Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Outdated? Have you heard their pitch? Jimbo knows how to recruit.

You see, Brenen, can I call you Brenen? Great. Look our offense is designed so that a fast guy like you can, get this, run down the field and scare the safeties into dropping back to open up the field for the tight ends. 

Imagine yourself at Kyle Field. Roaring fans going crazy when the tight end catches a 15 yarder for a first down. And you were a key part of that. There's not Me in Team, Brenen.

Uh, coach, actually you can't spell team without m and e.

I think you're mistaken, I know how to spell team. Anyway, this is the icing on that Kyle Field cake I was describing, sometimes we, you're going to love this, throw. the. ball. to. you.

Okay.

I think I've hit this out of the park and blown you away and given you something to think about. You do that. Feature yourself as a Texas A&M Fighting Texas Aggie from Texas.

Now, I've got to go shoot some ocelots and gnus in Africa.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Outdated? Have you heard their pitch? Jimbo knows how to recruit.

You see, Brenen, can I call you Brenen? Great. Look our offense is designed so that a fast guy like you can, get this, run down the field and scare the safeties into dropping back to open up the field for the tight ends. 

Imagine yourself at Kyle Field. Roaring fans going crazy when the tight end catches a 15 yarder for a first down. And you were a key part of that. There's not Me in Team, Brenen.

Uh, coach, actually you can't spell team without m and e.

I think you're mistaken, I know how to spell team. Anyway, this is the icing on that Kyle Field cake I was describing, sometimes we, you're going to love this, throw. the. ball. to. you.

Okay.

I think I've hit this out of the park and blown you away and given you something to think about. You do that. Feature yourself as a Texas A&M Fighting Texas Aggie from Texas.

Jesus Christ my IQ just fell through the floor imagining that in Dumbos voice.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Oh by the way, I am taking Demond Demas with me to Africa.  He is going to tote all my big kills back to camp, because he has the best hands on the Texas A&M Fighting Texas Aggie team for toting stuff.  When he committed he toted some big bags, so I am sure he is up to the task.  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Will Sark and staff negative recruit College Station for arresting professional athletes for microscopic amounts of weed?

Yeah, let's bring Anderson's parents into a meeting with Sarkisian and talk about how you can't smoke pot in College Station. Fucking retarded.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

You can view Part 1 of Ask Liucci, the video edition, HERE.

Thanks for all the great content Looch. You guys are awesome!

Appreciate it! And we plan on taking it to the next level this fall and beyond my friend.

How many football recruits do you think we land between June and July, and who?

I'll guess four or five by the end of July. Most likely candidates, IMO, include Ish Harris‍, Jarred Kerr‍, Chris Marshall‍, Martrell Harris‍ (done), Kojo Antwi‍ and Bryce Anderson‍. Then, there are the guys who haven't necessarily set a date yet but could very well shut things down prior to the season.

Wet ribs or dry ribs?

Wet ribs. I love dry ribs but only if they're done exceptionally well (not by me...it's one of the things I have NOT learned to do over the past year of trying to cook).

If you had to ballpark it what are the chances we can land (Smoke) Deyon Bouie‍, and who are we competing for his signature with? Thanks for doing these Billy!!

The Ags have a very real chance to sign the five-star corner. Smoke is going to end up at A&M or Georgia. Momentum is on the Ags' side right now despite Bouie making his way to Athens at the start of this week. But UGA isn't going away because you can bet your ass that Kirby Smart is taking this one very personally after losing Nick Marshall to A&M and then the commitments of both Bouie and Big Bear Alexander‍. They'll pull out all the stops, but the Ags are pretty damn well-positioned here and have surged over the last couple of weeks, both with the unofficial visit and subsequent de-commit, but behind the scenes as well.

First, it seems like the entire class of 2022 is really taking notice of A&M. Is this the most momentum you've seen in a while?

Tough to say. Positive momentum? Hell yeah, absolutely. However, with so many kids riding the momentum literally week-to-week with so many official visits being squeezed into this month, it's tough to tell EXACTLY who the Ags are sitting prettiest with. I do believe, however, that when the dust settles, folks will realize exactly how well-positioned Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies were prior to the June onslaught. That's what happens when you return your entire staff (relationships matter) and are considered an arriving power coming off of a No. 4 finish.

