Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

I also love how they automatically assume that their 8 wins against shitty SEC teams will translate into even a better season next year when they are replacing 4 OL and their SR QB. All with inexperienced players. They will win 8 or 9 games again, because the SEC West is in a down cycle outside of Bama. Where all the coaches are going to be in their 1st or 2nd seasons outside of aggy, Lsu, and Bama. And really Orgeron is another bad season away from getting dumped and has to replace both coordinators for the 2nd time in 2 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just a little bit of research would show those idiots that Sark has always been an elite recruiter.  Every recruit that the $9.95ers talk to always mentions they talk to Sark.  I fully believe this staff is out working the aggy staff and it's not even close.  It's hilarious to see them months ago clowning Gideon and Joseph and now are in shock with what's happening.

This meltdown is great, but as I said earlier, if we get Banks, Dewberry, or lord willing Perkins, that place is going to go insane.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

Looks like the rollercoaster is still rising since it didn't come down last season. Jimbo is now the 5th best coach in his division and lost his qb and most of his o-line. They're dreaming if they think they're going to do better than 9-3. 

I don't think it's out of the question they can go 9-3.  They get Bama' at home, but they do return like 19/22 of the 2 deep on defense.  I'm not sure they'll lose another home game.  They have Auburn and Miss. State, so unless one of them plays out of its minds or gets a bunch of breaks, then those are wins.

I think they'll lose @ LSU.  They may be imploding under the Ogre, but they return nearly everyone from last year.  Other road games are @ Ole Miss and @ Mizzou (week after Bama') so those could be two to watch.  They ain't losing to South Carolina at home.  I honestly have no idea what to expect against Arky @ Jerry World.  They return 19/22 starters.

40 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

A&M is on a historic run?

Yeah bro. They beat 8 teams with a .375 win percentage, SEC teams. 

Funny thing. They won’t beat Bama. And until they do, they will not be a playoff team.  They’re about to watch some of their more talented teams they’ve had in who knows how long not accomplish shit. Fuck em. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't think it's out of the question they can go 9-3.  They get Bama' at home, but they do return like 19/22 of the 2 deep on defense.  I'm not sure they'll lose another home game.  They have Auburn and Miss. State, so unless one of them plays out of its minds or gets a bunch of breaks, then those are wins.

I think they'll lose @ LSU.  They may be imploding under the Ogre, but they return nearly everyone from last year.  Other road games are @ Ole Miss and @ Mizzou (week after Bama') so those could be two to watch.  They ain't losing to South Carolina at home.  I honestly have no idea what to expect against Arky @ Jerry World.  They return 19/22 starters.

Well that's why I included 9-3 as a possibility. I do think it's the ceiling unless they pick up a good transfer QB. I don't think Auburn has to play out of its mind to beat them with Harsin at the helm. Looking at their schedule, they've got pretty much 5 guaranteed wins (putting South Carolina there + the 4 OOC games) and one loss. The other 6 games are tossups. They need to win 4/6 which is doable. I'm predicting 8-4 though.

43 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I do think they are underestimating the transition it'll be having a new starter at every OL spot + QB.

especially since their 2018 OL class was decimated by attrition and little used Reed is the only 2017 OL left. Smart decision to only take 3 OL in Jimbo's 1st full class. It's why I hope Sarkisian and Flood sign 6 OL.

Edited by HtownHorn

6 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

That's a pretty fucking good recruiting line. And it's 100% true.

They are good enough that Saban won't take them lightly, and to be honest, I'd bet he starts running it up a bit on them.  They're also good enough that someone like Ark or Miss knocking them off would be a big deal for them.   They could fall into some NY6 bowls, which sucks, but eventually teams will stop opting out their top 10 players and they won't be able to skate by like the last few years.    Notice how much they whined this year when they were "robbed" of being the 4th team (LOL) and now it must go to 8 teams.  They know.  Would have to another anomaly year for them to even have a shot.  

If Jimbo hasn't won shit in the next 2-3 years, I think he'll start looking at that sweet retirement coast money and mail it in.  

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Everything is fine bc tu will suck on the field

Reveal hidden contents

EvWjGicXcAENh4c?format=jpg&name=900x900EvWjGw5WYAE4zGf?format=jpg&name=900x900EvWjG_MXIAgYnbo?format=jpg&name=900x900EvWjHMkXcAAU4fH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Why would they be so sure about that?  Texas has been better than A&M 2 of the last 3 years.  Their success last year was smoke and mirrors.  They beat no one.

Sark could flame out.  And maybe he is a bad coach, but I think he did a good job at UW considering the team had won like 6 games in the previous 4 years and was 0-12 the year before and USC was playing with 60 scholarships.

But he has assembled a hell of a staff as far as coaching and recruiting.  Hired a top 3 DC in college football.  A witch who likely won't be leaving any time soon. And Sark is one of the very best OC's in college football.  He is either going to flame out or this shit will work. We are finally dropping bags like we should have been doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Do any of these Aggies realize they've had 0 1st round picks under Jimbo and won't have any this year? Only one 2nd rounder, two 3rds and none expected this year. 

They're ironically living off the Sumlin era when they had a bunch of 1st rounders.

• Hook 'Em 4

Everything is fine bc tu will suck on the field
Spoiler

EvWjGicXcAENh4c?format=jpg&name=900x900EvWjGw5WYAE4zGf?format=jpg&name=900x900EvWjG_MXIAgYnbo?format=jpg&name=900x900EvWjHMkXcAAU4fH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love the fact that they're now relying on bama to win recruiting battles on their behalf, too.

Is there nothing these idiots won't ride saban's coattails on?

Don't answer, I already know.

Also, rep x 1000 to texifornia for doing the lord's work in this thread. Glorious tears to behold.
  • Hook 'Em 2