Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No one said that. Ever. That's like saying some loser here preferred his fat wife to Kate Bosworth because Kate Bosworth never gave him the time of day. In other words, someone doesn't know the meaning of the word "prefer."

Fuck all the Bosworths. Brian or Kate.

• Hook 'Em 1

VIP Intel: The latest on trio of out-of-state targets for Texas A&M

Andrew Hattersley

Spoiler

VIP Intel: The latest on trio of out-of-state targets for Texas A&M

Andrew Hattersley

-I had the chance to catch up very briefly with 2023 Jacksonville (Fla.) four-star linebacker Grayson Howard, who camped at Texas A&M last month. It’s still very early in the process for Howard and he isn’t comfortable doing interviews quite yet until he gets a little more into the process. With that said, he did say he really enjoyed the A&M camp experience and time he spent bonding with the coaches. He is planning to return in the fall for a game as well. Howard is ranked as the No. 25 linebacker in the 2023 class by 247Sports and holds offers from Arkansas, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Cincinnati.

-Sticking with another standout in the 2023 class from Florida in Gulliver Prep wide receiver Jalen Brown. The national top 50 prospect was busy in June with trips to Florida State, Miami, FIU, Michigan, Notre Dame and Florida. Looking ahead to the final week of July, a source close to Brown said he and his family are hoping to visit Texas A&M and Texas once the dead period is lifted but they have not identified an exact date yet. Brown is rated as the No. 44 prospect nationally and No. 6 wide receiver in the 2023 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

-Texas A&M has seen a couple of running back targets head elsewhere in Nicholas Singleton and Jamarion Miller in recent weeks leaving Lake Charles running back TreVonte Citizen as one of the top options remaining. In talking with some sources this week, Citizen and those around him were very impressed with Tommie Robinson during the A&M official visit along with the success the Aggies have had developing running backs. Pulling out Citizen out of Louisiana is still going to be a difficult task and there is growing confidence on the LSU side about where the Tigers stand, but the visit to College Station certainly helped A&M’s standing in the race.

-Texas A&M has seen a couple of running back targets head elsewhere in Nicholas Singleton and Jamarion Miller in recent weeks leaving Lake Charles running back TreVonte Citizen as one of the top options remaining. In talking with some sources this week, Citizen and those around him were very impressed with Tommie Robinson during the A&M official visit along with the success the Aggies have had developing running backs. Pulling out Citizen out of Louisiana is still going to be a difficult task and there is growing confidence on the LSU side about where the Tigers stand, but the visit to College Station certainly helped A&M’s standing in the race.

turd_polish_thumb.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Texas A&M has seen a couple of running back targets head elsewhere in Nicholas Singleton and Jamarion Miller in recent weeks leaving Lake Charles running back TreVonte Citizen as one of the top options remaining.

Interesting use of the word option. Having become neither a rock star nor a movie star, becoming an astronaut is one of the top options remaining for me. Or the Olympics. 

Don't get me wrong, I walked extra fast to pick up my cheese fries at Fat Billy's Burger Trough, so I might just be able to get in good enough shape. I'm definitely giving NASA something to think about. 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Do you guys see a chance for a loss before the Bama' game?

Kent State, @ Colorado, New Mexico, vs. Arkansas, Mississippi State.

I can see Arky being close (always is), Colorado is trash, but that'll be the first road game for whoever is QB plus the new OL and I think Colorado returns almost everyone.

Mississippi State is interesting if Leech has the offense running smoother in year two, because I think Arnett has a good enough defense to keep them in the game.

I can see the Bama' game being close for a while being a home game., but the reality is Bama returns everyone on defense except Barmore, Moses, and Surtain and they arguably upgraded Moses with Tootoo or whatever his name is and they always have plenty of DL.  I also don't think Bama has lost enough to close the gap enough within the average 20+ point win Bama has had since Jimbo took over.

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I can see Arky being close (always is), Colorado is trash, but that'll be the first road game for whoever is QB plus the new OL and I think Colorado returns almost everyone.

Mississippi State is interesting if Leech has the offense running smoother in year two, because I think Arnett has a good enough defense to keep them in the game.

I can see the Bama' game being close for a while being a home game., but the reality is Bama returns everyone on defense except Barmore, Moses, and Surtain and they arguably upgraded Moses with Tootoo or whatever his name is and they always have plenty of DL.  I also don't think Bama has lost enough to close the gap enough within the average 20+ point win Bama has had since Jimbo took over.

I can see the three you mentioned being losses for the reasons you pointed out. I think Miss St is the most likely though. 

Honestly.  I don't see them scoring a lot of points.  But, holy cow, those are some bad teams they start the season with.  To me, Colorado is the big one.  If they go up there and somehow lose, the wheels will come off.  If they get by Colorado, they'll do the usual "Look at us, we're 10-1" - with their loss coming to Bama by 25+ and wins over crap.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'd give my left nut to see Leach beat aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Weird how they actually use their RBs (and they are actually productive), but they can’t get any blue-chips to commit.
Then you have WRs who are underutilized and pretty much forgotten in that offense, but they have no problem signing blue-chips.