Second, what's the minimum that A&M needs to do accomplish this year to continue recruiting at the level we're starting to see now?

I think to continue at this clip, going 10-2 during the regular season would do the trick or even a 10-win season one way or the other. Go 11-2 and I think you'll see the Ags finish with a top-5 haul in both '22 and '23.

As of today who do you think we sign in this OL class?

Good question. Tough one. I'm just not sure with Kelvin Banks‍ and Kam Dewberry‍. I like the Ags' chances better with one of them one day, and the next it's the other five-star OL candidate. Getting both is a very real possibility, but losing out on either is, as well. I'll split the difference and say the Ags land one of the two and then one out of Nikolas Hall‍, Jaylen Early‍ or Neto Umeozulu‍ and end up inking four. Five is a possibility but only if the Aggies end up with Dewberry and Banks, IMO.

Biggest surprise from this weekend, if any.

From this past weekend, I don't think there were really any surprises. Pleasant surprises to get both Evan Stewart‍ and Denver Harris‍ on campus this week, however. As for this coming weekend, don't be surprised to see the Aggies give Le'Veon Moss a LOT to think about despite his recent commit to Bama. Speaking, I might say TreVonte Citizen‍ having as good a visit as he had and the Ags making as strong a move as they did there was also a real positive.

Your perspective on the playoffs for the Aggies and changes you would make as they are proposed.

I would've gone with 8 and not 12. I think 12 is trying to make everyone happy and also to generate more money. I get it, but I think an 8-team playoff would've been just fine.

Last year we struggled pushing Bama's OL back to provide pressure to the qb. With probably the oldest and strongest/talent group we have had under Fisher. Are we ready to give the Alabama OL the toughest test they've had against A&M?

Considering that Bama lost some key guys off the OL and exactly what you said about the Aggie d-line, yes. I think the A&M front four will not only give Alabama fits next year but do the same to every other offensive line they face in 2021.

If the 12 team playoff happens, how often do you feel is reasonable to expect the Ags to make it. Every other year? Every 3 years?

Well as is, the Ags would have reached the playoff twice in nine years since joining the SEC. Considering the direction the program is trending and how we expect A&M to be an established top-10 program, I think it's reasonable to expect the Ags to make it four or five out of ten years or so.

Is this the year in which we out-recruit Saban?

I don't think so, but the Ags could get close if they gain momentum this month and then get it done on Saturdays this fall. I actually think this is the year that A&M gets the Tide on the field, however. Kyle Field, at night, I don't think Bama will be quite as dominant, quite possibly an unbeaten A&M squad on a long winning streak, Jimbo's off-season statements having the guys fired up beyond belief...no better time than now, right?

How are summer workouts going, which freshman are turning heads!

A few freshmen whose names I keep hearing are the same guys from the spring off-season like Chappell, Harmon, Adeleye, Wykoff and a couple of others. It's tougher to say guys I've heard lately because the new group has been here for all of about two weeks. First impressions? That OL group is big-time. Foster (325 and running a 5.0-something and putting a show with the weights), Moko (he's turning heads with the weights and with how well he can move for a man his size) and Fatheree (Deuce isn't as tall as advertised, which to me is a good thing...he looks EXACTLY like what you want a young tackle to look like, probably 6-6.5 and really beginning to fill out). Shemar Turner is an absolute beast...not many true fish come in looking the part as much as he does. Jardin Gilbert tested very well when the newcomers arrived, posting something like a 37- or 38-inch vertical, and the surprise of the group may be Dreyden Norwood. He really turned heads during testing and has continued to do so with his all-around athleticism and speed. Yulkeith Brown is another name that has come up more than once. He's very light right now but apparently is a guy that has the QBs buzzing a little thanks to his exceptional ball skills. I'm hearing the dude catches everything and makes some pretty spectacular grabs.

Who's gonna read you the questions now?

That would be Gabe. Spoiler alert if you've already watched!

whats the one conspiracy theory that you kinda believe in

That the official who called the personal foul on Trent Hunter was a rabid Longhorn fan.

