Disney+ ...oh and ESPN+, plus Hulu

Drew

All for $12.99. Unreal.

So I knew the Disney+ app would probably be worth whatever they ask based on content alone(they didn’t buy FOX for nothing) but adding in Hulu and ESPN+ and wow that’s a hell of a deal for not much more than any of those 3 would be on their own.

Add to that that I already have Netflix and Amazon Prime(with HBO and CBS All access though my parents) and it’s a heck of a deal.

He’ll I could pay for all that(Netflix is $12 now, Amazon Prime plus HBO/CBS is probably $25) and the $12.99 for this Disney bundle, and I’d still pay less then I do for cable and stream everything I could ever want. Get an antenna for live sports/news and I’m set.

This could be the kill shot for cable and cable/cutters.

I was just reading an article where it mentioned that there would probably be a bundle for all three, but they hadn't announced the price for it. $13 for all three is ridiculous, I was expecting $15-20 tbh.

Agreed. $17-20 for all 3 would still be a pretty good deal. It’s not just Disney and their ESPN platform but also Hulu? Crazy.

1 hour ago, EE2B said:

It looks like the only catch is it’s Hulu w/ads. Apparently they have no plans to offer the ad free version as part of the bundle pricing.

BOOOOOO. I will never go back to ads on Hulu. 

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hulu without ads is worthless. Networks still can put ads out there. I cancelled that 6 dollar/mo rip off because the hulu chat person told me they would too if they were me

I have Hulu Live, and their customer service is awesome. 

Does the non-ad version of Hulu have full seasons of new stuff?   When I had it all they had was like a few eps of recent seasons.   Made it kind of pointless unless I was just a few eps behind in a show

14 minutes ago, d2o said:

Does the non-ad version of Hulu have full seasons of new stuff?   When I had it all they had was like a few eps of recent seasons.   Made it kind of pointless unless I was just a few eps behind in a show

Like what, specifically? I've not encountered this problem. 

56 minutes ago, d2o said:

Its been a few years since I stopped trying Hulu but Agents of Shield only had like maybe the last 4 or 5 eps available.    They didn't have all of the seasons available.

Netflix has the previous seasons. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Netflix has the previous seasons. 

They only had the completed seasons.    EX:   They were currently on ep 10 of season 6 but I had only seen the first two eps.   Hulu only had like eps 4-10

15 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

what does Hulu offer anyways?  I have Prime and NF, plus all the networks OTA.  What am I missing with Hulu?

TV shows. I use my girlfriend's account and found so many great ones from the past. Shit I even forgot about. Although some of the series are missing episodes. Their movie selection is pretty subpar.

1 hour ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Hulu also has all the seasons of South Park.

King of the Hill

South Park

Futurama

Bob's Burgers

American Dad

Rick and Morty

I spend a lot of time throwing on one of the above to fall asleep to. 

• Like 1

This times out good for me. I signed up for the HULU basic package on black Friday last year (.99 a month for a year), so it looks like that deal will be ending about the time DIS+ launches. I've been happy with hulu, I can usually find something to watch and there are complete seasons of a lot of shows, plus some networks keep current seasons updated each week of their top shows (ABC, NBC and some fox content).

The ESPN+ name is a little deceiving. I thought it had the basic live content plus a few extra things. From looking it up, it only has a few live sports and some of their original content (which is usually pretty good). I haven't tried it yet, but considering its bundled with the other stuff, it seems worth it to me. 

16 hours ago, Nivek said:

Cutting the cord always seemed silly because you get to pay the same for less.

Too bad a real pick and choose package at cable’s rate/channel doesnt exist.

For me, I can't believe how long I waited to do it.  YouTubeTV and PS Vue have both gone up but either one of those today ($55-60) paired with an internet connection ($70) are still like $65 less a month than I was paying for Cable+Internet+2 DVRs ($195) from Spectrum.  When I pulled the trigger I had the savings figured at $950 a year because the opening YouTube rate was like $35/month after tax and they let you keep that rate through their first price increase.

33 minutes ago, Hozz said:

For me, I can't believe how long I waited to do it.  YouTubeTV and PS Vue have both gone up but either one of those today ($55-60) paired with an internet connection ($70) are still like $65 less a month than I was paying for Cable+Internet+2 DVRs ($195) from Spectrum.  When I pulled the trigger I had the savings figured at $950 a year because the opening YouTube rate was like $35/month after tax and they let you keep that rate through their first price increase.

Yep I went from $130/mo for cable + internet to $100/mo for internet + DTV Now + Hulu + Netflix.   And I can cancel/restart any of those whenever I feel like it. 

17 hours ago, Nivek said:

Cutting the cord always seemed silly because you get to pay the same for less. 

Too bad a real pick and choose package at cable’s rate/channel doesnt exist.

Channels/content we subscribe to (or will be in the case of Disney+):

• Disney/Hulu/ESPN = $13
  • Netflix = $13
  • PBS Kids = $5
  • Noggin = $8 (only during the summer months)
  • Hallmark Movie whatever $6 (only in Nov/Dec/Jan)
  • Prime - basically free since we would do Prime shipping regardless of Prime video
  • Local public library - free (taxes LOL) (everything that we can't get with the previous services, such as HBO stuff)

So our totals are:

• 6 months out of the year = $31 a month
  • 3 months out of the year = $39
  • 3 months out of the year = $37

That is far cheaper than what we used to pay (around $75+), and we have much more content (given all of the older stuff available).  Even if we tossed in Sling or YouTube, that's still a helluva lot cheaper than what we used to pay for cable TV, which included a bunch of crap we had no desire for.  Yeah, I'm missing out on some sports, but I watch a lot less now that I have kids, plus the sports stuff I want to watch is almost always available at the Mexican restaurant down the street, or a couple of other places nearby.  We thought we would miss a bunch of stuff like DIY/HGTV/History, but the good History stuff is available on DVD or Netflix or Prime, and most of those channels turned to shit.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1