Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

43 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Nothing about Demas on the gigem' board.  Saw a thread on Texags about it, several posters saying CDPD shouldn't be arresting aggy football players lulz.  

One of the idiots on their 247 board had this to say....

image.png.7a98ef52e86a8f543159479324f8062f.png

56 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Dude probably gets a stern reprimand for that in Austin. Yet another reason he done effed up going to farmville.

Let's not forget Ricky Williams being arrested by UTPD for "giving a false identity." Nothing is more ridiculous than that, on his own campus, when he was about to win the Heisman.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Damn, booked and 2K bond for a little bit of weed. 

Wait, he's 20 already? Means he turned 19 the first semester of his senior year of HS, did he fail a grade at some point?

True. Is it redneck College Station/East Texas cops? Maybe Demas was being a dick in some other way? Could be a good story here.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not possession of a football, I’d guess. 

Outstanding. You get a jelly donut.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Right? That feels like a lot for a pretty tiny misdemeanor

I feel like I know more than enough fat stoners to put the lie to that statement.

Yeah I’m not exactly fat but let’s just say I had to stop buying ritz bitz and nutter butters. Fucking munchies 

Bobby Taylor visiting ASU on spring break - shortly after lining up his Bama OV ::

Some people have asked about a tweet from last night where his location was Tempe, Arizona. He is out there on a family trip. Since he is in Tempe and staying 5 minutes from Arizona State, he did go look at campus yesterday and might go back on Saturday. But, the trip was not for them to see the school. It is Spring Break and his family is in Arizona.

It's not ideal to have a commit visit elsewhere but Arizona State is not one I'd worry about with Taylor. He still plans to take his officials but, again, it would be a bit surprising if he switched. I'm also still not convinced he will take the officials. A&M could talk him out of it as he has basically been committed since back in September. Remember how many different commitment timelines/dates he made as well and how often he changed plans on those and that could happen with the OV plans.

It's just a spring break trip with the family. So he strolled through campus. Twice. 

• Haha 3

Brian Perroni:  Texas A&M already has a number of big official visitors scheduled

Spoiler

Texas A&M already has a number of big official visitors scheduled

Brian Perroni

The NCAA dead period is set to finally end once the calendar hits June 1. Though coaches will still not be allowed on the road, and never are in the summer, players will be able to begin taking official visits. With the previous class having been unable to take them at all, it will be the first time in well over a year that officials have been allowed.

Texas A&M is looking to take advantage of the 'quiet period,' which is what the timing is called when official visits are allowed but coaches can't be on the road, very early. The Aggies are looking to get a ton of their top targets on campus in that first month.

Several have already scheduled their officials, including a number of commits. A&M currently has eight pledges and most, if not all, will be there on the first weekend officials are allowed. Donovan Green, PJ Williams, Bobby Taylor, Isaiah Sategna, Conner Weigman and Malick Sylla have already confirmed their officials are scheduled for the June 4 weekend. We are still waiting to hear from the others but it is expected they will be there then as well.

Also on that first weekend, Beaumont West Brook four-star safety Bryce Anderson is set to be in town for his official. He has them set so far to A&M that weekend and USC the one after. He also plans to set them up to Alabama and Texas and will likely use his fifth one as well.

On the second weekend of June, there are five players that have confirmed they will be there. Wide receiver pledge Noah Thomas is set for that weekend. The uncommitted players include Georgia four-star wide receiver Kojo Antwi, who has a decision date set for early July. The other three players set to be in town are in-state prospects in Lexington four-star safety Jarred Kerr, Pilot Point four-star athlete Ish Harris and Garland four-star safety Chace Biddle.

The June 18 weekend has a big visitor already scheduled in five-star Humble Summer Creek offensive tackle Kelvin Banks. At this point, he has set up Aggieland for that weekend and Oklahoma State the one prior. He will use his other three as well, but has not set dates for those just yet.

A&M will continue scheduling officials for June as they want to get players on campus for the first time in over a year and we will keep updating the list. It can be found under the Football Recruiting tab at the top of the page as well and is linked HERE.

