Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

25 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

ESPN has A&M ranked 4 in their way too early top 25. Joel Klatt had the same.  Wtf? Are they on crack?

I guess they’re just looking at the recruiting class and overlooking the losses which is dumb 

Its stupid, they are losing more than half of their starters on both sides of the ball

27 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

ESPN has A&M ranked 4 in their way too early top 25. Joel Klatt had the same.  Wtf? Are they on crack?

I guess they’re just looking at the recruiting class and overlooking the losses which is dumb 

Max Johnson is a pretty good fit in Jimbo's offense. I don't see aggy winning more than 9 next season but the QB play should be improved. This year was their chance for the CFP and they blew it in spectacular fashion as per usual.  

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Max Johnson is a pretty good fit in Jimbo's offense. I don't see aggy winning more than 9 next season but the QB play should be improved. This year was their chance for the CFP and they blew it in spectacular fashion as per usual.  

This is unpossible. I was told that Jimbo has a very super duper only geniuses can operate it offense that takes 3 years to even begin to grasp the subtle intricacies and nuances of.

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

“NIL hire.” The ignorance and stupidity of this shit is going to take years off my fucking life. God fucking damnit. 

Hey Everyone, apparently Elijah Robinson doubles as an agent and triples as a business development guy at some major companies that can hand out NIL deals. 

most CFB fans on twitter can't decipher the difference between bagmen and NIL.. so they think Bagmen=NIL, legally

Just now, Michael Knight said:

Probably because 2007 was the first time it was a separate National Championship game and not a replacement for the bowl.

No, he did that because that's exactly when the SEC run began. Be serious, he's trying to make a point and that's the best timeframe for it.

• Like 1

You guys may like these ... at least it's becoming interesting (with an uncle involved).

Full articles in the spoilered section.

image.thumb.png.2204c08809d6b5b11136ac2044b2b8e4.png

image.thumb.png.9ba715641bf2df9d021c2b5a3cf7b8f6.png

Updated weekend visit plans for unsigned 5-star Shemar Stewart
ANDREW IVINS

Spoiler

Updated weekend visit plans for unsigned 5-star Shemar Stewart
ANDREW IVINS

Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart was at one time planning to take an unofficial visit to Texas A&M this weekend, but according to those inside his camp, that trip will no longer be happening. Stewart instead could make the short 30-minute drive down I-95 on either Friday or Saturday to meet with new Miami head coach Mario Cristobal. 

Stewart, who 247Sports pegs as the nation's No. 7 overall prospect in the class of 2022, put both the Aggies and Hurricanes in his final three last month along with Georgia. He has already toured College Station multiple times and was at Texas A&M for an official visit back in October. Miami has also entertained Stewart multiple times over the past eight months. The hometown team, however, has yet to use its one allotted official visit. That is scheduled to take place the last week of January after Stewart takes an official visit to UGA the weekend prior.

While Texas A&M has long been viewed as the likely landing spot for Stewart, the Aggies do have a new defensive coordinator in D.J. Durkin, who Stewart has yet to meet. It will be interesting to see what type of defensive scheme Durkin installs after running a   at Ole Miss as Stewart has noted in the past that he wants to play in a four-man front.

Stewart was named a top performer by 247Sports at the Under Armour All-America Bowl earlier this month. He is listed at 6-foot-6, 272 pounds and is coming off a senior season in which he totaled 13 sacks.

Five-star LB Harold Perkins visiting Florida this weekend, eyes LSU official before signing on NSD
STEVE WILTFONG

Spoiler

Five-star LB Harold Perkins visiting Florida this weekend, eyes LSU official before signing on NSD
STEVE WILTFONG

Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star linebacker Harold Perkins committed to Texas A&M during the Under Armour All-America game on Jan. 2 and now he’s just dotting I’s and crossing T’s heading into National Signing Day in February.

That will include an official visit to Florida this weekend and one most likely to LSU the last weekend of January before he puts pen to paper.

“The one place he’s talking about going is LSU,” Perkins uncle Alvin Walton said. “He’s been talking to Coach (Brian) Kelly and that entire staff. He wants to go meet them.”

The Louisiana native is very familiar with LSU and has visited several times in the past. They’d probably be the one to most keep an eye on at this point if anyone can turn him from the Aggies.

Florida will take its swing this weekend.

“He’s been highly interest in Florida,” Walton said. “With the last coaching staff the visits never materialized.

“Coach (Billy) Napier is attractive, he likes Coach (Jamar) Chaney and Jabbar Juluke. Also him and the safety they signed Kamari Wilson are real close.”

