by the other teams' best offensive players not playing in the game.

He will never beat Saban and Bama, and will likely win 8-9 games next year breaking in a brand new OL and QB.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2