Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

On 6/29/2021 at 12:56 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

What is their obsession with Roach? He's the most milquetoast $9.95er ever, and they act like he's EJ Holland throwing shade at them all the time. We mock the dude because he's so hyper-conservative and non-controversial, and they think he's a t.u. propaganda machine. I know reality isn't really their strong suit, but even for aggy, their stance on Roach seems weird.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

VIP Intel: The latest on three major Texas A&M targets

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

VIP Intel: The latest on three major Texas A&M targets

Brian Perroni

I just wanted to share the latest on what I’ve been told after talking to quite a few people about some major A&M targets, two with decisions coming up.

-Five-star Humble Summer Creek offensive tackle Kelvin Banks has set his decision date for June 24. That matches up with the timeline of what he had told me after his A&M official this past weekend that it would be in the next month or so.

At this point, I don’t think he has completely decided. However, I still like my Crystal Ball prediction of A&M. The Aggies got the last official visit, which was huge, and Banks really likes both Josh Henson and analyst Robert Luce.

Texas is the main competition for the Aggies and are not ruled out by any means. Both schools will make their final pitches over the next few weeks and you never know what can happen. But, from talking to a lot of people, I believe A&M is playing from the front on this one.

I don’t think he ends up at any of the other three finalists – LSU, Oklahoma State and Oregon – but Oklahoma State is the only one I would completely write off. LSU does not seem to have much hope of landing him once that initial visit high wore off and Oregon has never really been seen as a huge contender.

Banks is not exactly sure how he plans to announce on the 24th, whether it be a video, a ceremony or something else, but he should start ironing out those details soon.

-An announcement that is even sooner is that of Suwannee (Ga.) Lambert four-star wide receiver Kojo Antwi. He is set to make his decision on Mon., June 5.

The nation’s No. 115 overall prospect took officials in June to A&M, Georgia, Ohio State and USC. I have not heard a ton about the Trojans being a big player, though.

For A&M’s part, the Aggies feel decent about their chances. However, like the other schools, they do not know what he is going to do.

You can expect both A&M and Georgia to use their current commits, especially the quarterbacks, to hep sway him heading into the decision. Antwi has thrown with Conner Weigman while in Houston and Weigman also made it to town during Antwi’s official. However, Georgia commit Gunner Stockton has been friends with him for quite some time and is also a national top-50 quarterback.

Ohio State is one that does not get a ton of talk but nobody I’ve talked to has dismissed the Buckeyes. They are sort of the wildcard possibility.

We should have more info later in the week and over the weekend but, as of now, A&M is cautiously optimistic but by no means does it feel like he is in the bag.

-After his official visit to Ohio State this past weekend, a visit he had been looking forward to for a long time, four-star offensive tackle Kam Dewberry told Steve Wiltfong he came close to committing on the trip. The good news for the Aggies is that he did not.

Wiltfong put in a Crystal Ball prediction for Ohio State on Wednesday but, from talking to a few people, I do not believe a decision anywhere is imminent.

Dewberry has long said he could commit at any point. He could wake up one day and decide he is ready to make a pledge. However, he has an official set to Oklahoma early in the season and one likely to Alabama a little later in the year. I believe he will use those before doing anything.

A&M still feels pretty good about landing Dewberry in the end. They have the familiarity and the fact that Dewberry is close to both the coaches and players. The distance could also play a factor once the visit high wears off.

Ohio State is still a huge contender and the Buckeyes have landed a ton of top prospects from the Lone Star State as of late. So I would not count them out at all. But, the longer this goes on, the better it is for the Aggies. Dewberry is also expected to be at the recruiting barbecue at the end of August.

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

So assuming Aggy lands Banks, what the heck are they doing with all those OTs? That'd be 3 OTs with Dewberry still a possibility. Is Erb getting processed? Stop chasing Dewberry? Would seem odd to take 3-4 OTs.

Transfer portal. 

Spoiler
Noon update: Barring a major shock, it's Oregon. He still hasn't communicated with A&M. Ive got more thoughts that you'll find pretty interesting on the final page of the thread. Go give it a quick read.

Some quick Friday night thoughts here along with the latest we're hearing:

On the Kojo Antwi front, the reason you're seeing momentum trend towards Ohio State has a lot to do with folks on the Georgia side not feeling very confident about their chances to keep him in state. We had at least one source extremely close to the situation for the Dawgs say they felt it was going to be A&M this afternoon. Unfortunately, I haven't heard much of anything pointing to the Monday decision falling the Ags' way.  

