Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

If Nolan doesn't get significant reps in year 1 he will be a major transfer candidate and his dad will want more money. 

It's going to be fascinating how aggy handles all these types. 

this is gonna end up like Kyler Murray.  hopefully Nolan doesn't transfer to OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

If Nolan doesn't get significant reps in year 1 he will be a major transfer candidate and his dad will want more money. 

It's going to be fascinating how aggy handles all these types. 

Have people already been making the the "Wallet" Nolen joke?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

DEFINITELY NO BUST VIBE HERE

/ @NoName

For the record, if he likes Florida then he should absolutely go to Florida to try to get away from that craziness. Probably his best chance to reach his potential.

The crazy mom Twitter plus the sketchy uncle handler in Louisiana definitely makes Florida seem like the best option for him. Let him try to get some space from these people. 

And hopefully he’s not the last 5 star defector from the aggy class who preferred other schools but was driven by paid off relatives to go aggy.

The problem for aggy is some other school will always be willing to pay more next year if the guy is good. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I would definitely have Donovan Green on that list. First sign of adversity and that guy is gone. 

I thought he was the loudmouth that was all ATM, all the time? If I'm thinking about him correctly, my thought was that he's the next Leon O'Neal. Either way, what's your top 10, then?

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I thought he was the loudmouth that was all ATM, all the time? If I'm thinking about him correctly, my thought was that he's the next Leon O'Neal. Either way, what's your top 10, then?

I don't know about top 10.

I would have to think about it but those loudmouth types are always the first to run from adversity. Leon O'Neal sticking things out at aggy was a miracle and he entered the portal multiple times. 

My guess on Donovan is he will want immediate playing time and if that doesn't happen he's bouncing. 

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Cross-posting to this thread because it triggered an interesting thought exercise to me.

See above. Let's have some fun.

How would folks rank the flake/transfer/bust levels for ATM's 2022 class? I'll go first. Spoilered due to length and potential lack of interest:

Hide contents

1) Harold Perkins - he's now already flaked from a commitment, his family is running an auction, he doesn't want to go to ATM, he probably winds up at ATM. He also doesn't want to play defense. Wherever this guy lands, I'm in agreement that he's got all of the hallmarks of an early transfer unless he's immediately crushing it and getting carries.

2) Walter Nolan - the guy didn't dream of going to College Station. He expects special treatment. His family ran an auction. His dad enjoyed it. There are strong odds they run another one. I don't think he'll be a bust at all and if he plays early and often, another auction versus just running through the 3 years and getting to the NFL money may well negate his interest in a transfer.

3) Bryce Anderson - he was never excited about ATM, but he and his mom loved Fisher. Dad did not. His recruitment was allegedly clean and the parents pay attention to his well-being trending towards helicopter levels. There is concern that they've sent him to a mercenary program and he could wind up breaking bad. If he's not playing early and runs into any form of off-field transgression, he's gone.

4) Denver Harris - he simply couldn't turn down the final offer. This is a reluctant signee if there ever was one. Bama backed off because his knee never fully recovered through the recruitment in their mind. Players are completely fungible to Jimbo Fisher and DJ Durkin. If Harris isn't going to get back to tip top shape soon enough, they won't give a shit about someone else passing him up and him heading for the exit. I view this guy as the highest ranked player with an injury bust chance.

5) Evan Stewart - he cried when his dad made him decommit from Texas. He's an attention-whoring troll. Fisher is either going to make an actual point of getting him the ball early, or he's gone and his dad will run another auction expecting the same outcome. I'm not sure ATM will let that happen very easily. He was kicked off of his football team for drug problems. I know guys that think he's a future 1st round pick, but the same was said about Demas once upon a time. 

6) Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy - dude may have suffered a major knee injury per the rumor mill. The ATM depth chart on the DL is loaded and most guys are underclassmen too. Anyone falling behind due to injury may find that there are greener pastures elsewhere. The counter to that is whether or not he's obligated through the support his dad's getting from ATM boosters via the "prayer college".

7) Kam Dewberry - see Evan Stewart, except he wanted to go to ATM as soon as Ohio State wasn't interested in the kind of auction ATM was going to win.

8 ) Chris Marshall - we've alluded to things of concern since early in this guy's recruitment. If there's any merit to them, he's got a hill to climb, and then he still might not be getting many targets if he gets there. 

9) Deyon Boiue - he's going to go where his handler goes. If he's starting at ATM, he can start anywhere else too. 

