Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Posted some of this update on the Texas 2022 thread as well, but the rest wasn't germane to that discussion.

ATM boosters have built Dindy's dad a church. They're going to funnel money through there the way Clemson does for recruits they're competing with everyone else for, Dindy being the starting point. 

I realize no one wants to hear that, especially UT and OU fans, but, yeah. That's the word. And for anyone wishing to post articles or snippets about a "prayer college" and wanting to believe that shit is on the up and up, let me know on DM as well, as I've got a pretty prettaaaayyyy good franchise investment strategy to sell you regarding photo booths. BO&W has already bought in.

Anyway, in the past few days, Fisher and company also flew Enai White and his coach/handler down in a private jet to visit. He'd not really been considering ATM. He lives in section 8 housing and so does the handler. They were shown a different world. Expect ATM to be a player here. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Enai-White-46076687/

I believe they brought another player with them, some DE who's also poor and an amazing ball player from that area. Can't remember his name though. I guess if that shit has been posted somewhere already, just give me the heads up, as I missed it.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Posted some of this update on the Texas 2022 thread as well, but the rest wasn't germane to that discussion.

ATM boosters have built Dindy's dad a church. They're going to funnel money through there the way Clemson does for recruits they're competing with everyone else for, Dindy being the starting point. 

I realize no one wants to hear that, especially UT and OU fans, but, yeah. That's the word. And for anyone wishing to post articles or snippets about a "prayer college" and wanting to believe that shit is on the up and up, let me know on DM as well, as I've got a pretty prettaaaayyyy good franchise investment strategy to sell you regarding photo booths. BO&W has already bought in.

Anyway, in the past few days, Fisher and company also flew Enai White and his coach/handler down in a private jet to visit. He'd not really been considering ATM. He lives in section 8 housing and so does the handler. They were shown a different world. Expect ATM to be a player here. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Enai-White-46076687/

I believe they brought another player with them, some DE who's also poor and an amazing ball player from that area. Can't remember his name though. I guess if that shit has been posted somewhere already, just give me the heads up, as I missed it.

you know things are starting to get fun when this sort of post starts appearing with regularity.

I caught up some yesterday. ATM's hiring of Nick Williams away from Georgia should signal to everyone that they're going to do what they desperately need to do in order to sign anyone who is pretty much only about the money. They're getting as brazen with their activities now as they've been at Georgia, with Williams in the middle on both fronts. Bear Alexander is a prime example here, and Williams is the connect. 

If you see someone like Denver Harris taking a midweek visit to ATM after he's straight-up ghosted them, you know the recruits are talking and the buzz is that ATM will get you paid. 

Staff and Jimbo are openly talking about "taking care of the family" when the parents visit his ranch while the recruits are hosted with an embarrassment of party and luxury riches. 

Fisher has a growing concern that you can't actually win at ATM. If they buy a bunch of top 3 classes and still can't get it over the hump, he doesn't want to miss a shot in Baton Rouge. Will see how the window works out. ATM isn't kicking ass in the portal because a) they've not planned for it well and are scouting and reacting within it poorly and b) players who have been on campuses somewhere and already gotten paid aren't as gung ho to further relegate themselves into a new shithole. This is a tell to the staff at this point that it's not exactly an equitable shangri-la to recruit to compared to places like Austin, Los Angeles or football hotbeds with rabid fans that aren't also fucking weirdos. 

That's all shit to watch.

this is like a mad libs message board post. frankly, i expect better from you than this incredible heap of bullshit. 

except for the transfer portal stuff. we need to get more organized there. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, bizzle said:

you know things are starting to get fun when this sort of post starts appearing with regularity.

this is like a mad libs message board post. frankly, i expect better from you than this incredible heap of bullshit. 

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Finger wag all you like, dipshit. That’s not good enough. Because I am have handed you a code-word classified NCAA IE [intelligence estimate] right now and it’s telling you that the cheaters have started rolling into College Station like it’s a fucking bathtub drain. Or 1985, whichever analogy suits your naive temperament.

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Finger wag all you like, dipshit. That’s not good enough. Because I am have handed you a code-word classified NCAA IE [intelligence estimate] right now and it’s telling you that the cheaters have started rolling into College Station like it’s a fucking bathtub drain. Or 1985, whichever analogy suits your naive temperament.

pointing at your current coaching staff isn't finger wagging, it's merely suggesting we're all playing the same game here.

i can't decide which is better fan-fic: jimbo currently pining for baton rouge, or the wonderful story about how he failed some sort of high-end austin moral standards test, followed by the hiring of tom fucking herman and steve sarkisian. 

you're losing the plot.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i can't decide which is better fan-fic: jimbo currently pining for baton rouge, or the wonderful story about how he failed some sort of high-end austin moral standards test, followed by the hiring of tom fucking herman and steve sarkisian. 

you're losing the plot.

to be clear, if the dollars are anywhere close to the same...do you think he picks A&M over LSU?

that is the only question.

because we all know the answer.

