Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

1. barry odom is awesome. really fun defense to watch.

2. i was at the game, and while jimbo needs to be punched in the crotch for some of his decision making, there were guys open and more of a pocket than it appeared. i'm not sure i've seen a quarterback at this level in a long time look so completely fucking scared / incompetent / hopeless as calzada did saturday. incredible management of the qb room there.

Yo biz, are we still riding with 10-2? 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Looch sounds pessimistic about Aggy's chances against Mississippi State. I'm mildly shocked. 

Give it till Friday and Sharp will have him back in line and shilling praise to the masses that everything is fine. 

That sideline pass don't come free looch. You've got to do your bosses bidding like the bitch you are. When he tells you to get on your knees you better start sucking.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I've always believed he would take the MLB millions rather than spend 3 years in Petticoat Jonestown.

I did some googling and didn't see him in anyone's top 50 or even top 100 prospects - do we know that he's being thought of as a high draft pick (any reporting by a site not called 'TexAgs')?

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I did some googling and didn't see him in anyone's top 50 or even top 100 prospects - do we know that he's being thought of as a high draft pick (any reporting by a site not called 'TexAgs')?

If he really is an early enrollee, he's not eligible for the draft anyway.

The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are: High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You've got a 6'2" 250 pound tank at QB - who has been running over Defensive Linemen for weeks - and on 4th and 1 you have him hand it to a 200 pound running back who dances behind the line just long enough to get his ass tackled for a loss.  Fucking infuriating.

It was dumb but they should have just kicked the FG. 

Against a team like A&M that can't score take the points. Colorado gets to at least OT if they don't go for it 4th down against A&M in the first half. 

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If he really is an early enrollee, he's not eligible for the draft anyway.

The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are: High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college

This. Weigman's opted out of the draft already and plans to play college baseball this coming Spring (big part of why he's going aggy).

27 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He's been mentioned in chats on analytically-inclinded sites and on a couple of podcasts.  He's very highly regarded.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It's the strength of the MS State defense, but Spiller should get at least 30 touches. 

Jimbo's offense doesn't do much well, but it does feed the TE. You'd think Wydermeyer will get more involved. 

That might be enough to beat the Pirate at home. 

Is Spiller big enough to handle 30 touches?  He's pretty lean.  Wydermeyer had difficulty catching the ball against Arky, and Calzada had difficulty hitting the big guy without making him reach.  Maybe they'll iron out their issues and be ready.  Or, maybe paint drying is more exciting than watching the mighty fightin' Jimbo offense, and maybe Looch's hobbit chugging has finally made him go blind.    

9 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

I mean it was reported just today that Sarkisian is looking for a second QB in the 2022 class. Flipping Weigman fits that bill since we're doing hypotheticals.

But he wants to play college baseball?  So that’s pretty much also advantage aggy and their 2 CWS wins (probably on the wall somewhere) vs UTs paltry 37 appearances, 88 games won, 6 NCs and 12 championship game appearances.  

SEC, just means more.   Oh wait…  One.  More.  Year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The best play of the game for A&M was the borderline late hit on Jefferson that injured him.  They were lucky not to be down 24-0 at half and lucky he was hurt and ineffective in the second half.

Also sweet that an injured Jefferson powered ahead for a first down late in the fourth. That said all you needed to know about how bad it would have been had he been healthy.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Yo biz, are we still riding with 10-2? 

gonna go with probably not. the dropoff from king to whatever the fuck we're currently doing at qb is rather large, and i was flat wrong about the defense. i expected an ugly grind-it-out offense, but the lack of physicality from the defensive front 7 is shocking, and a sign of something weird behind the scenes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, bizzle said:

gonna go with probably not. the dropoff from king to whatever the fuck we're currently doing at qb is rather large, and i was flat wrong about the defense. i expected an ugly grind-it-out offense, but the lack of physicality from the defensive front 7 is shocking, and a sign of something weird behind the scenes. 

Looks like the defense picked a bad day to give up Ketamine. 

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Not saying there isn't a drop off, but King has a 10% INT rate. Small sample size, etc. but that's horrendous. Both QBs struggling either indicates that they are not that good or that the scheme is way too complex. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Not saying there isn't a drop off, but King has a 10% INT rate. Small sample size, etc. but that's horrendous. Both QBs struggling either indicates that they are not that good or that the scheme is way too complex. 

King has looked like he did his senior year in HS, without all of Longview's great playmakers to take the pressure off of him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, bizzle said:

It's not as big of a drop off as you think. King had three picks against Kent State. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ll field this one for for our pal in Vancouver. What he’s saying is that the expectations from the aggy hype machine in regards to the defense are so contrary to the actual results on the field that his brain can’t process two such diametrically opposed concepts. Like someone trying to be a pacifist while also being pro-rape. So as a result, he’s implying there’s something we don’t know or understand happening behind the scenes causing such a seismic incongruity. Like an unreported covid outbreak. Or faeries. 

Whatever the mysterious reason, I’d bet good money he won’t settle on “culture issues” as the cause. He’ll almost certainly stick with faeries over Jumbo Fisher Culture Rot. 

I bet it's the cancer known as Tunmise.. he was a bad friend, and even worser teammate apparently

• Haha 2