Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Finally starting to realize Dameyun Craig is useless.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3231607

Surprised some on that board would know office space, let alone reference it. 

not surprised at other posters not knowing it. 

seems like something to austiny for them. 

56 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I thought the same, but then I looked at their schedule.  There's a good chance they are going to end up with only 3 or 4 losses.

3 is pretty much absolute minimum. That would be Bama plus only one of their other games. The other losable ones to me are @ LSU, Auburn, @ Ole Miss, maybe @ Mizzou. 

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

3 is pretty much absolute minimum. That would be Bama plus only one of their other games. The other losable ones to me are @ LSU, Auburn, @ Ole Miss, maybe @ Mizzou. 

This is where I'm at.  Still have another cupcake.  South Carolina is garbage, although they are good enough on DL to shutdown the run.  Pirate is unpredictable.  Usually good for an upset each year and they did beat NC State who just beat Clemson.  Close losses to Memphis and LSU.  I'll say a close, ugly aggy win because I think Arnett will will keep them in the game.  Maybe a 21-10 type aggy win??

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

They will lose to Bama and Ole Miss. LSU is likely. The only really likely wins are Prairie View and South Carolina. Auburn, Mizzou, and Miss. State are tossups.  Probably looking at 6-6 or 7-5.

That would put them in the Liberty or Texas Bowl against a Big 12 team.  Probably WVU/ISU/Baylor/OK State/KSU depending on how the order shakes out.  They'd probably have everyone that's eligible to opt out do so.

22 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

They will lose to Bama and Ole Miss. LSU is likely. The only really likely wins are Prairie View and South Carolina. Auburn, Mizzou, and Miss. State are tossups.  Probably looking at 6-6 or 7-5.

Just looked it up and Mississippi State is #8 in the country against the run.  Giving up only 71 yards a game with a 2.8 average.

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Is there something I’m missing with MS State? They look like shit. If Aggy loses to them it’ll be the worst loss of the Jimbo Era. I don’t see it. 

Well considering they were minutes away from losing to Colorado I don't think a win against MS State is a guarantee.  Two TD's in two games against P5 teams.  And MS State D' is better than Colorado easily.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Well considering they were minutes away from losing to Colorado I don't think a win against MS State is a guarantee.  Two TD's in two games against P5 teams.  And MS State D' is better than Colorado easily.

So based on this logic, Aggy should lose to every SEC team on their schedule. Again I just don’t see it. 

I think they to Bama. Probably lose to Ole Miss. Should lose to LSU. Regardless, 4 losses is not what they were looking for in August. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is where I'm at.  Still have another cupcake.  South Carolina is garbage, although they are good enough on DL to shutdown the run.  Pirate is unpredictable.  Usually good for an upset each year and they did beat NC State who just beat Clemson.  Close losses to Memphis and LSU.  I'll say a close, ugly aggy win because I think Arnett will will keep them in the game.  Maybe a 21-10 type aggy win??

aggy is going to struggle to score 21 against any defense with a pulse, minus the MSU QB becoming a TO machine which so far he has not. MSU is only 7 points from being undefeated, so I think aggy will have their hands full. 

MSU ran 88 plays to LSU's 54. Jimbo going to have to hope his offense can convert some 3rd downs, so he can run the 40 second play clock down on every drive.

Edited by HtownHorn

Never underestimate the ability of aggy opponents to step on their own dicks and lose. I've seen it over and over during the jimbo era. Like they suddenly get allergic to running their best RB and inexplicably try to pass on all three downs when up by 2. Shit like that keeps happening it feels like over the last three years. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1) aggy is not beating Alabama or Ole Miss on the road unless something crazy happens. Like a bunch of injuries to both those teams. There is no chance in hell aggys offense can score with either of these teams. 

2) I don't think LSU is good but I definitely think they're better than aggy and will be favorites in Baton Rouge. 

3) Miss State is scoring 25 almost every game and I'm not sure aggy can score that many points against anybody with a pulse. Flip a coin. I wouldn't be surprised if aggy wins this and wouldn't be surprised if they lose. 

4) South Carolina, Auburn and Missouri aren't good but would anybody be shocked if aggy loses one of these? All 3 of these teams are better than Colorado.  

I see 2 to 4 more losses. 3 seems like the safe bet. 8-4 with this schedule would be an absolute joke for what they're paying Jimbo. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

This one deserves to be in this thread:

FAONka0WEAMUTzY?format=jpg&name=smallFAONkxYX0AI82XK?format=jpg&name=small

Oh man, I really want to read coyote1995’s attempt to justify Jimbo’s QB recruiting. 