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher was on the short list to replace Brown and was interested in the job. He failed the background check element of the job search in about every possible way and was therefore never seriously pursued after that research. 

Why did he fail the background check? There were multiple reasons. He was involved at the time in covering up rape, paying players, heavy drinking fighting with the FSU administration, fighting with boosters and going through the early stages of what would eventually be a divorce, with the poorly kept secret that his wife was fucking anything that walked and he was looking the other way. He also came across as a hillbilly and KF assessed that he’d be an unlikely cultural fit at Texas. 

Jimbo's issues with the Evan Williams Green Label is legendary, especially when he showed up to an FSU booster party hammered and started belting out Jason Aldean songs. 

The booster group at FSU couldn't stand the guy and his dickish behavior didn't endear him to many other people in that town. Monk Bonasorte was one of the only people who could really soothe over that relationship. When he died, he was all downhill from there. 

While marrying a girl from Alabama named Candy comes with it's own risks, Jimbo was laying pipe around Tallahassee at the same time. That seems to get overlooked when they want to make Candy look like the bad person in the marriage. It wasn't a secret how poorly he treated that woman. Now he's married to a Tallahassee townie who has skeletons in her own closet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

to be clear, if the dollars are anywhere close to the same...do you think he picks A&M over LSU?

that is the only question.

because we all know the answer.

Add to that the fact that he would get a lowered expectation runway with impending NCAA sanctions at swamp aggy, most any Louisiana kid he wants, and existing recruiting infrastructure in Texas to co-opt and it's really not all that hard a choice. 

5 minutes ago, bizzle said:

pointing at your current coaching staff isn't finger wagging, it's merely suggesting we're all playing the same game here.

you're losing the plot.

Was it stated that he's pining for Baton Rouge? Or that he's got concerns about actually being able to win in College Station and wouldn't want to miss the shot in BR if he winds up with the conclusion that you are cheering for a fucked up program that hasn't been relevant outside of rampant cheating since Hitler annexed the Sudetenland?

Regarding him failing the background check, that's been publicly stated by journalists, including Bobby Burton, and it was stated contemporaneously during the search for the HC by him on the UT 247 board/blog at the time. You can call into account his, and other UT writer, sources on the subject matter if you like, but you don't get to dismiss the fact that it was overtly commented on at the time. 

Instead of some weak and limp taunt of "you're losing the plot" at least put up a better statement of the same sentiment, something like Sam Shepard in Black Hawk Down with "We have lost the initiative". That way the rest of us will be mildly entertained. I haven't lost anything though. And neither have you, you're still, in fact, clinging to your illusions.

Either way, ATM guaranteed a guy $75million without a buyout provision who was actively being pushed out of his current role while his wife was getting regularly doggy-styled on his couch by alums and local trainers alike. I don't have to sell that shit, because it sells itself. You can't make it up, because truth is stranger than fiction, but aggies like you, bizzle, can always, of course, maintain that willful obliviousness that serves as a core attribute to your existence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A&M has been building a relationship with Enai White for a while now. This is because A&M ended up landing Tyreek Chappell and Elijah Jeudy from Philly Northeast High and those two are friends with Enai, espeically Jeudy is.

Now it's not a clear sailing in part because A&M almost took a DL from Imhotep in the last class, Taleeq Robbins. But backed off, perhaps because they felt they could land higher ranked talent later, which they did. SO, Robbins signed with Ole Miss, and therefore Ole Miss also has some traction on Enai White recruiting.

Guys from Philly going to college down south... you can say bags were exchanged. But there is something to be said about cultivating relationships. And A&M has an established and dang good DL recruiter from that area, as you well know now.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Fisher was being "pushed out" by FSU?! lol  That's a first for me. FSU fans hated that he left them, and they hated their leadership from not giving him the support he was seeking. Seems to me Fisher was the one who had the options, and took a better one.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, PHLaggie said:

Fisher was being "pushed out" by FSU?! lol  That's a first for me. FSU fans hated that he left them, and they hated their leadership from not giving him the support he was seeking. Seems to me Fisher was the one who had the options, and took a better one.

They did not, especially after his absolute bedshitting of a final season (that 35-3 loss to a bad BC team was especially delicious) and general disdain for them as a fanbase.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

You think FSU fought to keep Jimbo?  They were done with him

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, PHLaggie said:

I know that's the narrative at TexAgs but that simply isn't the case. Hearing Fisher's side of it doesn't make it the truth.

I'm married into an FSU family that donates a lot of money to that school. The boosters couldn't stand the guy. There are fans who hated that he left but a great deal more who were tired of his bullshit. He was given everything he wanted and asked for but he didn't want to do his part to get it, i.e. fundraising.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, Thiefery said:

You think FSU fought to keep Jimbo?  They were done with him

That's correct. He tried one last ditch attempt to get FSU to match Aggy because he didn't want to leave and Thrasher told him to get lost. When his departure was announced at the Moore Center, people in the building were clapping. Does that sound like they wanted to keep him?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

At best, it was a mutual parting of ways. It remains to be seen if FSU will come out of this for the better but at the time they were absolutely ready to move on.

