Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

23 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wells said on Twitter he thinks Weigman goes baseball if he's drafted in the first three rounds and said he had a monster Jr season.

Assuming he's not totally asleep at the wheel, I wonder who Jimbo is keeping warm in case that happens. Maybe circle back on Klubnik but he's probably a tough pull if Clemson wants to keep him.

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Also, pretty sure Sark didn't re-offer/pursue, but whatever, whoop!

Every year there are always plenty of top recruits that say they grew up Texas fans. But I find that every year there are very few top recruits that say they grew up fans of aggy. I think that is telling of something, especially that empty hall of champions.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, texifornia said:

If you don't land Ish Harris, the rare recruit enthusiastic about a career in agriculture, your LB coach should go have a long think about his career choices.

Unless his enthusiasm for agriculture doesn’t extend as far as including daily hands on duties. In which case he could go somewhere like Texas and hire a handful of aggy to do those chores for him in his expansive farm and agriculture conglomerate. 😎

Edited by Wishbone

KarenKeyLargo appearance!

spacer.png

They hit all their main sour grapes notes in those. It took forever for anyone to even mention ebil, weak, unmanly tu as a contender for the recruit.

Jimbo understands recruiting is a sales game. He knows how to win a national championship. Nobody else understands or knows any of this.

A nice point about how our program doesn't develop players and then pointing out that one of their top recruits from Northshore gained 50 lbs in a matter of weeks at A&M. Of course, it's Northshore's fault that the player exploded under Jimbo's supervision. Or tu's. Or the media. But probably a national thing as part of the conspiracy to keep the sleeping giant down.

E'erbody scared and thinking about dem Aggies.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I've always loved the "horns aren't on TV" narrative. I live on the West coast with the basic YouTube TV package and every game is on TV.

I blew this up 2-3 years ago, the season Ehlinger beat OU at the last second. I went through the Nielsen ratings for every game, every weekend, and the ONLY game aTm played with more eyeballs than the UT game that weekend was Alabama. The whole season was something like 50 million people watched UT games to 35 watching aTm games, or something like that. They're so fucking stupid. And even worse, as @Scholz's extensive experience with his wife will happily tell you, just flat out intellectually dishonest. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

So Saban wants a couple of kids that Jimbo doesn't. Saban routinely kicks Jimbo's ass on the field. 22, 19, and 28 points so far, but the aggy culture is not for everyone. This is correct, the current aggy culture is to get their doors blown off by Saban and Alabama. I'm sure there are a lot of kids that don't want to be part of that culture.

39 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Like IT said, it's just a matter of time until he commits there. Their hire of Nick Williams was big in that recruitment, and they now have a legitimate shoot at another UGA commit, Deyon Bouie, as well.

How did Kirby let Nick Williams go if he's that important? Looks like he played at UGA so no way he would leave if they offered him something even close to the same as aggy