Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Bolstering personnel and recruiting, LSU hiring key staff member away from Fisher, Texas A&M

Multiple sources tell FootballScoop that the Tigers are adding Michael Ferrara, Texas A&M’s assistant director of player personnel, into a similar role for Kelly’s Tigers’ program.

https://footballscoop.com/news/lsu-brian-kelly-hiring-key-staffer-away-from-jimbo-fisher-texas-am

• Haha 1

Is Jimbo ever going to hire an OL coach?
Jimbo told everyone to "trust him" on DC, which they did until he made a horrible hire, after which he took some heat for how underwhelming the hire was.

On oline, perhaps he's decided to stick with the "trust me" part but never actually make the hire.

If you don't hire a coach, the fans and press can't dislike the hire.

thinkaboutit-smart.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, sidis said:

Now, until the present day, I’ve always said publicly that my grandparents bought me that car. My grandfather made good money from his job as a crane operator at a steel mill, and my grandma’s name is on the paperwork, so that’s technically true. But behind the scenes, A&M had agreed to reimburse her. And that, my friends, is how the notorious Trans Am was paid for.

There’s this urban legend that angry A&M boosters destroyed the car, but I’m here to tell you that never happened. I had the Trans Am my first few years at SMU, before I sold it to my best friend and fellow SMU running back, Charles Drayton. Thanks to an SMU booster named George Owen, I was driving a Corvette by then.

So that’s the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but, straight from the horse’s mouth. Is that such a scandal? That the best player for one of the best teams in the country got a nice car? I don’t think so. I think I deserved that car—and a lot more than that.

Aggie will be 8-4 or 7-5 next year.  None of their QB’s scare me.  I do think they have a solid run game with Achane and LJ Johnson.  The defense will be aggressive but not near as good as this last year.  I can’t wait to see all the FR that expect to start because of their bags and not sniff the field.  The meltdown will be epic

1 hour ago, RollingPresidential said:

Bruce isn't a crank, what the hell is his basis for that?

Because they should beat the Miss teams and Arkansas, and have the talent to. They don’t schedule any OOC games they could lose. They aggy it up on occasion, but it realistically shouldnt happen.  Tigers seem to be in a heap of shit that should take them a year or two to climb out of.  And if they can pull off the upset against Bama (not likely, but hey, been done) then they are solid contenders for a playoff spot. Bama and UGA probably only two SRC teams with more talented rosters.  It’s not impossible to imagine, especially when purchasing 5* like they are.   Also Kiffin looks to be taking a step back since he spent more time interviewing than recruiting.  Hopefully this blatant cheating comes with a load of Karma. Bama, Clemson, and UGa recent success tells me not likely.  

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because they should beat the Miss teams and Arkansas, and have the talent to. They don’t schedule any OOC games they could lose. They aggy it up on occasion, but it realistically shouldnt happen.  Tigers seem to be in a heap of shit that should take them a year or two to climb out of.  And if they can pull off the upset against Bama (not likely, but hey, been done) then they are solid contenders for a playoff spot. Bama and UGA probably only two SRC teams with more talented rosters.  It’s not impossible to imagine, especially when purchasing 5* like they are.   Also Kiffin looks to be taking a step back since he spent more time interviewing than recruiting.  Hopefully this blatant cheating comes with a load of Karma. Bama, Clemson, and UGa recent success tells me not likely.  

Why should they beat the Mississippi teams and Arkansas?

You apparently don't pay attention to anything except good things that happen for A&M. Why are you so scared of them all the time?

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Why should they beat the Mississippi teams and Arkansas?

You apparently don't pay attention to anything except good things that happen for A&M. Why are you so scared of them all the time?

Leach will have a QB in his 3rd year in the system and returns a good amount of the starters.  He's also added some pieces via the portal.  That will be aggy's first true road game next year.  I look forward to watching the Pirate slap aggy around like he's done the majority of the times he's faced them.

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Miami and App State could be an issue. I would not be shocked to see them go 1-1 in those games. Aggy has great talent. The issue is most of that talent is 18 years old and in year 1. 

