Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

37 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i think he's actually better on offense than defense. dude is a freak at rb. athletic freak on defense, just not sure his position, don't think he ever gets much above 220.

as far as the bust potential, i would put a lot of money on walter nolan playing 3 years and being a top 10 pick. needs to get his body right, but too much talent. i would also bet a lot of money on evan stewart being the third most productive wr in this class and transferring out after a year or two. partially because of him, partially because i love the other two guys so much.

could also see bryce anderson not sticking as i'm not sure where he fits best - fear he could be a bit of a tweener, especially on the chance we land jacoby matthews. that kid is incredible. 

Spongebob Loser GIF

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Marquis Groves-Killebrew: Georgia was fine letting A&M take him because he tore his knee up in early November, and as of the time he flipped, he still hadn't had surgery for some reason. Not sure if he's had it yet or not. Either way, seems doubtful to ever be a contributor

putting it on the record this will be the best cb from this class starting in '23. his film is unreal. i know georgia is stacked here, but i remain surprised they didn't want to wait around on him.

35 minutes ago, bizzle said:

putting it on the record this will be the best cb from this class starting in '23. his film is unreal. i know georgia is stacked here, but i remain surprised they didn't want to wait around on him.

I’ll, uh, take the field there 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

🤔 (Cromartie is a DB analyst at A&M)

you mean the players are finding out what everyone got paid and are now pissed off that they 1. didn't get as much money or 2. didn't get any money at all? you mean something like that would cause issues in the locker room? why i never....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

you mean the players are finding out what everyone got paid and are now pissed off that they 1. didn't get as much money or 2. didn't get any money at all? you mean something like that would cause issues in the locker room? why i never....

That was my favorite part of the SMU 30 for 30.  Can’t wait to see how it turns out for the Billy Bobs.

11 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

I feel like we've been predicting the eventual Aggie collapse into flames for years. Next year in Jerusalem.

With their ridiculous scheduling tactics their baseline is always going to be 5 wins so a collapse for them would be 7-5 next year with all the recruiting and Jimbo's contract considered. The road has been Jimbo's nemesis and next year they play Miss State, Bama, South Carolina, and Auburn. Going 2-2 in that stretch wouldn't be surprising. At home they have Miami, Ole Miss, Florida and LSU. With their home luck that is probably 3-1 at worse as all 4  are replacing coaches or QBs from last year. Throw in the 3 free wins vs SHSU, App State, and UMass and you have a team that should go 9-3. But without a clear #1 QB, tons of defensive talent leaving and a downgrade at DC and OL coaching this team could finish 7-5. Even an 8-4 record next year without a win vs Bama to pump will begin the fanbase turn on Jimbo even though they know they cant afford to fire him. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

With their ridiculous scheduling tactics their baseline is always going to be 5 wins so a collapse for them would be 7-5 next year with all the recruiting and Jimbo's contract considered. The road has been Jimbo's nemesis and next year they play Miss State, Bama, South Carolina, and Auburn. Going 2-2 in that stretch wouldn't be surprising. At home they have Miami, Ole Miss, Florida and LSU. With their home luck that is probably 3-1 at worse as all 4  are replacing coaches or QBs from last year. Throw in the 3 free wins vs SHSU, App State, and UMass and you have a team that should go 9-3. But without a clear #1 QB, tons of defensive talent leaving and a downgrade at DC and OL coaching this team could finish 7-5. Even an 8-4 record next year without a win vs Bama to pump will begin the fanbase turn on Jimbo even though they know they cant afford to fire him. 

If they go 8-4, very few aggies will turn against Jimbo.   After their Bama win and this class, they are convinced they are on the track to lasting greatness and multiple championships, and another 8-4 season will simply be treated as a function of the inexperience of their talent.

(Also, for those two reasons (Bama W / #1 class), Jimbo's stature among them has risen, his going 8-4 in his 4th year, notwithstanding.)

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

that shit sounds like straight out of texags i kid you not

I mean, technically it was. Just the 1919 iteration. Obviously, OBVIOUSLY, not much has changed in college station since 1919. Or the turn of the century. A good segment of the old guard still think a co-mingling of genders at aTm is just a fad, with the return of an all-male school imminent. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, technically it was. Just the 1919 iteration. Obviously, OBVIOUSLY, not much has changed in college station since 1919. Or the turn of the century. A good segment of the old guard still think a co-mingling of genders at aTm is just a fad, with the return of an all-male school imminent. 

aggy is the exception to evolution.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also miscegenation

59 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And that's merely the tip of a very white iceberg.

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

If they go 8-4, very few aggies will turn against Jimbo.   After their Bama win and this class, they are convinced they are on the track to lasting greatness and multiple championships, and another 8-4 season will simply be treated as a function of the inexperience of their talent.

They will expect another #1 class, and that might be what irritates them the most. They all saw the title UGa just purchased, and obviously aren’t afraid to spend.  If he sneaks in a 4-5 class but with lower aggregate #’s (like our current class) then they’ll get restless. Especially if it’s next year.  

8 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

I feel like we've been predicting the eventual Aggie collapse into flames for years. Next year in Jerusalem.

You do? When have we done that?

They’re a perpetual motion machine of lunacy and mediocrity. It’s who they are. They occasionally pull out the big guns to cheat, get caught, slip back to a lower rung of mediocrity, and start anew. Kind of like a rollercoaster, you might say. The hills always have deeper valleys, but it just goes round and round.

I believe texags is where you’ll find proclamations of never-ending demise for us…which are much more misplaced. You may fit in better over there. 

• Like 1

Aggy actually going to face some good QB's this year.  Van Dyke, KJ Jefferson, Will Rodgers, Young, Dart.  Even guys like Rattler and Jack Miller will be better than all the scrubs they faced two years ago like Colin Hill, Felipe Franks, JT Shrout, Ken Seals, and true freshman TJ Finley.

• Hook 'Em 2