Which 2019 Game Gives You Most Concern

sidis

Which 2019 Game Gives You Most Concern  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game in 2019 (excluding LSU and OU) Gives you the Most Concern?

• La Tech
    • Rice
    • Oklahoma State
    • @ West Virginia
    • Kansas
    • @ TCU
    • Kansas State
    • @ Iowa State
    • @ Baylor
    • Texas Tech

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/19 at 07:30 PM

which game outside of the lsu and ou games give you the most concern going into the year?  i think there are four that pop out immediately in the okie state game, at west virginia, at tcu, and at baylor.

however, given the new coach at wv, the qb uncertainty at tcu, and the fact that osu is at home and we are fucking due to deliver them an epic fucking beatdown that they deserve, the one that i see having the most potential to screw up a solid season is baylor as weird as it sounds.  and i attribute a lot of that to brewer.  he took some major steps forward last season that culminated in their bowl game and i think they are coming in way underrated.  our lack of success in fort worth is lurking there as well.  and seriously, we are fucking 2-7 against okie state this decade with three 3 point losses in the last four years.  that is fucking ridiculous and they are starting to approach kstate levels of annoying the shit out of me.  we need to kick the ever living fuck out of them.

Oklahoma State and TCU. Both have largely owned Texas since the B12 went to its current form in 2012. Even last year, OSU beat Texas in a down year and TCU was winning at halftime; Shawn Robinson just gave the game away.

I'm sure there will be another game Texas loses inexplicably but those two stick out to me. I'd bet on losing one of the two.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Road game @ Iowa State

Fucking this. I know it’s early on in the poll, but I’m surprised this one wasn’t higher. Road trips to Iowa state are sketchy as fuck for any team. If we’re top 10 going into that game (or not) I could see that game getting us.

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Fucking this. I know it’s early on in the poll, but I’m surprised this one wasn’t higher. Road trips to Iowa state are sketchy as fuck for any team. If we’re top 10 going into that game (or not) I could see that game getting us.

Or I could’ve just waited 5 minutes to give that take lol

the reason that iowa state doesn't concern me as much as the others is because of campbell's offense and orlando.  iowa state doesn't run a traditional big 12 air raid offense that todd is incapable of scheming for.  when we play teams that line up and run traditional power running schemes (see uga and isu last year), orlando has been at his most successful.

• Like 1

the reason that iowa state doesn't concern me as much as the others is because of campbell's offense and orlando.  iowa state doesn't run a traditional big 12 air raid offense that todd is incapable of scheming for.  when we play teams that line up and run traditional power running schemes (see uga and isu last year), orlando has been at his most successful.

This. Iowa State is the only team that Texas has taken care of with zero drama in the Herman era. 41-17 over two years including garbage time points for ISU last year. Texas is a very bad matchup for ISU.

I consider Iowa State the next best team in the Big 12, and while the pundits and I disagree, I have Texas playing the 'clonz twice this year.

That having been said, Okie State is probably the biggest matchup problem Texas faces, and for no other reason than just because. Little fuckers.

Facing a Gundy coached team is like rolling out there on a basketball court against a team that plays four guards, and rotates in fresh legs every two minutes. It doesn't matter how much you're supposed to beat them by. Little fuckers just never, ever go away.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Baylor. It's a late-in-the-year matchup, coming right off of a tough away game at Iowa State. Brewer's a good QB and he'll only get better next year, it'll by a real challenge.

This game here because Brewer is pissed that UT did not offer him a scholarship.  It is his annual revenge game.  Plus, his dad, well...you all know by now.

Definitely TCU. Iowa St lost their best WR and RB, they won't have the same punch on offense in 2019. TCU took a huge step back offensively in 2018 and their record reflected that much, if they sort out their QB situation they'll be a lot tougher in 2019.

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This. Iowa State is the only team that Texas has taken care of with zero drama in the Herman era. 41-17 over two years including garbage time points for ISU last year. Texas is a very bad matchup for ISU.

Exactly this. 

And while the loss of Montgomery at RB is a bit overstated, the loss of Butler is not.  We'll miss him badly.  It's nice that we're getting a lot of preseason love but that's mostly for the defense.  UT's offense will be better than ISU's offense.  

And knowing ISU's luck it'll be 70 degrees at kickoff on November 16th.

Maybe I’m just overhyping ISU, because you guys are right, Herman has owned them. I just don’t think they get the credit they deserve, and no matter how good they are, they’re always viewed as “just Iowa state”. They have a big upset every year, it seems like. I feel like TCU has our undivided attention a lot more than ISU. We’ll be hyped up and ready for that game regardless of record. They’ve been the most consistent team in the state for a while now, so they better not sneak up on us. 

I just have a bad feeling about those road games against the Big 12 middle class. At TCU seems like a game that could do us in this year like OSU did for us last year.

La Tech worries me a lot just because they are a pretty good team but it is not a conference game so while losing that would suck, losing a conference game is far worse.

TCU..... Fatterson's been sweating watching film and gameplanning for Texas since the Damn Cheez-It Bowl ended. 

For the Texas Game... TCU is planning a huge celebration for their new renovations of Amon G. Carter Stadium.  We are TCU's biggest game in 2019.  Btw, TCU beat Texas in 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017...

• 2014    48-10    DKR 
  • 2015    50-7      Foat Wuth
  • 2016    31-9      DKR
  • 2017    24-7      Foat Wuth

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

Oklahoma State is early in the year and Tylan Wallace could destroy our young corners.  He destroyed our seniors last year.

Also Oklahoma State is the only team in the conference Herman has yet to defeat.

Edited by fellside

59 minutes ago, fellside said:

Oklahoma State is early in the year and Tylan Wallace could destroy our young corners.  He destroyed our seniors last year.

Also Oklahoma State is the only team in the conference Herman has yet to defeat.

One thing we'll have going for us is whoever plays QB for them will have only faced defenses from Mcneese State, Tulsa, and Oregon State.

We should be able to line up and run at them all game.  They replace the entire DL + the main backups from last year.

• Like 1

@Baylor

Most people are saying @Iowa St.  But we're not gonna overlook them, and they will come limping in after an ass kicking in Norman the previous week, and we'll be able to do a lot of the same things ou did to them, and both sides will know it.

Baylor the following week is a more dangerous game to me.  It may very well be the second straight road game against a ranked team.  If we have a letdown... 

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

You stupid sip.  aggy is playing georgia in the final which is a rematch of the sec ccg rematch of the aggy win in athens.

And then UGA will win the final, because they just didn't really want to be there when aggy came to town or when they met them in Atlanta.