Ohio State is the team I felt for the past couple of weeks would be A&M's biggest competitor and that wasn't necessarily a good thing. If the two finalists are indeed the Ags and Buckeyes, that meant A&M didn't have the 'out of state' option edge over UGA for guy a lot of those in the Peach State felt was a prime candidate to leave. The other thing that raises red flags galore is the fact that several members of the Ags' Class of '22 have reached out to Antwi throughout the day and there hasn't been much, if any, feedback. Never a good sign, and we know what a tremendous job Brian Hartline and the OSU do recruiting the position.

This is big boy recruiting here - battling it out with Georgia, Bama and Ohio State for what is essentially a five-star playmaker from out of state - and the fact that the Ags are still in the ring in the final round is why I'm cautioning against throwing in the towel. I believe he left College Station a few weeks ago a decent to solid bet to wind up an Aggie and that was for good reason. Fisher and Co. did a tremendous job in this recruitment from wire to wire so, while it appears that the Ags could fall just short, let's just sit back and put off the exercise of evaluating 'what's next' at wide receiver until Monday afternoon.

As for Kelvin Banks, well this one is as interesting as they get. Why? Because we're down to roughly 18 hours until the five-star tackle announces a decision and no one really knows where he's heading. There's plenty of reason for confidence if you're on the side of the 12th Man. Oregon folks are flat-out quacking from Eugene and those covering the Longhorns are defiant, bristling at the mere mention that they're currently running a distant third.

Let's start with UO. Mario Christobal is dangerous on the recruiting front and that's probably going to be the case now more than ever with the full weight of Nike behind his efforts. The Ducks are a couple of days removed from ripping Duncanville's Cam Williams right out from under Sark and the Great Flood's noses. Don't think for a second Oregon isn't capable of doing the same to both the Ags and Horns here. And, yes, if the Ducks waddle into the Lone Star State and pull off the Dallas-Houston two-step, there will be plenty to talk about on these boards come Monday.

As for the Horns, a couple of sources on the inside in Austin refuse to believe they're out of the running, which, when you compile all of the information we have, means that they're still in some form of communication with Kelvin. I wouldn't rule Texas out of this entirely simply because Banks hasn't informed anyone of where he's headed as of Saturday evening but momentum is trending decidedly in the direction of College Station or Eugene as of this evening.

So where does that leave the Aggies? What I do know is that Banks' visit a week ago went about as well as it could have gone...to the point that following the trip, momentum seemed to clearly swing in favor of the Maroon & White, something noticed even by the folks inside kf and covering the other contending programs took note of. I also know that communication has been consistent between Kelvin and the Ags, to the point that I'm fairly certain he was in contact with Fisher despite the A&M head coach currently being on safari in Tanzania.  

Proximity to home, fit, connection with Henson and how long the Ags have been in the thick of this thing with the same head coach and position coach doing the recruiting are all positives working in TAMU's favor here but believe me when I say, this isn't one of those instances where we have a commitment video cut or have seen an edit. It's very much up in the air and none of the coaching staffs had been informed of a decision as of 9 pm Saturday as best I can tell (and we almost always get wind when that happens, good or bad). I still sense cautious optimism from my A&M sources, something to keep in mind because that vibe has historically turned out to be accurate under the current staff.

Kelvin should have a final decision sometime tonight and I do think this one could swing on a final conversation or two. It's that close. We'll keep digging in over here so stay tuned. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents
Noon update: Barring a major shock, it's Oregon. He still hasn't communicated with A&M. Ive got more thoughts that you'll find pretty interesting on the final page of the thread. Go give it a quick read.

On the Kojo Antwi front, the reason you're seeing momentum trend towards Ohio State has a lot to do with folks on the Georgia side not feeling very confident about their chances to keep him in state. We had at least one source extremely close to the situation for the Dawgs say they felt it was going to be A&M this afternoon. Unfortunately, I haven't heard much of anything pointing to the Monday decision falling the Ags' way.  

Ohio State is the team I felt for the past couple of weeks would be A&M's biggest competitor and that wasn't necessarily a good thing. If the two finalists are indeed the Ags and Buckeyes, that meant A&M didn't have the 'out of state' option edge over UGA for guy a lot of those in the Peach State felt was a prime candidate to leave. The other thing that raises red flags galore is the fact that several members of the Ags' Class of '22 have reached out to Antwi throughout the day and there hasn't been much, if any, feedback. Never a good sign, and we know what a tremendous job Brian Hartline and the OSU do recruiting the position.