Edited by Codaxx

27 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Have you followed the transfer portal?  Kiffin is doing just fine building Ole Miss and they would be prohibitive favorites over a$m if the game were in Oxford.  I'm not expecting all those 5 stars to be world beaters as freshman, and if you look closely, it's not impossible to see 6-7 losses.  They probably beat Miami at Kyle, but it's not a fait accompli, and they could get rolled in conference.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Have you followed the transfer portal?  Kiffin is doing just fine building Ole Miss and they would be prohibitive favorites over a$m if the game were in Oxford.  I'm not expecting all those 5 stars to be world beaters as freshman, and if you look closely, it's not impossible to see 6-7 losses.  They probably beat Miami at Kyle, but it's not a fait accompli, and they could get rolled in conference.  

8-4 is always the safe bet.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

8-4 is always the safe bet.

If I find myself in Vegas, that's what I will bet.  They get Ole Miss, Gator and Swamp Kitty at Kyle, so I wouldn't expect 0-3, but I certainly don't expect 3-0, either.  My baseline is that they go 0-4 versus the Mississippi and Alabama schools.  That leaves Arky in Arlington and the aforementioned teams at Kyle plus Miami.  Lots of opportunities for them to screw Reveille.

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

If I find myself in Vegas, that's what I will bet.  They get Ole Miss, Gator and Swamp Kitty at Kyle, so I wouldn't expect 0-3, but I certainly don't expect 3-0, either.  My baseline is that they go 0-4 versus the Mississippi and Alabama schools.  That leaves Arky in Arlington and the aforementioned teams at Kyle plus Miami.  Lots of opportunities for them to screw Reveille.

I think South Carolina could be a sneaky game this year.  They were pretty decent last half of the season, return a high number of starters, and have landed some good transfers.  It's also a road game for aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think South Carolina could be a sneaky game this year.  They were pretty decent last half of the season, return a high number of starters, and have landed some good transfers.  It's also a road game for aggy.

I don't see it, but as the saying goes, From your lips to God's ear.

2 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I don't see it, but as the saying goes, From your lips to God's ear.

Oh I don't either, it's just we have enough of a sample size the last 4 years that Jimbo's teams aren't very good on the road.  Only true road win this past season was against a pathetic Mizzou.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Their schedule does look somewhat difficult this year and Jimbo is now one of the worst coaches in the SEC, but they will still stumblefuck to 8-4 somehow. Some of the mercenaries they bagged this year will put them over the top in a few games.

2 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Aggie will be 8-4 or 7-5 next year.  None of their QB’s scare me.  I do think they have a solid run game with Achane and LJ Johnson.  The defense will be aggressive but not near as good as this last year.  I can’t wait to see all the FR that expect to start because of their bags and not sniff the field.  The meltdown will be epic

Did Johnson find his love of the game again sitting on the bench? That dude has bust written all over him, going to be interested to see how aggy handles the RB spot next season, Achane is a perfect complement for a bell cow like Spiller, but can he carry the load as the #1 if Johnson is still doing nothing. Our lowly freshmen RB had nearly twice as many yards on the same number of carries as Johnson.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Did you predict 5 losses for them this year? I bet you didn't.

Well, while funny af, they got jobbed at LSU.  I bet they still would have lost their opt outs for whatever game they would have gotten at 9-3.  But then again, if Colo would have not been regarded af they would have lost that game, canceling out getting fucked for LSU.  

im not saying they’re world beaters. I’m saying they have a very talented roster and if the cards fall right, they only have to beat Bama to get in. Since 2 SEC teams get in on the reg, really they could lose to bama and be the non-blown out 2nd sec team.  Normally that’s reserved for helmet teams.  For whatever reason ESPN seems to think it’s time to get on their knees for aggy.  If not, we wouldn’t see them in the top 5 too early polls after going 8-4.5   Wouldn’t see them getting blown for putting together the “greatest class of all time” with puff pieces about how Jimbo is just the greatest recruiter ever.   They are getting the love that I guess was previously reserved for LSU. Either way, they have an easier road at the moment than UT, SC, or any of the others that you would think would regularly be a candidate for the playoffs, who haven’t made it. Which was the dudes prediction. 