Perkins chose Texas A&M over Texas and the other programs mentioned. He took officials to College Station and Austin in the summer and returned to each place in the fall. He is one of the jewels of a Aggies class ranked No. 1 nationally by the 247Sports Composite.

“He’s just making sure he can get to see everything he wanted to see in the process so his decision will be sound,” Walton said.

Perkins is the 247Sports Composite’s top-ranked linebacker and No. 5 prospect overall. Perkins will play in the Polynesian All-American Bowl the weekend of Jan. 22 so he obviously won't utilize a trip to a college campus that weekend.

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I was shocked people thought he was leaving. Turn on the Ole Miss tape, he was abused all night

Yeah that’s probably in best interest for him. 

eta: and makes it that much harder for them to get their #s down.  Good. 

Edited by fattyflattie

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So- they have a head s&c coach that’s never been one before, and two assistants that have been head guys at sec schools.  And this makes sense?  Bragging about guys taking demotions to work under a recently promoted guy?  

Nothing about SEC schools, would guess smaller programs and for money whipped?  How many does it take before there are too many chefs in the kitchen? 

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So- they have a head s&c coach that’s never been one before, and two assistants that have been head guys at sec schools.  And this makes sense?  Bragging about guys taking demotions to work under a recently promoted guy?  

Not only that nonsense, but it is also somehow an advantage for aggy. lol

Edited by pacman

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So- they have a head s&c coach that’s never been one before, and two assistants that have been head guys at sec schools.  

For all we know, they were the head guys at Towson and Wofford, but you read it the way Tarp typed it, with pom poms a=waving.

Edited by Tex Pete

Saban hiring former P5 HCs as analysts is the rich getting richer. I don't understand how this is a "rich getting richer" situation unless they're prying a big name from somewhere to be an assistant (unlikely). Either they sucked so bad that they got fired or they're at such a small school that no one knows who they are. Whoever it is will be coming to work for a first year head S&C coach who was with Jimbo at FSU when his teams fell off the cliff in every way imaginable - including S&C if I remember correctly - so I can't imagine it being someone who would set the S&C world to buzzing. 

The final top 20 for the Liucci 44 in 2022:

1. Harold Perkins

2. Connor Weigman

3. Evan Stewart (note he previously had Stewart at 17 when he was leaning towards Texas this summer)

4. Denver Harris

5. Cade Klubnik

6. Devon Campbell

7. Kelvin Banks

8. Chris Marshall

9. Bryce Anderson

10. Kam Dewberry

11. Omari Abor

12. BJ Allen

13. Jordan Hudson

14. Terrance Brooks

15. Hunter Erb

16. Malick Sylla (he previously had Sylla at #1 so I wonder how he spun that)

17. Donovan Green

18. Jamarion Miller

19. PJ Williams

20. Julian Humphrey

49 minutes ago, hook me said:

Saban hiring former P5 HCs as analysts is the rich getting richer. I don't understand how this is a "rich getting richer" situation unless they're prying a big name from somewhere to be an assistant (unlikely). Either they sucked so bad that they got fired or they're at such a small school that no one knows who they are. Whoever it is will be coming to work for a first year head S&C coach who was with Jimbo at FSU when his teams fell off the cliff in every way imaginable - including S&C if I remember correctly - so I can't imagine it being someone who would set the S&C world to buzzing. 

could me Moffitt. That would be a huge hire. I doubt he woudl do that, but that is name that would fit the BS

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Surprised aggy hasn't been active in the transfer portal with so many guys leaving, but maybe they promised guys like Nolan starting positions.

They open up SEC play the same way as last year:  Arky, the Pirate, and Bama'.  Except State and Bama' are road games.

some put up a list showing they need to process 15 dudes just to get to the roster limit or something like that

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

could me Moffitt. That would be a huge hire. I doubt he woudl do that, but that is name that would fit the BS

Doubt it.

- Tarp said he didn't know the names.  If he knew who it was, and it was Moffit, he and others would be falling over themselves to hype that acquisition.

- Don't think Moffit would come work as an assistant, for a guy who has never been a head S&C guy before.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Doubt it.

- Tarp said he didn't know the names.  If he knew who it was, and it was Moffit, he and others would be falling over themselves to hype that acquisition.

- Don't think Moffit would come work as an assistant, for a guy who has never been a head S&C guy before.

agree. Just the only name I could of that would fit the narrative. Plus in true Texas fashion it would be the one move that would piss me off. 

Edited by Codaxx

20 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

agree. Just the only name I could of that would fit the narrative. Plus in true Texas fashion it would be the one move that would piss me off. 

Anyone who has been a head S&C coach at any college in America would fit the narrative. There are hundreds of possibilities. I imagine the SEC narrative would be out there if it were Moffitt.