One of the things that cracks me up is how inconsistent the types of QBs Hs recruits are. Some are pure runners, some are more dual threats and some our strictly pocket passers. There’s no consistent thread with any of them other than most guys had major off-field red flags and got kicked out. 

He seems to lean more dual threat even though he views the QB running the ball as a failure of his offense. It’s quite entertaining to witness. 

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Wiegman choosing baseball would be a hilarious cherry on top of their roller coaster sunday.

Weigman is an early enrollee. I think he'll still get drafted, but enrolling early/ not playing baseball as a senior is a good way to throw cold water on MLB GM's. 

https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/texas-a-m-football-and-baseball-commit-conner-weigman-to-enroll-early/article_37c28434-fe20-11eb-a5f8-bba39dee96ff.html.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Weigman is an early enrollee. I think he'll still get drafted, but enrolling early/ not playing baseball as a senior is a good way to throw cold water on MLB GM's. 

https://gigemgazette.com/2021/08/17/texas-am-football-3-implications-weigmans-early-enrollment/#:~:text=Weigman made the announcement that,in the spring of 2022.

Hey buddy, let us enjoy hypothetical situations that would create hypothetical monsoon of tears.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

I mean it was reported just today that Sarkisian is looking for a second QB in the 2022 class. Flipping Weigman fits that bill since we're doing hypotheticals.

mother of god wow GIF

That would create a Noah's ark level flooding of tears from them.

Hypothetically what if Wiegman is the super secret recruit that Sarkisian text and that Perkins text about A&M.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

This one deserves to be in this thread:

FAONka0WEAMUTzY?format=jpg&name=smallFAONkxYX0AI82XK?format=jpg&name=small

What gets me in my feels is all these injuries that you just can't plan for, which are a sign that TU obviously paid god to hate jimbo, doesn't explain to me how that pile of shit lucci claimed they were ready to seize the SEC from bama. A couple injuries for bama and they beat aggy 56-6, no injuries for bama and they beat aggy 63-0. How can he keep coming up with this crazy shit year after year, its unbelievable even for a pile of shit like lucc. 

1. barry odom is awesome. really fun defense to watch.

2. i was at the game, and while jimbo needs to be punched in the crotch for some of his decision making, there were guys open and more of a pocket than it appeared. i'm not sure i've seen a quarterback at this level in a long time look so completely fucking scared / incompetent / hopeless as calzada did saturday. incredible management of the qb room there.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, bizzle said:

1. barry odom is awesome. really fun defense to watch.

2. i was at the game, and while jimbo needs to be punched in the crotch for some of his decision making, there were guys open and more of a pocket than it appeared. i'm not sure i've seen a quarterback at this level in a long time look so completely fucking scared / incompetent / hopeless as calzada did saturday. incredible management of the qb room there.

Welcome back to the country 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/texas-a-m-football-and-baseball-commit-conner-weigman-to-enroll-early/article_37c28434-fe20-11eb-a5f8-bba39dee96ff.html.

oj simpson night GIF

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

MSU ran 88 plays to LSU's 54. Jimbo going to have to hope his offense can convert some 3rd downs, so he can run the 40 second play clock down on every drive.

their TOP in the 2nd half vs Arky

• 3 plays, 2:00
  • 3 plays, 1:16 - TD
  • 5 plays, 3:09
  • 2 plays, 0:45 - INT
  • 3 plays, 1:35
  • 4 plays, 1:19 - Downs

vs Arkansas

• 5 plays, 1:56
  • 3 plays, 1:57
  • 7 plays, 3:59
  • 5 plays, 2:58
  • 9 plays, 3:21 - FG
  • 6 plays, 3:47
  • 7 plays, 1:56 end of game
Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

The best play of the game for A&M was the borderline late hit on Jefferson that injured him.  They were lucky not to be down 24-0 at half and lucky he was hurt and ineffective in the second half.

IT still irritates me. Arky should have easily been up 20-3 at the half, they should have kicked the fucking field goal. That 4th down effort deep in aTm territory was fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

IT still irritates me. Arky should have easily been up 20-3 at the half, they should have kicked the fucking field goal. That 4th down effort deep in aTm territory was fucking stupid. 

You've got a 6'2" 250 pound tank at QB - who has been running over Defensive Linemen for weeks - and on 4th and 1 you have him hand it to a 200 pound running back who dances behind the line just long enough to get his ass tackled for a loss.  Fucking infuriating.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1