Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

We play marquee teams almost every week.

The Aggie who wrote this probably goes to all of the games. He sees who they play with his own eyes. Every week. He still writes the above and would likely never be convinced otherwise.

That, my friends, is the Texas A&M Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas.

Every other post about our toxicity, our arrogance, our wickedness stems from the same delusion factory.

They were actually offered partnership by Texas. Texas made efforts in A&M's interestis when the move looked like it would the PAC 10 for us. They could have been mature like OU and seen mutual advantage. But they're not.

They can't even decide if they left the conference because of us and our evil or that they were simply looking for greener pastures.

It's a stunning ability to hold to opposing accounts as fact at the same moment.

I'd like a better solution to our situation than joining the SEC, but it looks like our best option. A definite benefit is watching the Aggies self-immolate in front of their perceived new brothers and friends in the SEC. Brothers and friends that have learned to despise them the same way everybody in the SWC and Big 12 did.

When we played every season and they were so concerned about being our main rival (Did we ever care if OU considered us a bigger rival than Nebraska?), the best I could say was that it was a bigger deal to beat OU than A&M. It was a bigger deal to lose to A&M than OU.

Maybe having OU, Missouri, and A&M in the conference will make it a little less SEC southern. We're a southwestern state west of I-45.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Powers was a regard and didn't understand Aggy's options. A basic understanding of John Sharp and Stallings personalities would have gone a long GD way. Aggy was always going to look to the SEC with Stallings on the BOR. 

LHN was just a convenient excuse that the media lapped up. We're Duke in football. Always have been. People f***ing hate us. Bama has escaped this treatment by crushing souls almost every season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

Oh shit we're bringing down Finebaum

Hide contents

E67V1JqXEAY9cEx?format=jpg&name=900x900

the entire A&M concept that everyone who is associated with Texas is liberal is just so fucking funny to me and never will not be.

almost exclusively, every old dude i know who is super into Texas athletics, gives consistently and writes letters about their displeasure is super conservative (not MAGA conservative, just super conservative dudes)

i know it is their headcanon but it's so far out of touch with reality. there is something like 540,000 living Texas alums - the concept that they are all incredibly liberal is hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'm really going to miss when a recruit picks Texas over aggy all of the "Can't believe anyone would go play in the bdf, a league that plays no defense, over the SEC" , "Scared to play big boy football" , ect.

It will just revert back to "Must be sum communist."

It is funny how they seem to insist on confirming what all their SEC brethren have suspected all along. They are whiny bitches with self loathing issues who focus their entire existence as an institution on wanting to be equal to U.T. Austin. I look forward to Texas high school kids realizing they can play in the SEC, stay close to home, and not have to live in collie station where dead dogs get their own score board. WHOOP!

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Oops one more

E6_GrIbXoAQf94x?format=jpg&name=smallE6_GrXCWYAQpZDl?format=jpg&name=smallE6_GrkpXIAYP722?format=jpg&name=small

It's hilarious that they think they'll destroy us in football.  They beat what, one winning team last year during conference play in 4 loss Florida?  And that looked like a "bdf" game where nobody could get a stop.  I think we can all admit that they've definately gotten better the last few years, but the covid year benefited them more than anybody.  Racking up wins against scrub teams that ended up firing coaches like Vandy, USCe, Tennessee, and Auburn isn't scaring anybody.  They'll definitely have to get more kids from Pennsylvania and Jersey, and that's if Elko and Robinson are around after this year.

• Haha 1

I can't believe I haven't seen at least one aggy post what I thought I'd see:

"Guys, we've been nipping at Bama's heels for years now.  Jimbo is calling out Saban and putting him on notice we comin'.  We played them better than anyone last year.  #4 team in the country.  We go head to head in recruiting against Bama. Saban thought he could hold us off until he retired, but he realized his reign is over. So, Saban went to the SEC power brokers and asked them to bring tu and ou to the SEC so our recruiting would suffer and set us back.  This is signature Saban power move because our sleeping giant was about to wreck Bama."  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It's hilarious that they think they'll destroy us in football.  They beat what, one winning team last year during conference play in 4 loss Florida?  And that looked like a "bdf" game where nobody could get a stop.  I think we can all admit that they've definately gotten better the last few years, but the covid year benefited them more than anybody.  Racking up wins against scrub teams that ended up firing coaches like Vandy, USCe, Tennessee, and Auburn isn't scaring anybody.  They'll definitely have to get more kids from Pennsylvania and Jersey, and that's if Elko and Robinson are around after this year.

Looch keeps pushing that narrative hard . "We are a different team than 10 years ago and the horns are going to find out". 

It's so funny to me, the best SEC team they ever had was their first one where they were most like a Big12 team. Roster full of players recruited to the Big12, Kilff Kingsbury air raid offense and they managed to beat Alabama and smoke OU in the bowl. They had another high water mark last year aided by a joke of a schedule. 

Aside from those bookends what evidence is there that they are any different at all? They lost to a middle of the road K-State in 2016. Oh, well that was pre-Jimbo. They needed Jimbo to barely beat a short-handed Oke-State (who Texas also beat) team one season ago. The other common opponent that season was LSU who they lost to by 43 points. 

Deep down they know it's bullshit though, which is why they are fighting this so hard.

If this week has done nothing else, it has produced near universal mockery and derision of the aggy brand online after their pathetic response to the big news. Recruits have to see that. 

In the end, they are who they have always been, petulant children who don’t belong at the adults table.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TexasBeta said:

In the end, they are who they have always been, petulant children who don’t belong at the adults table.

I mean, we’ve always known that, but having other fan bases and national writers point it out has got to make an impression on recruits who only hear the sales pitch. 

1 hour ago, gernblansten said:

I can't believe I haven't seen at least one aggy post what I thought I'd see:

"Guys, we've been nipping at Bama's heels for years now.  Jimbo is calling out Saban and putting him on notice we comin'.  We played them better than anyone last year.  #4 team in the country.  We go head to head in recruiting against Bama. Saban thought he could hold us off until he retired, but he realized his reign is over. So, Saban went to the SEC power brokers and asked them to bring tu and ou to the SEC so our recruiting would suffer and set us back.  This is signature Saban power move because our sleeping giant was about to wreck Bama."  

they've been "about to" shit for over 70 years.

• Hook 'Em 1