Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

I’m not sure at agree. 2/3 teams that won had pedestrian passing games, especially by Ole Miss standards and Pirate gonna Pirate..always. The front is very, very good at getting pressure and even more so when a team is over reliant on passing. Lower percentage plays are also a problem because you don’t want to waste drives against A&M with Fisher’s plodding ball control offense. You don’t get a lot of them.
The secondary is not elite. But it isn’t a weak spot, it’s a better than average unit. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure at agree. 2/3 teams that won had pedestrian passing games, especially by Ole Miss standards and Pirate gonna Pirate..always. The front is very, very good at getting pressure and even more so when a team is over reliant on passing. Lower percentage plays are also a problem because you don’t want to waste drives against A&M with Fisher’s plodding ball control offense. You don’t get a lot of them.
The secondary is not elite. But it isn’t a weak spot, it’s a better than average unit. 

20 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Ainias will return. 

I think it's 50/50. Apparently, Liucci has been insinuating that Smith was leaning the NFL at one point this season. The posters on SEC Rant aren't even including him in the 2 deep for next season and their projections are based on what they're hearing on aggy boards. 

The problem for Smith is why return to an offense that isn't going to throw you the ball? How is he going to improve his draft stock? He's much more likely to improve his draft stock by running some blazing times at the NFL combine. A 400 to 500 yard season at WR isn't going to do anything for Smith next year. 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/call-your-shot-2022-2-deep/99595691/

Edited by texasstrong12

On 11/21/2021 at 9:15 PM, George Clooney said:

I will never bet on anything with anyone from this site. It's absolutely moronic to think they're going to keep losing 3-4 games every year based upon how well they're recruiting at every position but WR (for now). Programs live and die by coaches and how they recruit/evaluate. Jimbo does both well, and if you can't explain why he's lost three or more games in six of the last seven years and the contrasting future that will be different because of recruiting, then there is no point in arguing with anyone. They've committed to creating a winning program, and you'd see that if you weren't so biased. Any program that properly commits to long-term improvement will reap rewards. My favorite program, Rutgers, seems to be on the same path thus far (obviously with a lower ceiling).

They've now lost at least 4 games in 3 out of 4 years under Jimbo bitch. Somehow you think their floor is only 3 losses. 

You and Bruh ever going to stop being pussies and take my bet? 

(I posted this in the game thread but it's true)

Jimbo can recruit but he's an average coach. He straight up lost this game. 

1) On 3rd and 1 you call out roll out to Calzada's left? 

2) aggy was abusing LSU by bringing numbers on defense and the last drive they only brought 3? LSU touchdown. 

3) aggy couldn't get anything going in the run game because LSU was committing numbers in the box/bringing pressure up the middle. When Jimbo went 4 wide it mitigated that problem but of course Jimbo only did that for about 2 drives. 

Average coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They went 2-4 against the SEC West. In year 4.  We fired Herman for 7-3 in year 4.

People have laughed at me saying Jimbo's results are not any better than Herman's 4 years in yet here we are. Jimbo had a great year last season but their resumes are very similar when you look at the 4 years. 

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They've now lost at least 4 games in 3 out of 4 years under Jimbo bitch. Somehow you think their floor is only 3 losses. 

You and Bruh ever going to stop being pussies and take my bet? 

Sure, just so you can avoid getting admitted to a mental institution. If King/Weigman are projected to start for them in August of next year, then I'll gladly take your money. Set a reminder if it helps.

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Sure, just so you can avoid getting admitted to a mental institution. If King/Weigman are projected to start for them in August of next year, then I'll gladly take your money. Set a reminder if it helps.

Ah, aggy, never change. You're always prepared to win it all - Next Year.

12 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

None of this bullshit of "If King/Weigman are projected to start." 

Take the bet or not. If Calzada is the QB next season that's how it goes bitch. 

3 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Why the fuck would I agree that? Calzada is horrible, and I set the terms. Take it or leave it.

What a bitch. If Jimbo picks Calzada to be the QB that's your problem. 

Take the bet bitch. You don't get to dictate the bet on who you think should start at QB. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

You're out of your depth on this one. Read the last page or so, and then you'll know who I root for.

Sorry to impugn your fandom, when I should have known that you root for *checks notes* ....  Rutgers?

Uh, ok. Still doesn't change the fact that for aggy it's always Next Year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What a bitch. If Jimbo picks Calzada to be the QB that's your problem. 

Take the bet bitch. You don't get to dictate the bet on who you think should start at QB. 

He won't pick Calzada because he didn't this August. King will start if he's healthy unless Weigman is especially precocious. If Calzada isn't their projected starter in August (which would only happen because of another unlikely injury), then I'll take your money. Also, sure I do get to dictate a bet with some obsessive lunatic based on my terms. I'm not saying it'd be void if Calzada were ever to start (which would be bullshit); I'm saying that I'd like to know who is supposed to start their season before I make the bet. I'd be down to up it to $1000 if you're interested in that.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

He won't pick Calzada because he didn't this August. King will start if he's healthy unless Weigman is especially precocious. If Calzada isn't their projected starter in August (which would only happen because of another unlikely injury), then I'll take your money. Also, sure I do get to dictate a bet with some obsessive lunatic based on my terms. I'm not saying it'd be void if Calzada were ever to start (which would be bullshit); I'm saying that I'd like to know who is supposed to start their season before I make the bet. I'd be down to up it to $1000 if you're interested in that.

I'm not doing any of this bullshit about the QBs because you're already setting up "the bet doesn't count because the QB was injured in the 2nd game." 

I'm in for $1k but that rides no matter who the QB is....bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm not doing any of this bullshit about the QBs because you're already setting up "the bet doesn't count because the QB was injured in the 2nd game." 