This is big boy recruiting here - battling it out with Georgia, Bama and Ohio State for what is essentially a five-star playmaker from out of state - and the fact that the Ags are still in the ring in the final round is why I'm cautioning against throwing in the towel. I believe he left College Station a few weeks ago a decent to solid bet to wind up an Aggie and that was for good reason. Fisher and Co. did a tremendous job in this recruitment from wire to wire so, while it appears that the Ags could fall just short, let's just sit back and put off the exercise of evaluating 'what's next' at wide receiver until Monday afternoon.

As for Kelvin Banks, well this one is as interesting as they get. Why? Because we're down to roughly 18 hours until the five-star tackle announces a decision and no one really knows where he's heading. There's plenty of reason for confidence if you're on the side of the 12th Man. Oregon folks are flat-out quacking from Eugene and those covering the Longhorns are defiant, bristling at the mere mention that they're currently running a distant third.

Let's start with UO. Mario Christobal is dangerous on the recruiting front and that's probably going to be the case now more than ever with the full weight of Nike behind his efforts. The Ducks are a couple of days removed from ripping Duncanville's Cam Williams right out from under Sark and the Great Flood's noses. Don't think for a second Oregon isn't capable of doing the same to both the Ags and Horns here. And, yes, if the Ducks waddle into the Lone Star State and pull off the Dallas-Houston two-step, there will be plenty to talk about on these boards come Monday.

As for the Horns, a couple of sources on the inside in Austin refuse to believe they're out of the running, which, when you compile all of the information we have, means that they're still in some form of communication with Kelvin. I wouldn't rule Texas out of this entirely simply because Banks hasn't informed anyone of where he's headed as of Saturday evening but momentum is trending decidedly in the direction of College Station or Eugene as of this evening.

So where does that leave the Aggies? What I do know is that Banks' visit a week ago went about as well as it could have gone...to the point that following the trip, momentum seemed to clearly swing in favor of the Maroon & White, something noticed even by the folks inside kf and covering the other contending programs took note of. I also know that communication has been consistent between Kelvin and the Ags, to the point that I'm fairly certain he was in contact with Fisher despite the A&M head coach currently being on safari in Tanzania.  

Proximity to home, fit, connection with Henson and how long the Ags have been in the thick of this thing with the same head coach and position coach doing the recruiting are all positives working in TAMU's favor here but believe me when I say, this isn't one of those instances where we have a commitment video cut or have seen an edit. It's very much up in the air and none of the coaching staffs had been informed of a decision as of 9 pm Saturday as best I can tell (and we almost always get wind when that happens, good or bad). I still sense cautious optimism from my A&M sources, something to keep in mind because that vibe has historically turned out to be accurate under the current staff.

Kelvin should have a final decision sometime tonight and I do think this one could swing on a final conversation or two. It's that close. We'll keep digging in over here so stay tuned. 

"what is essentially a 5-star" re: Antwi. Lol except no he's almost 100 spots from being a 5 star.

Speaking of which, Antwi Fong'd to tOSU yesterday, conf 7. Somehow this week looks worse for Aggy than us.

40 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

It is really funny to watch these 9.95 clowns spew out all of this garbage, while knowing that this simply came down to the bigger bag. Texas better fucking wake up, finally realize that the NCAA is a complete non-factor, and stop fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:16 PM, Tex-19 said:

"what is essentially a 5-star" re: Antwi. Lol except no he's almost 100 spots from being a 5 star.

Speaking of which, Antwi Fong'd to tOSU yesterday, conf 7. Somehow this week looks worse for Aggy than us.

Yup. At least we had White Boy Friday.

You have to wonder hown 2011  red-shirt J. Manziel felt about his dream school beating A&M in the heart of the shithole that he couldn't wait to get out of. He was only there because they were at least smart enough to let him play QB. 

spacer.png

Nah, he's Aggie through and through. Whoop!

Edited by RomaVicta

Who could be the next Texas A&M commits in the 2022 class?

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

Who could be the next Texas A&M commits in the 2022 class?

Brian Perroni

At the end of June, Texas A&M saw four players decide to pull the trigger on Aggie pledges. Three were from the class of 2022 and had recently taken official visits while the other was an elite quarterback from the 2023 class.

A&M now has 10 commitments in class. With a final class size expected or around 23 or 24, that means there is still plenty of room left. However, many of the top targets plan to take quite a bit of time with the recruiting process and won’t be deciding soon.

Some of them could be off the board in the near future, though, so here is a look at who could be the next player or players to commit to A&M.