Weight room update, is the team with Schmidt, everyone participating?

Yes and yes. I mentioned some of the freshmen earlier. Haynes King has added some much-needed weight during the off-season and is now well over 200 pounds and around 6-3. Certainly not a sure thing but he really could be one of the three fastest dudes on the entire team. Ainias Smith has been wowing everyone with his summer off-season, and one of the things most don't know is that Ainias is incredibly strong. He put on a show on the bench following a recent workout. Saw Antonio Johnson and Demani Richardson standing side by side at camp the other day and let me just tell you, those two plus Leon O'Neal are as good looking a trio of safeties as you're going to find in all of college football. Johnson has a high-round NFL Draft pick look to him, and Demani looks as good physically as any safety I've seen A&M put on the field since Patrick Bates more than 25 years ago. Wydermyer is back out there catching passes, and Chapman is running and on track to make his return in time for fall camp, two things that were expected but are still very good to see. Another guy I keep hearing about is Isaiah Spiller. The junior has really leaned up while keeping the size that makes him so tough to tackle. He's on the shortlist when talking about individual progress during the summer.

7on7 going on, Who's leading it?

The QBs are leading it. Outstanding attendance and buy-in. This is a team that gets it and appears highly motivated, but I suspect that's become the norm around here these days under Jimbo so I'd expect it moving forward.

Favorite BBQ in town

Fargo's for the rib tips and chicken and Cooper's. 1776 outside of town is outstanding, as well.

Odds that the '22 class finishes top 5 rather than 6-10?

I think it's going to be right there and just inside of the top-5 when the dust finally settles.

Settle a bet for me: Is the Big 12 now what the SWC was once Arkansas left for the SEC? You have one dominant team (A&M in SWC and OU in Big 12) and the lowly Horns playing second fiddle trying to catch up and a bunch of other teams that throw somewhat of a punch but never really knocks down the team at the top. Your thoughts?

Sounds pretty accurate to me. But that's also why the Texas job is such a damn easy gig when you get right down to it. Once Purdy (and then Campbell) leave ISU, you're going to have Pitts Patterson in the twilight of his career, a fading Gundy, and Dave Aranda failing at Baylor plus the revolving door in Lubbock. OU is the only program that has staying power over the next five years. All Texas has to do is develop into a top-15 program and they'll play 2 games a year against teams at their level or better. If they can just emerge as the clear-cut No. 2, they'll be fine.

How often do the head coaches of baseball, football and basketball typically interact?

Those coaches are so involved in their seasons that their personal interaction isn't a ton, but they certainly do interact and oftentimes become friends. As far as consistent interaction, that usually comes in the case of two-sport athletes like Weigman, Achane and Foster and their respective recruitments.

Will covid testing, contact tracing, etc all be the same this year?

That will be completely different and players who end up having the vaccine won't even be tested unless they're symptomatic.

It's an impressive list of potential signees along the D line. Littered with 4 and 5 star recruits and we can't take them all which leaves us in an enviable position. How would you rank our offers in your personal wish list since we'll only be taking about five among the DE/DT group?

Not counting the one commit (Malick Sylla‍) my big three are Big Bear, Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy‍ and Anthony Lucas‍.

2012 Ags vs the 2020 Ags, who wins?

I think I tackled this one last week. Fun question, fun answer.

I think the WR group will be our most improved unit from last year. Which wide receiver are you expecting the biggest jump from last year to this year?

Either Demond Demas or Chase Lane.

Name a movie you loved, and could not believe a sequel was never made from it. For me, it was CONTACT with Foster and Mcconaughey. Do you think the actors both male and female were stronger back doing the black and white tv era than today. Jimmy Stewart, Brando, Ossie Davis than the Denzel, Gene Hackman, Deniro etc

Get back to me on this one. It's bedtime over here and I need to give this one the proper attention.

What Vernon Jackson up to these days, is he still in school, still associated with the team?

Not sure. I'll check up on that for you. Ask again in the next Q&A.

Which recruit do you think the board is too over-confident in us ultimately landing?

