Colt McCoy named #1 QB on Redskins First Unofficial Depth Chart

Vic Mackey

16 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

i take it Colt survived? 

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39122/colt-mccoy-cant-solve-redskins-woes-in-ugly-loss

The Washington Redskins made it abundantly clear Sunday: Their problems extend way beyond quarterback, and Colt McCoyis not a savior. In truth, these statements were both known before Sunday's 33-7 loss to the New England Patriots.

But McCoy, making his first start since Dec. 3 last season, struggled against one of the NFL's best defenses, completing 18-of-27 passes for 119 yards and an interception. Redskins coach Jay Gruden, with shaky job security, opted for McCoy over rookie Dwayne Haskins, in large part because the coaching staff felt Haskins just wasn't ready ... and might not be for five or six more weeks. McCoy knows the Redskins' offense well, but that doesn't help when the line can't block. But it's not as if McCoy looked good even when they did.

This is the worst Redskins team of the whole Snyder regime. This might be the worst team since back when George Marshall was refusing to sign black players.

I think it is about time. My main problem is Synder's teams are bad but not bad enough to ever really build anything.

Well it looks like the time is here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

It’s the worse Redskins team I’ve seen in the 22 years I’ve lived here.  Maybe Colt will have a nice game against the Dolphins next week,  but this team is absolutely in the shitter.

The skins are playing the dolphins next week? The fans might be the main losers next week.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
What does that tweet mean? They take an exit physical like an exit interview?

Maybe something teams do at the end of the season before players go back to where their home residence is?
When Jason Garrett was doing his post-game interview and asked what the post-season process was like, he mentioned that Monday the players would be doing their "exit physicals" so I'm guessing it's something that is done to:

1 - have a record of their outgoing physical profile to compare at the start of training camp

2 - identify any injury issues that might need to be taken care of in the off-season or might influence whether a player might be released or signed to another contract
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Modessit said:

When Jason Garrett was doing his post-game interview and asked what the post-season process was like, he mentioned that Monday the players would be doing their "exit physicals" so I'm guessing it's something that is done to:

1 - have a record of their outgoing physical profile to compare at the start of training camp

2 - identify any injury issues that might need to be taken care of in the off-season or might influence whether a player might be released or signed to another contract

3) CYA so they don't get accused later for not paying for treatment for injuries sustained during the season. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

What’s the deadline for declaring yourself still available to be picked up by a new team?

Umm, Week 17? spacer.png

Back to Colt, unless the leg continues to be a problem, and it may, I doubt he wants to walk away from some very sweet paydays as an NFL backup. It’s one of the best jobs in sports. And if he’s healthy, he’ll have opportunity, he’s a great plug and play guy in a pinch. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vito Andolini said:

Back to Colt, unless the leg continues to be a problem, and it may, I doubt he wants to walk away from some very sweet paydays as an NFL backup. It’s one of the best jobs in sports. And if he’s healthy, he’ll have opportunity, he’s a great plug and play guy in a pinch. 

He’s a 10 year vet.  Unless you have significant starting experience you likely aren’t getting a spot once the NFL salary minimums get that high.  Could be wrong but I think it’s unlikely he lands on another roster.

Guys like Brian Hoyer and Josh McCown are doing it and have been doing it for a long time. Fitz somehow always parlays his situations into starting gigs. There’s still a place for veteran backups. But you may be right, but I expect McCoy to have an opportunity to be on a roster next year.

Edited to add I do see your qualification of the need for “significant starting experience,” and I get that. I think the main impetus for my posting was to offer a counter to the notion he had earned enough/done enough to retire. That may be the case, but it’s hard to walk away from millions if you don’t have to. And we already have a Minister of Culture.

Edited by Vito Andolini

12 hours ago, Modessit said:

Probably Legal reasons too. They can’t come and sue the organization later saying they had X issue and was never taken care of. 

Does he have kids yet?  At some point being home with them on Sundays becomes more important than more millions. Not for everybody, but I could see Colt having that mindset.  He just doesn’t strike me as the type to chase money at all costs. Whatever he does I hope he gets to do it on his terms.

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Does he have kids yet?  At some point being home with them on Sundays becomes more important than more millions. Not for everybody, but I could see Colt having that mindset.  He just doesn’t strike me as the type to chase money at all costs. Whatever he does I hope he gets to do it on his terms.

User name checks out. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1