Dominoes, come at me bro

NateHitch

Do not play dominoes with someone who has been incarcerated for longer than a month stretch unless you are cool with losing every game. 
Hell I'm having a hard enough time with the average Joe's on the app. Started out 4-0 before dropping 5 straight and now sitting at 5-7. I feel like Charley Strong.

Zepol is playing, if we get enough people we can start having Surley tournaments

Did a half assed tapa search and found nothing. Anyway, I'm renewing my dominoes career after a long, long hiatus. Enjoying the flyclops app and looking for more asses to kick, username is McQuinn

I signed up. mac8111

You will have to send me invite since I don’t know how to do that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/5/2019 at 11:17 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Do not play dominoes with someone who has been incarcerated for longer than a month stretch unless you are cool with losing every game. 

I don't know, we had a combo pool hall/domino room when I was growing up that I think had some players who could hold their own with the best of the convicts. Course, many of them may have got their start in the pen, so there's that.

I learned how to play when I was working in the county jail. All of us officers would hang out in the office and play. I had watched the inmates playing and always wondered how they just knew what the other guys were gonna do. It was like magic. After much playing and getting roasted ("Do the dishes, bitch!"), I got it. It's like I had The Glow or something. I knew what a guy was holding when he played a certain domino, I just KNEW it. Sadly, I haven't played in over 20 years so all that shit is gone. My friends never played and I'm not about to slap down "Fitteen, muthafucka!" on my wife or kids. I had a good run, though.

Some of my most epic nights with friends were playing bones, listening to ghetto rap and drinking Napa Cabernet. I once got intoxicated and slapped a buddy at the table in his own house. Thankfully he was too drunk and stunned to retaliate.

3 hours ago, smwhorn said:

Are we talking 42 or are we talking that stupid fucking line 'em up on the table dominoes?

I will play both but "that stupid fucking line 'em up" game is significantly harder to be good at.  I mean there are variations that you just line up and play to get rid of you hand, but that's not what's being discussed here I hope.  I believe "fives" might be the common name.  My family would call it "straight" dominoes.  I have a tough go big family gatherings as there are a few state champions among them (yes, that's a thing).

41 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

I will play both but "that stupid fucking line 'em up" game is significantly harder to be good at.  I mean there are variations that you just line up and play to get rid of you hand, but that's not what's being discussed here I hope.  I believe "fives" might be the common name.  My family would call it "straight" dominoes.  I have a tough go big family gatherings as there are a few state champions among them (yes, that's a thing).

Never played it.  Not once.  As a freshman in Jester, we would stay up night after night in those lounges by the elevator lobby and play 42.  A significant portion of my mediocre GPA is attributable to this fine game. 

• Like 1

If they have an app that supports that I would switch, that'd be cool

Can you imagine the cheating that would be happening between partners though ?

Two years ago my wife got me a cool portable dominoes table. I didn’t tell her that it needed to be a bit bigger for a game of straight dominoes. It’s the thought that counts.

My coworker has a wife that got him a nice custom set of dominoes except they had that stupid ball thing in the middle of them so they don’t lay flat. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea ? He tries to play with them every once in a while just so she feels the love, but deep down it is killing him inside.

Many, many years ago, I lived in the athletic dorms of the small college I attended (had basketball players for roommates).  One thing I learned, being a naive young man from a rural (RE: redneck white) environment....is just how serious my fellow dorm mates took both dominos and spades. These weren't mere games.  These were fucking wars.

You had your manhood challenged on a daily basis.  It was glorious.  Absolutely fucking glorious. I'd go home in the summer, mention a game of spades or dominos to family/friends, and they played so politely.

Great memories.