Probably Smoke Bouie and Harold Perkins‍. If you made me pick today, I do believe the Ags will land them both but, damn, we're talking about an incredible amount of top-end competition to sign each of the five-star defenders.

Is this the best collection of men's coaches, for the three major programs, A&M has had at one time?

Without question. Not even up for debate. National championship football coach, five CWS berths and two 'final fours' in baseball and three Sweet Sixteens and an Elite Eight in hoops for the three coaches. None of those things have ever been accomplished by any of the previous Aggie head coaches in the modern era in any of the three sports.

Are we going to land at least 4 consensus five stars, and why is the answer yes?

My prediction is yes. Several options but the only way it doesn't happen is if the networks start using the funny math they are famous for. It's what I call the "we're absolute slime but you guys are such big fans you'll continue to support us and not hold the individual sites accountable...especially A&M" approach to re-rankings.

How's the depth behind Wydermyer expected to look to start fall camp? Health-wise

Cupp is healthy and I expect we're going to see Blake Smith all the way back, as well. He'll probably be eased into action during fall camp if I had to guess.

Summer pool party, are you:
1) manning the grill
2) enjoying a seltzer
3) in the pool
4) all of the above while eviscerating sips trolls on Twitter

Definitely 3 and 4 and enjoying whatever the guy or gal manning the grill is cooking up.

Hey Billy, do you think we get more commits in the Summer or in the Winter before the early signing period?

In the (late) summer, but December is going to be pretty hectic, as well, which is interesting because the Ags (and most power programs) are burning through so many official visits this month.

How do you think a move to a 12-team playoff will affect the prestige of being a "playoff team"? How much would it affect recruiting/program perception to make it in when it's only 4 teams as opposed to post-expansion?

I do think there's something to be said for the impact being much greater if the Ags are to make it this year or next year...especially after just missing in 2020. Would probably result in, at minimum, two top-five finishes in two or three seasons. After that, it's about getting into the 12-team field and actually advancing to that 'final four.'

Is recruiting going as you expected, or better? (Tell me better, or that you were already at a 10

As expected. I had very high expectations from the outset, but you also have to remember the Ags are fighting some absolute WARS on the recruiting trail right now. They're going to win their fair share but won't win them all. I think the end result is a return to the top-5.

Do you have any doubt Conner Weigman‍ doesn't end up on campus? As opposed to going to the MLB.

I fully expect Conner to end up in Aggieland playing at Kyle and Olsen, yes.

Why do you think Jimbo made the comment about whipping bammer?

He knows his team has reached a point that they're ready and can handle that kind of pressure. I'm not sure the Ags were ready to enter a Bama game truly BELIEVING they could win against the Tide in the past. I believe the head coach thinks they're at the point that they're ready. He's also probably tired of hearing about Saban and Bama. That combination and he's no longer holding back.

If you could decide the exact time Saban retires, would you choose:
1. Retire immediately
2. Retire right after Jimbo gets that first win against him
3. Let Saban retire whenever he wants to.
The smart move is to have him retire immediately, but I think Jimbo being the first assistant to beat Saban would be one step below winning a national championship...

Personally, I'd like to see A&M go THROUGH Alabama en route to winning the West, the SEC and a national title. Auburn did it and LSU did it. Ole Miss should have done it. Jimbo and the Aggies WILL do it.

Does year 3 of Jimbo start to feel like year 3 of Mack Brown to begin a decade long run of Texas state football domination?

It certainly feels like it has the potential to be like Year 4 of Jimbo at Florida State. Go look up the similarities between Jimbo's third year in Tallahassee and his third year in College Station. And then see what happened in Year 4 at FSU.

What stat in 2021 Bama game is most important for Ags to come out on top
1) Total Yards from Scrimmage by QB
2) Most Sacks & TFL
3) Rushing Yards plus TOP
4) Fewest Game 1 Starters lost to injury

My answer, in order: 3, 4, 2, 1

Is Sark's recruiting efforts and the all gas no brakes motto as sad as it appears or is it our Aggie tinted shades?