Bama, Oregon, FSU, tOSU, Clemson, MSU, OU, Washington, UGa, ND, Mich, Cincy.   

eta: the sec wants 2 teams in every year. Writing is on the wall people are getting tired of the same teams. I can’t think of any other reason for getting the media love they have been.   They saw it, and bought most of the team that could get them there. I fully expect them to do the same (to whatever extent everyone rolls over and let’s them) next year. 

Edited by fattyflattie

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol @ scared.  I guess this is the thread where we predict them to have 6-7 losses that never happens?  

What does predicting 6-7 losses have to do with your prediction that they'll definitely beat both Mississippi schools and Arkansas with zero supporting argument?

There's a wide gulf between those two things.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, while funny af, they got jobbed at LSU.  I bet they still would have lost their opt outs for whatever game they would have gotten at 9-3.  But then again, if Colo would have not been regarded af they would have lost that game, canceling out getting fucked for LSU.  

im not saying they’re world beaters. I’m saying they have a very talented roster and if the cards fall right, they only have to beat Bama to get in. Since 2 SEC teams get in on the reg, really they could lose to bama and be the non-blown out 2nd sec team.  Normally that’s reserved for helmet teams.  For whatever reason ESPN seems to think it’s time to get on their knees for aggy.  If not, we wouldn’t see them in the top 5 too early polls after going 8-4.5   Wouldn’t see them getting blown for putting together the “greatest class of all time” with puff pieces about how Jimbo is just the greatest recruiter ever.   They are getting the love that I guess was previously reserved for LSU. Either way, they have an easier road at the moment than UT, SC, or any of the others that you would think would regularly be a candidate for the playoffs, who haven’t made it. Which was the dudes prediction. 

eta: the sec wants 2 teams in every year. Writing is on the wall people are getting tired of the same teams. I can’t think of any other reason for getting the media love they have been.   They saw it, and bought most of the team that could get them there. I fully expect them to do the same (to whatever extent everyone rolls over and let’s them) next year. 

*only have to beat Bama*

@ Auburn

UF

@ MSU

Arky

Ole Miss

U, LSU, App St.

There are at least 2 more losses in there for a team that's lost everything they've lost. 8-4 maybe 9-3 if whoever the QB is ends up being pretty good.

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

You sound like you have Stockholm Syndrome. Probably should stay off Texags. Next year won’t be their year, just like last year wasn’t and 1940-2019 weren’t. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Tex Pete said:

You sound like you have Stockholm Syndrome. Probably should stay off Texags. Next year won’t be their year, just like last year wasn’t and 1940-2019 weren’t. 

No, just think they are closer to making a playoff game (not necessarily winning anything) than SC, wiscy, probably UT, probably UF or Penn St.   That was the entire premise of the discussion. Which team that hasn’t yet made the playoffs has the best shot.  They are also in the only conference that gets 2 chances.   All the leaders of the other conferences have already made it there. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

No, just think they are closer to making a playoff game (not necessarily winning anything) than SC, wiscy, probably UT, probably UF or Penn St.   That was the entire premise of the discussion. Which team that hasn’t yet made the playoffs has the best shot.  They are also in the only conference that gets 2 chances.   All the leaders of the other conferences have already made it there. 

They probably are. But they still won’t make one. We’ve won 4 national championships since they have won their lone NC. As shitty as we’ve been, we’ve won conference championships since their lone Big 12 championship. Their program has a proud tradition of sucking, cheating, pounding their chests over nothing, and sucking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Because they know they’ll just pay him more and he’ll sign with them. 
Q: What did you like about Florida?
A: They're really taking care of their players down there, how they're living. That's really what I'm all about right now, a school that takes care of their players.

I mean, the guy isn't even trying to be discreet about what he expects, and aggy will no doubt answer the call.

Just give them reason to think you're about to take their trans am and drive it around while playing at another school and the cash will come flying in.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Actually, I stand corrected.  The posts there are calmer than I expected. 

They think they have him purchased already.  Now if he actually does sign somewhere else...  well, it's aggy. 

Edited by RabidM