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

At best, it was a mutual parting of ways. It remains to be seen if FSU will come out of this for the better but at the time they were absolutely ready to move on.

Folks there are happy with Norvell. He has a Herculean task of cleaning up the mess Fisher created. Taggart only made it worse.

41 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I would think their, let's say-- transition?-- away from Fisher hasn't gone well at all. But they're a big program and will right the ship eventually.

Sometimes, coaches also just want a change in "scenery" to get their juices flowing again.  For example, folks here were routinely mocking about Fisher's OL problems (human cubes, etc.), and look now.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, PHLaggie said:

I would think their, let's say-- transition?-- away from Fisher hasn't gone well at all. But they're a big program and will right the ship eventually.

Sometimes, coaches also just want a change in "scenery" to get their juices flowing again.  For example, folks here were routinely mocking about Fisher's OL problems (human cubes, etc.), and look now.

They're a big program, therefore they can't be down forever? That's your take? 

Listen, you should pay attention to the current landscape. Ask Michigan, Miami, UCLA and Nebraska how they feel about "not staying down forever." The world is a different place than it was 20 years ago. And you should be thrilled. Because it also allows opportunities for shitty also ran programs who never won anything, like say Clemson or A&M, to ascend. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, you should pay attention to the current landscape. Ask Michigan, Miami, UCLA and Nebraska how they feel about "not staying down forever." The world is a different place than it was 20 years ago. And you should be thrilled. Because it also allows opportunities for shitty also ran programs who never won anything, like say Clemson or A&M, to ascend. 

just giving the benefit of the doubt to FSU. I was being nice, but I also have got nothing against them/their fanbase, etc. I made that point in the context of their current, post-Fisher slump.

If Fisher = Mack Brown (according to some on this board), then the corollary of FSU = Texas... and if the same trajectory, then they'll probably not be seeing Fisher-era heights reclaimed for several more years. Taggard was their Charlie Strong, I guess.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

just giving the benefit of the doubt to FSU. I was being nice, but I also have got nothing against them/their fanbase, etc. I made that point in the context of their current, post-Fisher slump.

If Fisher = Mack Brown (according to some on this board), then the corollary of FSU = Texas... and if the same trajectory, then they'll probably not be seeing Fisher-era heights reclaimed for several more years. Taggard was their Charlie Strong, I guess.

Huh?  I’ve seen schematic thinking before but…what is that?

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Holy shit, someone actually thinks FSU wanted to keep Jimbo???

aggy's existence ensures that there will always be someone that believes in the opposite of reality

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Fisher was on the short list to replace Brown and was interested in the job. He failed the background check element of the job search in about every possible way and was therefore never seriously pursued after that research. 

Who did we hire to do the background check? Morons?

How did we miss that Jimbo Fisher knows how to win a national championship?

Did they not notice that he was a sitting national championship coach?

We got to get some new background checking guys!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

If Fisher = Mack Brown (according to some on this board)

Only in that after a national championship, we got diminishing returns as FSU did with Fisher, but the comparison ends there. For that matter, Chizik, Orgeron, and Danny Ford = Fisher as well, and I'm not sure you want to be making those (more accurate) comparisons. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Again, this kind of shit can be verified or debunked with a little click research going back to the time in which it all went down. Go check out Warchant before, during, and after the fucking guy left. It wasn't sour grapes. They were wrong with thinking they'd upgrade, but they weren't upset about seeing him leave. This can also be found in multiple local and state write-ups from the time period. 

Educate yourself beyond the myopia of your own fandom or get owned competing with facts via an indefensible opinion. This is not a safe space for ignorance. 

Motto worthy?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Don’t forget Tennessee. Boy, it would suck to be Vol fan. 

3 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Fisher had run out of options at FSU. He did very little his last few years to help right the ship, and he pissed off everyone within 500 miles of Tallahassee along the way. His personal life and demeaner had become an embarrassment for the University, and if you have ever seen Tallahassee, that is saying something.

Edited by FloridaHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Who did we hire to do the background check? Morons?

How did we miss that Jimbo Fisher knows how to win a national championship?

Did they not notice that he was a sitting national championship coach?

We got to get some new background checking guys!

We didn't introduce him to Bevo to see if Bevo liked him.

3 hours ago, TBGFL said:

Folks there are happy with Norvell. He has a Herculean task of cleaning up the mess Fisher created. Taggart only made it worse.

They better hope that Norvell is not their Herman. Otherwise the similarity between Texas and FSU is eerie. 

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Who the fuck is Dindy?

• Hook 'Em 1