There's some A&M tint to it and maybe even more because we've done the whole 'Get a dog' 'WRTS' and 'Yessir' thing. Fans loved it at the time but now they love and embrace the idea that Jimbo is kind of the antithesis of that style. He's not into the social media or hashtag game, and Aggie fans like that. I also think it has more to do with the level of arrogance you can just see oozing out of Sark, CDC, their lower-tier staffers and the Longhorn media and fans. And on top of it, as they do every single damn time, they're overdoing it and it just feels like overkill.

What did you think of Stephen Smith's rant on ESPN guaranteeing an Alabama massacre of A&M and going on and on about Jimbo "writing checks he can't cash" blah blah. Not that this team needs any more incentive to play hard vs Alabama, but geez.

I loved it. He's talking wild while not announcing to the world that he's saying what most think but also not about to pass up the chance to hype up Nick Saban and an Alabama program that pays him handsomely every off-season to go speak to their team. Jimbo isn't the 'bulletin board material' type of coach, but I'm sure there are plenty of staffers who will make sure Stephen A's quote is playing throughout Bright in the week leading up to that one.

For shats and gags..SEC, Big 12, Big 10 and ACC all have to give up one team. That team has to go to one of the other 3 conferences. Who goes where?

SEC is easy, it's Vandy. We'll let them join the ACC or go to the damned Ivy League. Big 12 it would be Kansas but they can't lose the Jayhawks for basketball purposes. So it's probably West Virginia, who goes ACC or AAC. B1G gives up Rutgers AND Maryland. Rutgers to the AAC and Maryland back to the ACC (the ACC is growing by the second, isn't it?). ACC should let Boston College walk and go to the AAC, as well (another conference that is growing and growing per my plan). Pac 12 seems good where they are. Maybe let Colorado go and rejoin the Big 12/old Big Eight while adding Boise.

Assuming Matthews can get and stay healthy, what is his realistic upside at center this season? All conference, solid starter or middle of the road SEC lineman?

His upside? I think he can be the best center the Ags have had at the position in three years (since McCoy left). He's just got more natural girth and size than the last two and has bided his time before stepping into the full-time starter's role in the middle. If he can stay healthy, he can be a quality SEC center, no doubt about it. Certainly better than 'middle of the road,' IMO.

Billy, can you please explain why the claim is made that the Ags opened up recruiting to SEC schools. I haven't been able to find any numbers that show more Texas kids are going out of state since we joined the SEC.

It's just a Longhorn talking point. They were deathly afraid of that happening when the Ags were trying to join the SEC the first time and it's part of why they fought like hell to keep the move from happening. The only SEC team to benefit significantly from Texas A&M moving to the Southeastern Conference is Texas A&M. What Bama is doing in Texas is no different than what Ohio State is doing or what USC would be doing if the Trojans were still a college football power. Outside of that and LSU, who has always recruited well across the Sabine, there really aren't any programs doing significant damage in Texas. Look at Florida. The Gators are a top-10 program with multiple national titles, but they're getting Texas prospects that are outside of the elite and not any sort of real factor for top-10 or five-star types. UF could be doing the same thing were A&M in the Big 12, Pac 12 or a damned independent. Texas fans, decision-makers and coaches are still looking for an excuse and someone to blame besides themselves, which they have been doing since before A&M and Nebraska got the hell out of there.

What is something you would like to be added to the program as far as recruiting or facility-wise?

New indoor is a must, IMO. The other stuff is nice and an Academic Center would be a huge selling point, as well, but I think that indoor was ridiculously outdated from the day it was built and it's long past time to put that thing to pasture.

Can you speak any more on the basketball transfer and the big name school you said we were in talks with to put on the schedule?

Not yet. If the transfer happens (which I was told last week it still should), it will be prior to second summer session so within two weeks or so.

Moving back to Texas after a jaunt in the service and bought season tickets for the first time. Haven't been to College Station in years. Where should we eat when we are in town for games?

