Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

17 hours ago, Dijon Robinson said:

"Jimbo and Aggieland is a dangerous combination.." I mean, once recruits learn that can play for Jimbo AND be able to eat at any chain restaurant they want in a cultural wasteland, WHILE also being able to be around chunky small town girls who chew Garrett and wear overalls and camo crocs...well, look out Nick Saban.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It really is funny watching what's happened with other sec fanbases over the last few years.

I'm sure when aggy joined, they took the feedback from Texas fans with a grain of salt. Every flagship state school thinks their little brother state school is backwards and weird, so I'm sure they assumed it was just rivalry talk.

Even when they released their hilariously and unintentionally awful welcome video, I'm sure most fanbases just said "ok...that was weird."

But prolonged exposure will always bring out the truth, and I think most of them now understand why we said no takebacks. The fact that so many years into this experiment, years where they've managed to beat the top teams in the west exactly once, they're now proclaiming that saban's reign is over is just so perfectly aggy I can't explain it. They really are a fun bunch of freaks to observe so long as it can be done safely, from a distance.

Text from a Tennessee buddy of mine prior to the A&M-Tenn game this year:

"DUDE. They're a fucking cult. Weirdest fans ever. I remember seeing a board post from an Aggie fan asking if their dumbass dog liked Jimbo when he was hired, as a sign as if this was gunna work. Weirdest shit ever. Their "midnight yell" might be the dumbest shit I've ever seen"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's a good looking sign. I'll tell you, some people just have a great sense of irony. 

18 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I've got a buddy who has had beers with some aggy who swear they know the wealthy sheep fucking alums who did it. I find the whole thing to be delightful. 

18 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You mean like the post directly above this one?

Hahahahahahahahahaha. HOLY SHIT! I am slammed and haven't been around much the past few days. Just read page 24 with the HTownHorn ignorance thrown right into the middle and chef's fucking kiss. Outstanding. 

Also, the framed cease and desist letter for Christmas is an heirloom that will be cherished and passed down for generations with your name and the legend carried with it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Okcool said:

aggy tears never get old. Going to enjoy this one.

They need some clarity soon, it has to be tough for them to keep bouncing back and forth between, "is he even SEC good? if he's leaning to tu he must not be a a big priority for the staff" and "actually the whorns don't lead, just their mods trying to drum up momentum. he'll be an ag."

• Hook 'Em 3

Dealin' out dingers on the diamonds of high school may make our boy a one sport affolete after all.

Ohhhh, he's the batter. I thought he was the pitcher because he's a QB. Thanks for trying to pick me up, but you can't fix stupid.

I'll slink away now.

Edited by RomaVicta

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Dealin' out dingers on the diamonds of high school may make our boy a one sport affolete after all.

Ohhhh, he's the batter. I thought he was the pitcher because he's a QB. Thanks for trying to pick me up, but you can't fix stupid.

I'll slink away now.

He’s projected as a high round mlb pick by a few. So your post works if it’s pure sarcasm because he’s getting drafted and never stepping foot on campus...

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

Aggy 247 / Andrew Hattersley / VIP Intel: New Crystal Ball prediction for Texas A&M

Spoiler

VIP Intel: New Crystal Ball prediction for Texas A&M

Andrew Hattersley

After talking with multiple sources over the past few weeks, I’ve logged a Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Texas A&M for Fayetteville (AR) four-star receiver Isaiah Sategna.

The Aggies have pitched Sategna on the opportunity to return to the Lone Star State after he spent a large portion of his life growing up in Austin. Sategna plans to run track in college as well and has been impressed with the track record Jimbo Fisher has with players that have done two sports.

USC and Arkansas are a few other contenders, while Texas cannot be counted out either if the Longhorns were to extend an offer.

The four-star receiver caught 41 passes for 814 yards and seven touchdowns as a junior. He is also a great athlete as evidenced by his 10.8 time in the 100m dash as a freshman. Sategna is rated as the No. 247 overall prospect in the country and No. 36 receiver in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Aggy 247 / Andrew Hattersley / VIP Intel: New Crystal Ball prediction for Texas A&M

Spoiler

VIP Intel: New Crystal Ball prediction for Texas A&M
Andrew Hattersley

After talking with multiple sources over the past few weeks, I’ve logged a Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Texas A&M for Fayetteville (AR) four-star receiver Isaiah Sategna.
The Aggies have pitched Sategna on the opportunity to return to the Lone Star State after he spent a large portion of his life growing up in Austin. Sategna plans to run track in college as well and has been impressed with the track record Jimbo Fisher has with players that have done two sports.
USC and Arkansas are a few other contenders, while Texas cannot be counted out either if the Longhorns were to extend an offer.
The four-star receiver caught 41 passes for 814 yards and seven touchdowns as a junior. He is also a great athlete as evidenced by his 10.8 time in the 100m dash as a freshman. Sategna is rated as the No. 247 overall prospect in the country and No. 36 receiver in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

The "Texas can't be counted out if they were to extend an offer" seems really weird.

Are they preparing to claim victory in a head to head that could have happened if we had offered?
  • Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

They have to continually take more WR's to replace the ones that portal out once they realize they won't ever catch any passes. 

i can't imagine Demas stays after getting like 1.2 catches per game next year

Oh man... 

“I really like coach Craig,” Sategna told GigEm247 in January. “He led my virtual visit whenever I did it with them. I mean, A&M they're another program that has great receivers, and they know what it takes to get to the NFL, and obviously, them finishing up the season ranked No. 4 in the nation. Like that's the best school that's recruiting me right now. So, I mean that's great, having a school like A&M and also the No. 4 school in the country recruiting me.”

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound standout is another talented addition to the wide receiver room and he still has plenty more he wants to learn about the position.

“Somewhere that I'm wanted and not just I want to go to,” Sategna said about what he was looking for in a school. “I want to go to a program that has success. I mean, winning games. Also, they can be like yes, I've coached these receivers, they're in the league right now. Just a good receiver coach that knows how to develop. Because football has always been my second sport. So, I've never really had like a receiver coach or a trainer, somebody that's really taught me the position. I mean, I kind of figured it out, whenever I started playing varsity that receiver is a lot more complex than you think it is. There's just so many different things. I mean, running your routes to the exact right spot. Getting leverage over the corners and stuff and just reading defenses.”

Wants to find a real WR developer - chooses Dameyune Craig. 

awkward britney spears GIF by X Factor Global

• Haha 5

On 3/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, Bill Lumbergh said:

The "Texas can't be counted out if they were to extend an offer" seems really weird.

Are they preparing to claim victory in a head to head that could have happened if we had offered?

Works for championships too--take a look at Jimbo's trophy that's forever etched in future history.