-Arlington Martin DE Ernest Cooper IV: The 6-foot-4, 235-pound edge rusher is a major A&M target and, following official visits to both schools to close out June, the nation’s No. 164 overall prospect is down to a final two of A&M and Stanford. Cooper takes academics very seriously and likes that aspect of both schools. He is also a big fan of Aggie defensive ends coach Terry Price. Cooper has said he will likely commit either at the end of the summer or during the Early Signing Period but he is a player that could decide to make a decision at any point. And A&M is in a good position.

-Beaumont West Brook DB Bryce Anderson: The nation’s No. 47 prospect was set to have a decision announced on July 4, but pushed it back. He will still make his pledge this summer, but does not have an exact date. This one is down to a final two of A&M and Texas and both schools have had momentum at different points since his LSU decommitment in the spring. Anderson wants to speak with Jimbo Fisher again once he gets back in the country this coming weekend and then could have a decision at any point. He has said he will announce after the A&M barbecue at the end of the month, but a decision before then is not out of the question, either. Both A&M and Texas are optimistic but Anderson has not decided himself yet.

-Argyle DL Jadon Scarlett: A small private school standout at Flower Mound Coram Deo prior to his transfer to Argyle as a senior, the 6-foot-2.5, 265-pounder has 62 tackles for loss and 25 sacks over the past two seasons. A&M likes him as a versatile lineman that can play several spots on the line and Scarlett is quite high on the Aggies. He narrowed his list to a final three this week of A&M, Missouri and Oklahoma but has only taken officials to A&M and Mizzou. If the Aggies keep pushing hard, there is a good chance Scarlett is on the commitment list before too long.

-Seattle (Wash.) O’Dea OL Mark Nabou: Not even diehard Aggie recruiting followers had heard Nabou’s name a month ago. He made a commitment to in-state Washington in early June but then embarked on a camp tour around the country with quite a few other Seattle prospects. One of the first stops was Texas A&M and the 6-foot-4, 330-pounder impressed the Aggies enough to earn an immediate offer. He also shot up the A&M board and came back less than two weeks later for an official visit. After an unofficial visit to Michigan, he decommitted from the Huskies. A&M and Michigan are his top two but he says he does not have a decision date. However, the Aggies look to be ahead of the Wolverines in this one and have him as a very important target. So it is not out of the question that he decides to shut things down again at some point in the not-too-distant future. But, even if he drags things out a bit, A&M will remain after him and is in good shape.

-Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy S Kamari Wilson: The five-star prospect was in College Station for his official visit just before the new dead period began at the end of June. Heading into the trip, the nation’s No. 24 overall prospect was considered a heavy Georgia lean. However, things went very well during the visit and A&M feels it is very much in the thick of things. Wilson has not set an exact date but has hinted at a decision coming up. It still would be considered at least a small upset if he picked the Aggies over the Bulldogs but it is by no means out of the question.

-A couple other national top-100 prospects to keep an eye on are Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep edge Enai White and Des Moines (Iowa) Southeast Polk safety Xavier Nwankpa. Neither has a date set but White should decide before the end of the summer and Nwankpa could as well. Both have the Aggies in their top groups and White was in College Station for an unofficial last month while Nwankpa took an official. Ohio State is thought to be the leader for Nwankpa but he is still open while White is high on A&M, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State.

-Neither player is likely close to a decision but A&M is firmly in the mix with a pair of former five-star Georgia commits in Fort Worth Brewer defensive tackle Bear Alexander and Bainbridge, Ga., cornerback Deyon Bouie. If either schedules a commitment date, they are ones to watch as well.

-Depending on how the defensive line board shakes out, tackle Aaron Bryant of Southaven, Miss. could be one to keep an eye on, too. He officially visited last month and is high on both A&M and Texas.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure a $9.95er said it and the last week has shown what they know.

No one said that. Ever. That's like saying some loser here preferred his fat wife to Kate Bosworth because Kate Bosworth never gave him the time of day. In other words, someone doesn't know the meaning of the word "prefer."

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No one said that. Ever. That's like saying some loser here preferred his fat wife to Kate Bosworth because Kate Bosworth never gave him the time of day. In other words, someone doesn't know the meaning of the word "prefer."

Umm, that bitch needs to eat a burger.

I gotta tell you. After we've been told by everyone that Cooper wasn't sniffing anyone but Stanford and wasn't possible to get, and that basically justifying not even recruiting the kid, the revolt at IT and elsewhere as well as our staff on Cooper should be as loud as it was on Banks. Louder, honestly.