Predict the final Big 12 Standings

TexArcher

(with regular season conference records)

1. Texas  (8-1)

2. ou  (8-1)

3. Iowa St (6-3)

4. Baylor (5-4)

5.  Okie St (5-4)

6. TCU (4-5)

7. West Virginia (4-5)

8. Texas Tech (3-6)

9. Kansas St (2-7)

10. Kansas (0-9)

This time ou beats us in the RRS, then we get payback in the CCG.  Herman wins his first Big 12 title and we go into the playoff at 12-1.  

Yeah, we lost most of our starters on defense, but a lot of them weren't that good.  We're going out there with a less experienced but more physically gifted group on D, which would scare me except that Todd Orlando is a god.  

All the talk will continue to be about Sam and CJ and all those lost starters on defense.  But people are gonna find out that we've also got two very good running backs and a defense that improved instead of regressing.  

Post your rankings and thoughts...

• Like 1

This year is as stark of a divide as there's ever been between the top and bottom half of the B12. Usually the conference can stand on its depth. This year, I think you have 4-5 teams that will end up legit top 25 squads, Baylor will be okay, and four teams with rough years - outright bad. I also don't see a nationally elite team. I think the B12 is probably out of the playoff discussion by Thanksgiving.

Texas (7-2)

OU (7-2)

TCU (6-3)

Iowa State (6-3)

Oklahoma State (5-4)

Baylor (5-4)

Texas Tech (3-6)

Kansas State (1-8)

West Virginia (1-8)

Kansas (1-8)

Edit: Battered Texas fan syndrome had me putting OU first originally. Fuck that. Texas is going to win in Dallas because they're tougher, come in ready to play, and there isn't anything OU's soft-serve defense can do to stop them. This team is probably still too young/thin to run the table - I see them losing one of TCU or Oklahoma State and probably a Herman trademark head-scratcher. But they will beat OU in Dallas and it will end up being the regular season tiebreaker.

Edited by gmr548

Texas 9-0

ISU 7-2

OU 7-2 (loss h2h v ISU)

TCU 6-3

Baylor 5-4

OSU 5-4

Tech 3-6

WVU 2-7

KSU 1-8

KU 0-9

We are good enough to win them all. We could lose one or three, but I like us as the favorite for each in isolation. OU is talented, but ISU has heart. Those two could flip places. I think TCU is a very tough out this year. Baylor seems like they will almost beat good teams and manage to overcome bad ones. Tech has brought in some grad transfers— I think they may be the best of the worst 4. The bottom of the conference will be bad, methinks.

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This year is as stark of a divide as there's ever been between the top and bottom half of the B12. Usually the conference can stand on its depth. This year, I think you have 4-5 teams that will end up legit top 25 squads, Baylor will be okay, and four teams with rough years - outright bad. I also don't see a nationally elite team. I think the B12 is probably out of the playoff discussion by Thanksgiving.

Texas (7-2)

OU (7-2)

TCU (6-3)

Iowa State (6-3)

Oklahoma State (5-4)

Baylor (5-4)

Texas Tech (3-6)

Kansas State (1-8)

West Virginia (1-8)

Kansas (1-8)

Pretty sure the combined record in conference games will be 45-45 and not 42-48.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TexArcher said:

(with regular season conference records)

1. Texas  (8-1)

2. ou  (8-1)

3. Iowa St (6-3)

4. Baylor (5-4)

5.  Okie St (5-4)

6. TCU (4-5)

7. West Virginia (4-5)

8. Texas Tech (3-6)

9. Kansas St (2-7)

10. Kansas (0-9)

This time ou beats us in the RRS, then we get payback in the CCG.  Herman wins his first Big 12 title and we go into the playoff at 12-1.  

Yeah, we lost most of our starters on defense, but a lot of them weren't that good.  We're going out there with a less experienced but more physically gifted group on D, which would scare me except that Todd Orlando is a god.  

All the talk will continue to be about Sam and CJ and all those lost starters on defense.  But people are gonna find out that we've also got two very good running backs and a defense that improved instead of regressing.  

Post your rankings and thoughts...