I'm quite literally not setting that up. If King (or Weigman) is their projected starter (which will be the case if they're healthy) the night before their first game, then both of us will send immamac the money to later disburse. That's extremely likely to happen, so it's weird that you're so mad.

okgiphy.gif
giphy.gif

I'm in for a grand on aggy if they have a new starting qb too. Also I require that Ole Miss, Miss State and Auburn have new coaches in their first year. And that Bama has retained BOB as their OC. Otherwise, fuck you, no bet.

edit: dammit, I forgot the 2nd most important condition, if Riley is coach at LSU then the bet is immediately null and void, and you need to pay me $50 for bothering to have this conversation.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I'm quite literally not setting that up. If King (or Weigman) is their projected starter (which will be the case if they're healthy) the night before their first game, then both of us will send immamac the money to later disburse. That's extremely likely to happen, so it's weird that you're so mad.

I'm in either way because aggy isn't going 10-2 next year with what they're losing. So $1k it is and don't disappear this time next season. 

I can already tell you're going to bitch out though when Calzada ends up being the QB at some point next season. I have it on record to show your bitchasness now. 

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

I'm in for a grand on aggy if they have a new starting qb too. Also I require that Ole Miss, Miss State and Auburn have new coaches in their first year. And that Bama has retained BOB as their OC. Otherwise, fuck you, no bet.

Hilarious. This guy is such a tool. He's spends all this time arguing aggy is on the verge of becoming a powerhouse now he's like "well if Jimbo picks a shitty QB I don't think they will be very good." What a bitch. 

I'm still taking the bet because they aren't going 10-2 with any QB next season. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm in either way because aggy isn't going 10-2 next year with what they're losing. So $1k it is and don't disappear this time next season. 

I can already tell you're going to bitch out though when Calzada ends up being the QB at some point next season. I have it on record to show your bitchasness now. 

How would I bitch out? I laid out the terms that include both of us committing right before the season. Just relax, but it sounds like you're secretly worried so easier said than done.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Hilarious. This guy is such a tool. He's spends all this time arguing aggy is on the verge of becoming a powerhouse now he's like "well if Jimbo picks a shitty QB I don't think they will be very good." What a bitch. 

I'm still taking the bet because they aren't going 10-2 with any QB next season. 

Again, you lack basic reading comprehension skills. Jimbo will not willingly pick Calzada to be their starter in August (because there was never a legitimate competition to begin with this August). I've laid out the terms and will commit to sending immamac the money if they're met (which is extremely likely).

Jimbo hasn't beaten a ranked team on the road yet while at aggy.  Aggy has road games next year @ Bama', Auburn, and Mississippi State.  They'll lose two, maybe all three of those.  Home games against Miami, LSU, Ole Miss, and Florida is good for one more.  Another Rumlin like season, but 3x the cost.

And even if King is named the starter, he ain't lasting the whole season just like he didn't last this one.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jimbo hasn't beaten a ranked team on the road yet while at aggy.  Aggy has road games next year @ Bama', Auburn, and Mississippi State.  They'll lose two, maybe all three of those.  Home games against Miami, LSU, Ole Miss, and Florida is good for one more.  Another Rumlin like season, but 3x the cost.

And even if King is named the starter, he ain't lasting the whole season just like he didn't last this one.

They have a new savior - true freshman going to win the job and take them to the promise land. 

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Honestly not sure why he would bolt. Float his name out there and he’ll get another raise and extension. They can’t afford to lose him - so I suspect they’ll pay just about anything to keep him. 

He loses his whole defense next year, it would be the year to do it. That Cincy job might be enticing if Fickell goes elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 2

aggy will be near the bottom in returning production next season and Chin Pubes has already been planting the seeds on it being a rebuild next year. 

When Chin Pubes is already hedging it should tell you what's coming. I know I wouldn't be betting $1 thousand on them going 10-2 especially if they lose Elko. 

• Like 2

The idea another QB is going to fix A&M’s offensive problems is also fool’s gold. 

Calzada isn’t good but he didn’t lose either of the Ole Miss or LSU games. It was Jimbo’s shitty scheme, meh WR play, terrible protection by the OL, and refusing to give the ball to Achane. 

A QB isn’t fixing that stuff and certainly not a true FR in a very complicated system. 

Yep. Jimbo showed once again that he is too stubborn to adapt and get his playmakers the ball appropriately. Once again his highly ranked defensive line recruits balled and he still fucked it up with shitty decision making. This is why aggy doesn’t scare me regardless of whatever recruiting machine they’ve built. Fuck’em.

Edited by Hank_Hill

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is this the year Elko finally bolts?

Sounds like he's in the mix at V-Tech and I've read a couple rumors that Ohio State could have interest in him as their DC. 

Elko likely wouldn't make a lateral move but it is going to be a rebuild year for aggy's D next year and Ohio State is going to open up the bank for this hire. Isn't that also more of his recruiting area? 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 hours ago, Chopper said:

edit: dammit, I forgot the 2nd most important condition, if Riley is coach at LSU then the bet is immediately null and void, and you need to pay me $50 for bothering to have this conversation.

8 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Reckless gambling with strangers on the interwebs?  @closetojumping @immamac@CloseToDumping @immamac is dumb cunt

aggy has finished 10-2 or better one time in the last 24 seasons and they're losing all their best players. 

That bet is kind of hilarious because nobody thinking rationally would believe aggy is going 10-2 or better next season based on aggy's history, tougher schedule, Jimbo's results the last 7 years, and all the aggy attrition. 

I think aggy's over/under will be set at something like 7.5 next season. 

Edited by texasstrong12