10) Bobby Taylor - he's an ardent red ass aggie, so if he's playing, he's good to go. Problem is, he's nothing special. If he's not getting snaps, do he and his family decide that his film for NFL scouts is too scant to leave at risk after season 2 at ATM? 

Anyway, Fisher ran an outlaw program at FSU and it eventually caught up to him. He was able to win a title with a standout college QB ahead of that happening. He's put together another no-fucks-given regime at ATM by playing shitheels under felony indictment and the like, and then buying players at figures that are making Bama and Georgia blush. Will he win a title before it all blows up in his face again? How about finishing first in his own division? I don't know, but the fate of this class probably defines the outcome. Anything more than 3 of the above melting down to bust or transfer levels wouldn't bode well for the title run. 

Jake Johnson: will follow his brother if his brother loses the QB job

Marquis Groves-Killebrew: Georgia was fine letting A&M take him because he tore his knee up in early November, and as of the time he flipped, he still hadn't had surgery for some reason. Not sure if he's had it yet or not. Either way, seems doubtful to ever be a contributor

Theodor Melin Ohrstrom: transfers to Wisconsin or Michigan to be near more vikings

Player X: attrition due to getting killed by Durkin 

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Cross-posting to this thread because it triggered an interesting thought exercise to me.

How would folks rank the flake/transfer/bust levels for ATM's 2022 class? I'll go first. Spoilered due to length and potential lack of interest:

Reveal hidden contents

1) Harold Perkins - he's now already flaked from a commitment, his family is running an auction, he doesn't want to go to ATM, he probably winds up at ATM. He also doesn't want to play defense. Wherever this guy lands, I'm in agreement that he's got all of the hallmarks of an early transfer unless he's immediately crushing it and getting carries.

2) Walter Nolan - the guy didn't dream of going to College Station. He expects special treatment. His family ran an auction. His dad enjoyed it. There are strong odds they run another one. I don't think he'll be a bust at all and if he plays early and often, another auction versus just running through the 3 years and getting to the NFL money may well negate his interest in a transfer.

3) Bryce Anderson - he was never excited about ATM, but he and his mom loved Fisher. Dad did not. His recruitment was allegedly clean and the parents pay attention to his well-being trending towards helicopter levels. There is concern that they've sent him to a mercenary program and he could wind up breaking bad. If he's not playing early and runs into any form of off-field transgression, he's gone.

4) Denver Harris - he simply couldn't turn down the final offer. This is a reluctant signee if there ever was one. Bama backed off because his knee never fully recovered through the recruitment in their mind. Players are completely fungible to Jimbo Fisher and DJ Durkin. If Harris isn't going to get back to tip top shape soon enough, they won't give a shit about someone else passing him up and him heading for the exit. I view this guy as the highest ranked player with an injury bust chance.

5) Evan Stewart - he cried when his dad made him decommit from Texas. He's an attention-whoring troll. Fisher is either going to make an actual point of getting him the ball early, or he's gone and his dad will run another auction expecting the same outcome. I'm not sure ATM will let that happen very easily. He was kicked off of his football team for drug problems. I know guys that think he's a future 1st round pick, but the same was said about Demas once upon a time. 

6) Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy - dude may have suffered a major knee injury per the rumor mill. The ATM depth chart on the DL is loaded and most guys are underclassmen too. Anyone falling behind due to injury may find that there are greener pastures elsewhere. The counter to that is whether or not he's obligated through the support his dad's getting from ATM boosters via the "prayer college".

7) Kam Dewberry - see Evan Stewart, except he wanted to go to ATM as soon as Ohio State wasn't interested in the kind of auction ATM was going to win.

8 ) Chris Marshall - we've alluded to things of concern since early in this guy's recruitment. If there's any merit to them, he's got a hill to climb, and then he still might not be getting many targets if he gets there. 

9) Deyon Boiue - he's going to go where his handler goes. If he's starting at ATM, he can start anywhere else too. 

10) Bobby Taylor - he's an ardent red ass aggie, so if he's playing, he's good to go. Problem is, he's nothing special. If he's not getting snaps, do he and his family decide that his film for NFL scouts is too scant to leave at risk after season 2 at ATM? 

Anyway, Fisher ran an outlaw program at FSU and it eventually caught up to him. He was able to win a title with a standout college QB ahead of that happening. He's put together another no-fucks-given regime at ATM by playing shitheels under felony indictment and the like, and then buying players at figures that are making Bama and Georgia blush. Will he win a title before it all blows up in his face again? How about finishing first in his own division? I don't know, but the fate of this class probably defines the outcome. Anything more than 3 of the above melting down to bust or transfer levels wouldn't bode well for the title run. 