Wow, pretty awesome timing, brother! Thank you for serving for all of us and it's good to have you back in Texas and Aggieland! There are all the old staples like The Chicken and Koppe Bridge, of course. Newer spots include Napa Flats, Fuego for breakfast tacos (and plenty of other stuff), the local (non-chain) Mexican restaurants in Bryan and some of the really new stuff like 1860 Italia on the south side of town and Cooper's BBQ. Mojo Burger is new and good on University and there are plenty of places to eat in Century Square. If you're looking for a nice sit-down dinner that will exceed any expectations you might have going in, The Republic (steakhouse) is the spot. 

Does softball follow the same path that baseball did for a coaching change? Feels that way.

I don't follow it quite as closely but I do know softball has some nice young talent returning. I also know they were pretty bad this year and one of the worst teams in the SEC. Jo will have to turn that around in a big way next year — her third in the new facility — but she'll have a decent chance to do so, those closer to the sport tell me.

Do you feel as if TexAgs gives the football program a recruiting advantage in any way? I have had the thought that the media coverage of recruits is top of the line and unmatched across the country.

It's not our job to give A&M a recruiting advantage, but I do think there has to be some benefit to these guys getting the type of coverage they get from the largest (and best...and most forward-thinking) fan site in college sports. Plus, our location makes for a nice setup for us to get kids once their official visit has concluded where we don't have to stalk them outside of Bright. This way, when they're done, if they have time, they can literally cross George Bush and sit down in a studio and do a really cool interview following their visit. I'm sure it helps on some level, but it's really just us doing our job and bringing you the best stuff we can. 

When will Dave Portnoy make his TexAgs Debut?

I actually think we'll make that happen someday. Possibly on the podcast. We've got a connection in case you guys forgot ;)

What's your favorite A&M reference in pop culture?

My favorite? Hell, it might be my man Rob Trujillo rocking the A&M shorts last week but I guess I'd have to go with Drake repping A&M on multiple occasions. Going way back, maybe one of the dudes in H-Town wearing an Aggie hat or shirt in 'Rockin' the Boots' haha

Who do you think we finally sign this year's DL class?

I think it ends up looking like Sylla, Bear, Jadon Scarlett‍ and either Lucas or Brownlow-Dindy. I could also see Ernest Cooper IV‍ filling that final spot.

3 years from today.. are you married?

I would say I hope so but if it's not the right woman, then I'm fine not being married. Not saying you for asking because I know you're just curious, but I've spent my entire adult life having people tell me I don't look the right way, act the right way, should be married with kids, etc, every single day on this board, social media and in real life. It gets pretty damn tiring, but the one thing I'll always be is true to myself. Maybe she's come along and I've missed her while chasing someone else, maybe I dodged a few bullets and would have ended up very unhappy, who knows. Either way, I'm all good over here but certainly in that 'wants to get married' group still.

Sip vs Louisiana.. they gonna lose that one, aren't they!?

Nah, I don't think we'd ever be lucky enough to see that happen, though the Horns did get to see A&M lose to a far inferior Arkansas State team in Sherman's first game, so I guess anything is possible. What I definitely could see, however, is the Horns going down to the Hogs and Slick Sammy Pittman in Fayetteville at night a few weeks later.

When will A&M announce the plan for JFF statue? The Tebow one at The Swamp is pretty cool to see.

IMO the timing should be sometime during the 10-year anniversary season, which is next year. There certainly seems to be some trepidation on the part of A&M, which I don't understand at all. I mean, are we really just waiting for Johnny to live his life the way TAMU wants him to live it before putting up a statue? I also don't think things like talking about getting paid for signing (sure, prior to his second year, I get it) and openly mocking the NCAA help expedite the process. It is a two-way street, after all. But it's time, and I actually think it's the perfect time. Ten years is the right schedule to be on for something like that, IMO.

Think Von and Myles will be able to get one too in time? How special is it that they are Aggies?

What Von has done to represent Texas A&M on the stage he's had over the years has been pretty remarkable. I can't think of an A&M athlete who has repped the Maroon & White more proudly since I've been doing this and, prior to that, the spotlight wasn't nearly what it is today between all of the old media outlets plus today's social. Myles and Mike Evans could easily be Hall of Famers, as well. Not sure what you set the standard for a real statue (not those creepy ass things they built in Austin at DKR) but I think it probably has to be Heisman winners or Hall of Famers, so both of those guys would have a shot by the 'Liucci standard of statues' someday.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Second, what's the minimum that A&M needs to do accomplish this year to continue recruiting at the level we're starting to see now?

