Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

40 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Saw on TigerDroppings that some LSU reporter claimed A&M offered Matthews $80k upfront plus $100k/year and a car

Good, get the money out there.  Everyone's boosters will have an idea of what they're up against.  Plus, everyone who thinks they're as good as Matthews will want the same\similar money.  I hope Evan Stewart got less.  He'll be thrilled and already demanding a raise. 

8 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Good, get the money out there.  Everyone's boosters will have an idea of what they're up against.  Plus, everyone who thinks they're as good as Matthews will want the same\similar money.  I hope Evan Stewart got less.  He'll be thrilled and already demanding a raise. 

Whats stopping a billionaire fan from swooping in and offering every 5 star a million bucks a year or whatever the number is and locking out every other school. 

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Whats stopping a billionaire fan from swooping in and offering every 5 star a million bucks a year or whatever the number is and locking out every other school. 

If somebody wants to drop that kind of cash I'm good with it. 

Give Up Whatever GIF by Bounce

9 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

The laws. NIL cannot be offered to any person till they are enrolled in a school. however nothing is stopping a billionaire from paying current players 5 mill each. I also welcome those billionaires to my PMs

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

The laws. NIL cannot be offered to any person till they are enrolled in a school. however nothing is stopping a billionaire from paying current players 5 mill each. I also welcome those billionaires to my PMs

A petition to get billionaires to pay players $5 million each and to PM RGBIII. I will sign.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They bought his dad weeks ago. The player through a fit and begged for alternatives with his coaches and handlers. Sentiment seemed to have swayed away from ATM as a result, but if he signs there, it just tells you that they were intent on getting their man, even if he's not long for being their man. 

Threw*

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I just know, all of aggy recruits are really going to be hitting the books hard when/if they attend their classes......

Many freshman classes there are online only so the players won’t be actively participating in their classes.  Some might portal out after one year having not had an I -person class to miss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

But guys, we've been told the "NIL deals" they signed require that they stay at A&M till they graduate. They can't portal out. They have to stay there. They can't leave....

Student Athlete GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

aggy sounds like my ex-wife

Edited by pacman

5 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Jimbo's interview with 247 on Youtube was hilarious. I might tune into his presser because he plans to go off on SlicedBread about the rumor on OU Scoop. 

If you have facts about a violation, send it to compliance@tamu.edu. If not, please do not slander these young men or insult their family. 

-Jimbo Fisher, probably

Edited by Colonel Sanders

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

He's correct in that it's not an NIL fund. Straight up buying players before they get to campus on the other hand...

It's aggy's go-to method. They were busted illegally paying players under Jackie Sherrill and R.C. Slocum. Their only historical success has come from cheating. It's what they do.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Not holding out hope that anything is going to come of this, but Jimbo's reaction today is the exact type of reaction that would piss Bama/Georgia/etc off.

Honestly, Jimbo is begging the NCAA to look at recruiting. His comment last month that there has always been NIL deals. Now this tirade. I still hold 0 hope that anythign happens, but this is just making a further mockery of the NCAA 

• Like 1

So who is worse? Jimbo, for this charade of a denial regarding shenanigans regarding recruiting?

Or me, wishing it was a Texas head coach who was having to get righteously indignant because the program pulled no punches in terms of their efforts at talent acquisition?

I look back on my past self where I was proud of the fact that Texas tried to win cleanly for the most part, and snigger. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

All of those classes except UF has either won or played in a NC game. And I’m certain the ‘21 Bama class will win a NC. Pretty, pretty good fucking company to be in. 

so you're saying that both UGA & Bama have played in the NC in the last 4 years? Wow. Guess that settles it then.

• Haha 2