Evan Stewart #1 for me. Disliked A&M, recruitment all over the place, loves attention, has legitimate NIL potential at the right program, probably won't get many targets, etc.

Isn't Harris good friends with Shad Banks who peaced out after one spring semester? I'm sure the financials are different between those two but gotta be in his mind considering how blatantly he disliked A&M the whole process.

Perkins up there for sure.

What about Enai White? Another pure purchase. Idk anything about him though.

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hide contents

i think Marshall is a huge bust chance just because of his rawness - he isn't going to get groomed into some star with those coaches in that offense. or who knows, maybe he will be the first one in 12 years to suddenly break out!

i am betting at least one of the highly recruited OOS guys (NOlen, White, Bouie, Lucas, the CB from GA) are in the portal before the season is over.

21 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Evan Stewart #1 for me. Disliked A&M, recruitment all over the place, loves attention, has legitimate NIL potential at the right program, probably won't get many targets, etc.

it is going to be criminal how much he is underused in that program.

you can pick any team in the country as the composite #5 overall player...anywhere that has a history of pumping out NFL caliber WR, or somewhere that has a good QB situation, or somewhere with a great WR coach, or somewhere with a cutting edge scheme, or somewhere that can maximize your NIL/social media $

instead he picked the option with the most unsettled QB room, with whatever the opposite of a cutting edge offense (is that a butter knife dull or meth spoon dull offense?), Dameyune Craig and a program that somehow has fewer WR in the NFL than Texas - A&M has Christian Kirk, Josh Reynolds, Quaryney Davis and Mike Evans vs Texas having Durveney, Goodwin, LJH, Collin Johnson, Tarik Black? and Marcus Johnson.

oh yeah. and you get to do this in COLLEGE STATION of all places.

zero chance that guy finishes at A&M. bad match on the football side and bad match on the off the field side.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

you can pick any team in the country as the composite #5 overall player...anywhere that has a history of pumping out NFL caliber WR, or somewhere that has a good QB situation, or somewhere with a great WR coach, or somewhere with a cutting edge scheme, or somewhere that can maximize your NIL/social media $

instead he picked the option with the most unsettled QB room, with whatever the opposite of a cutting edge offense (is that a butter knife dull or meth spoon dull offense?), Dameyune Craig and a program that somehow has fewer WR in the NFL than Texas - A&M has Christian Kirk, Josh Reynolds, Quaryney Davis and Mike Evans vs Texas having Durveney, Goodwin, LJH, Collin Johnson, Tarik Black? and Marcus Johnson.

zero chance that guy finishes at A&M. bad match on the football side and bad match on the off the field side.

got tiktok house, don't care. Whoop!

1 hour ago, NoName said:

TIL Tarik Black is in the NFL. 

Agree on Stewart as #1 unlikely to finish at aggy.

Top 3 WRs in 2021 had 47-17-15 catches.

Top 3 WRs in 2020 had 43-29-14 catches.

It's a clear trend of underutilization. We just saw a top Ga WR leave a program that underutilized its WRs, even though they won a national championship.

4 hours ago, Atticus said:

To be fair, Perkins looks like a game changer in offense too.

i think he's actually better on offense than defense. dude is a freak at rb. athletic freak on defense, just not sure his position, don't think he ever gets much above 220.

as far as the bust potential, i would put a lot of money on walter nolan playing 3 years and being a top 10 pick. needs to get his body right, but too much talent. i would also bet a lot of money on evan stewart being the third most productive wr in this class and transferring out after a year or two. partially because of him, partially because i love the other two guys so much.

could also see bryce anderson not sticking as i'm not sure where he fits best - fear he could be a bit of a tweener, especially on the chance we land jacoby matthews. that kid is incredible. 

11 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i think he's actually better on offense than defense. dude is a freak at rb. athletic freak on defense, just not sure his position, don't think he ever gets much above 220.

as far as the bust potential, i would put a lot of money on walter nolan playing 3 years and being a top 10 pick. needs to get his body right, but too much talent. i would also bet a lot of money on evan stewart being the third most productive wr in this class and transferring out after a year or two. partially because of him, partially because i love the other two guys so much.

could also see bryce anderson not sticking as i'm not sure where he fits best - fear he could be a bit of a tweener, especially on the chance we land jacoby matthews. that kid is incredible. 

I see you didn't specify at A&M. Smart man.

• Hook 'Em 1