2020 CB Ethan Pouncey

Machinator

13 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Got to love when shit works out like this. What was the Pouncey story again? I remember being blown away on Shaggy but I've forgotten most of the finer details now.

https://insidetexas.com/pouncey-picks-texas/

WINTER PARK, FL — Because of a glitch in the Texas Football recruiting mailing list, Jordan Pouncey had been receiving mail from Austin for a year. Well, call it fate when he committed to Texas today.

How this affects Texas: The way Pouncey and Texas got to know each other is a funny story. Accidentally put on UT’s mailing list last spring, close to former UT staffer Andrew Sowder, hit it off with WR coach Drew Mehringer, and was blown away on his visit to Texas. Each time I speak to him, his love for the Longhorns only grows. His girlfriend’s family built up Austin and then UT exceeded expectations. He’s been trending Miami even before he de-committed from Notre Dame, but hearing The U might possibly be going in a different direction. If true, this kid is Longhorn on NSD. – JW

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

Calves are not SEC ready.  J/K  His HUDL film is Nice!  Looks like a good instinctual player with good ball skills.  

Nice pick up.  Staff has been recruiting lights out last few weeks.  Not sure if it was Broughton or the '21 guys before him, but something seems to have lit a fire under the offerees.  

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I'm so happy the Pouncey kids' pic has come to fruition. All because Charlie's assistant sent the recruiting mail to the wrong kid in Florida back when Jordan was a Notre Dame commit.

Damn I had no idea about that pic on the bottom right. Dude should’ve been in the calculator a long time ago. That’s up there with Sam’s. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange4Life said:

He clearly does not play well with others. He won't let the opposing team touch the ball. 

I think we're going to see E. Pouncey and Bowman with an awful lot of interceptions fairly soon.

Edit: I just wanted to add "fuck you, Auburn."

Edited by campcrunk

8 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Damn I had no idea about that pic on the bottom right. Dude should’ve been in the calculator a long time ago. That’s up there with Sam’s. 

Even before his Hiring, Mensa somehow was playing 4D chess on this one. Charlie was but an unknowing pawn.