TEXAS A&M OFFICIAL VISITS

June 4-6

S Bryce Anderson

TE Donovan Green - A&M commit

WR Isaiah Sategna - A&M commit

DE Malick Sylla - A&M commit

CB Bobby Taylor - A&M commit

QB Conner Weigman - A&M commit

OT PJ Williams - A&M commit

June 11-13

WR Kojo Antwi

S Chace Biddle

ATH Ish Harris

S Jarred Kerr

WR Noah Thomas - A&M commit

June 18-20

OT Kelvin Banks

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It's amazing how aggy commits are always solid, locked in, ect but Texas commits still plan on taking visits, still talking to other schools, blah blah blah on that board.

How many college campuses are worse than aggy's? Every building looks like Jester. They'd probably prefer it if visits were banned for good.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

Quick note on Kelvin Banks official visitVIP

Back To Topics

Brian Perroni avatar
Brian Perroni
Posted on 58 mins, V I P, User Since 211 months ago, User Post Count: 98865
58 mins
VIP
211 months
So, he originally had two scheduled. Oklahoma State on June 11 and A&M on June 18. But he switched the Oklahoma State one to June 16 today. They are doing a bunch of theirs in the middle of weeks.

He had planned to then just do that one and the A&M one back-to-back. But, in Banks’ head, he thought the A&M one was on the 25th. So he told Texas the 18th would work when they set that up today. As soon as he tweeted, he realized they were both the same dates so he’s going to talk to Henson tonight or tomorrow and reschedule the A&M one for another weekend in June.

That means he won’t be coming straight off another official and tired whenever he visits A&M so that might be the bright spot there. But he definitely still plans to make the visit and was not trying to replace A&M with Texas

Screenshot_20210324-231250.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-231255.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-231304.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-231328.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-231335.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-231358.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"I'm close to this recruitment and have my pick to aggy in for a reason, but he's not a lock or anything"  We've seen this before.  1st sign of hedging.

I've seen it happen time and time again with team writers covering recruiting.  I don't doubt that someone close to Banks at some point said something positive directly to Perroni (rather than him having to hear it second-hand) and he is using this first-hand knowledge to completely ignore any new, conflicting information. In a situation like this, it probably would have been better for him to never hear anything at all, because this is obviously clouding his judgement and ability to report on the recruit. (Gonna be hilarious at the end, though.)

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I've seen it happen time and time again with team writers covering recruiting.  I don't doubt that someone close to Banks at some point said something positive directly to Perroni (rather than him having to hear it second-hand) and he is using this first-hand knowledge to completely ignore any new, conflicting information. In a situation like this, it probably would have been better for him to never hear anything at all, because this is obviously clouding his judgement and ability to report on the recruit. (Gonna be hilarious at the end, though.)

Undoubtedly one of Banks’ Sam Houston /Aggy Lite educated coaches is telling Perroni that Aggy leads. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

48 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Banks progression:

-Almost commits to Aggy in the Great Suburban Houston Maroon Wave of January 2021. 

- Firms up official visit plans with OK State and Texas. 

- Uses his coaches to tell Perroni that he'll talk to Henson to set up a visit. 

Carter66 - "Advantage Aggy"

23 minutes ago, Scholz said:

So Jimbo is now Mack "when he was already rolling"?  Pretty sure Mack won some titles.  

I think they are referring to him mopping the floor with aggy in recruiting after year 1. I believe his second offseason was when he signed the #1 ranked class with Chris Simms, Corey Redding, etc and never really looked back for a decade. Also, LOL to that since last year was really the only one that they have beaten us in the rankings and that was with as toxic of an environment as one could imagine. This year we will finish ahead of them again and the world will return to normal. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Aggy has some true gems on the SEC Rant recruiting board.  ColoradoAg is in Carter66/Riverrat territory and Farmer1906 is supposedly Figurelli.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/22-5-cb-denver-harris-discussion/95652459/

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/evan-stewart-may-be-sec-bound/95614081/

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy has some true gems on the SEC Rant recruiting board.  ColoradoAg is in Carter66/Riverrat territory and Farmer1906 is supposedly Figurelli.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/22-5-cb-denver-harris-discussion/95652459/

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/evan-stewart-may-be-sec-bound/95614081/

1st link: has there been a single Longhorn fan to seriously state the Brock twins are coming here now? If so I haven't seen it.

2nd link: nice pimping the Sumlin WR Mike Evans as a reason Stewart should pick Jimbo's plodding offense.  Really honest.