I think to continue at this clip, going 10-2 during the regular season would do the trick or even a 10-win season one way or the other. Go 11-2 and I think you'll see the Ags finish with a top-5 haul in both '22 and '23.

Odds that the '22 class finishes top 5 rather than 6-10?

I think it's going to be right there and just inside of the top-5 when the dust finally settles.

They've come a long way from Jimbo promising top 2 recruiting finishes.

10 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I enjoyed this quote - "Another guy I keep hearing about is Isaiah Spiller. The junior has really leaned up while keeping the size that makes him so tough to tackle"

Uhhh..aren't those two things a bit contradictory?

I guess it's a good sign his bones didn't shrink?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

That's what happens when you return your entire staff (relationships matter) and are considered an arriving power coming off of a No. 4 finish.

An arriving power that grabbed a sitting National Championship coach and likely just had the best No. 4 squad in the history of No. 4 squads! A ruling No. 4 squad that's arriving even higher!

Next, you will hear the chant at Texas A&M, "We're number 3! We're number 3!"

And those durn t-sips at tu think nobody cares about us. Well, we don't care about those durn t-sips at tu at all!!!!!!

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

An arriving power that grabbed a sitting National Championship coach and likely just had the best No. 4 squad in the history of No. 4 squads! A ruling No. 4 squad that's arriving even higher!

Next, you will hear the chant at Texas A&M, "We're number 3! We're number 3!"

And those durn t-sips at tu think nobody cares about us. Well, we don't care about those durn t-sips at tu at all!!!!!!

Liucci can go fuck himself with that "No. 4 finish" nonsense. There were 4 finalists in the CFP and ATM wasn't one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, cochamps said:

If I didn’t already know they were delusional, the way they view Buzz is confirmation.  Not to mention they got Schloss from the BDF.

You would think that Buzz would do better in the shitty SEC, so far 24-24 (12-16 SEC), most of his good players have hit the portal, and his recruiting is really in the tank. He's already behind Baylor, UH, Texas, and probably Tech right now.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The guy had to metaphorically murder a relative to escape his idiotic position last time. I’m sure the orderlies have cut him off from the Internet for the day at this point. 

I wouldn’t be so sure. Based on the volume, length, and inanity of his posts, I think it’s safe to assume the inmates are running his asylum. 

13 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I enjoyed this quote - "Another guy I keep hearing about is Isaiah Spiller. The junior has really leaned up while keeping the size that makes him so tough to tackle"

Uhhh..aren't those two things a bit contradictory?

Not always....

Screen+Shot+2017-04-06+at+8.49.17+AM.png?content-type=image%2Fpng

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

On 6/23/2021 at 10:48 PM, Lobwedgephil said:
I think the WR group will be our most improved unit from last year. Which wide receiver are you expecting the biggest jump from last year to this year?

Either Demond Demas or Chase Lane.

Bold.  I mean one of them has yet to catch a single ball.  1 catch would be an enormous jump from last year. 

On 6/23/2021 at 10:48 PM, Lobwedgephil said:
Are we going to land at least 4 consensus five stars, and why is the answer yes?

My prediction is yes.

Lulz. 

52 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Repped because you provided the link. Texifornia is very good about that, too. I can't keep track of all the names. Looks like a good  pick up. I used to drive through Lexington going to visit my nephew when he was going there. His dad's family all went to A&M although my brother-in-law is a great guy.

Anyway, the back way  through Lexington to Caldwell or BCS is a nice change from the highway if you are so inclined.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Noble defeat incoming

E4wVM08WQAUz6ad?format=jpg&name=large

There will be no defeat of any description until he signs elsewhere. If he moves the date back, it’s a win for them. If he chooses them obviously it’s another piece of evidence that they take our guys because jimbo, and he’s completely shut it down and is locked in. If he picks us or anyone else, then there’s a long way to go and the staff won’t give up and will keep fighting and whole season to play and shit.