I think you nailed it 

1. Texas  (9-0)

2. Iowa State  (7-2)

3. Oklahoma (7-2)

4. WVU (5-4)

5.  Okie St (5-4)

6. TCU (4-5)

7. Baylor (4-5)

8. Kansas St (2-7)

9. Texas Tech (1-8)

10. Kansas (1-8)

WVU will have a worse QB but a much, much, much better coach. Tech has a coach who knows good people in the coaching business, but didn't hire any of them. Baylor is getting an awful lot of hype, and I can't for the life of me see why. Oklahoma went from a bad defensive coordinator to quite possibly a worse one, but they do still have a ridonculous offense. And if Matt Campbell is still coaching Iowa State in 2020, then he may be there for life.

• Like 1

1. Texas  (8-1)

2. ou  (7-2)

2. Iowa St (7-2)

4. TCU (6-3)

5.  OSU (5-4)

6. Baylor (3-6)

6. West Virginia (3-6)

6. Texas Tech (3-6)

9. Kansas St (2-7)

10. Kansas (1-8)

I don't think we lose in the Cotton Bowl - but I think we drop one somewhere else. 

10 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

And if Matt Campbell is still coaching Iowa State in 2020, then he may be there for life.

I'd be cool with this.  The Big 12 desperately needs a third team that matters consistently, and I'd rather it be Iowa St than Baylor, TCU, or Tech.

I'd also like to see Okie St return to semi-prominence, because anyone who hates ou is okay in my book.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WBT said:

Pretty sure the combined record in conference games will be 45-45 and not 42-48.

Get your sharia math out of here. We all lose a few extra just by having OU around.

You are of course right though. Three 1-8 teams is basically impossible, and another 3-6 team after that is even more unlikely. I was being too harsh on the bottom tier.

Texas (8-1) + (3-0), 1-0 P5

OSU (7-2) + (3-0), 1-0 P5

OU (7-2) + (3-0), 1-0 P5

ISU (6-3) + (3-0), 1-0 P5

TCU (5-4) + (3-0), 1-0 P5

KSU (4-5) + (2-1), 0-1 P5

BU (3-6) + (3-0), 0-0 P5

TT (3-6) + (2-1), 0-1 P5

WVU (2-7) + (2-1), 0-1 P5

KU (0-9) + (2-1), 0-1 P5

Edited by HtownHorn

1.) OU 7-2

2.) TCU 6-3

2.) UT 6-3

4.) ISU 5-4

4.) oSu 5-4

6.) BU 4-5

6.) TT 4-5

8.) KSU 3-6

8.) WVU 3-6

10.) KU 2-7

Sugar: Oklahoma

Alamo: Texas

Camping World: TCU

Texas: Oklahoma State

Liberty: Iowa State

Cheez-It: Texas Tech

First Responder: Baylor

Edited by SimonBolivar

1.) OU 7-2
2.) TCU 6-3
2.) UT 6-3
4.) ISU 5-4
4.) oSu 5-4
6.) BU 4-5
6.) TT 4-5
8.) KSU 3-6
8.) WVU 3-6
10.) KU 2-7

Sugar: Oklahoma
Alamo: Texas
Camping World: TCU
Texas: Oklahoma State
Liberty: Iowa State
Cheez-It: Texas Tech
First Responder: Baylor

Kool Aid levels apprar critically low.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OU (8-1)

Texas, ISU (7-2)

OSU, TCU, Baylor (5-4)

Tech (3-6)

KSU, WVU (2-7)

KU (1-8)

ISU gets the tiebreaker because of head-to-head and goes to the B12 title game, but loses to OU again; OU's one conference loss is to Oklahoma State, ending their hope of an unbeaten season. That late loss might be enough to knock them out of the playoff even at 12-1, because their best wins will be over Iowa State (which won't get them the credit they'd otherwise deserve), us, and then a dog's breakfast of Houston/UCLA/TCU/Baylor (teams with at least four losses). It will also be not necessarily a bad loss like Ohio State's the past two years, but to a low-enough tier opponent (fringe Top 25) to damage their credibility. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

13 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I'd be cool with this.  The Big 12 desperately needs a third team that matters consistently, and I'd rather it be Iowa St than Baylor, TCU, or Tech.

I'd also like to see Okie St return to semi-prominence, because anyone who hates ou is okay in my book.

I might be crazy, but I feel like long-term, WVU is the most likely "third team" to emerge. As long as Campbell is at ISU they'll be right up there though.

Just now, 'stache said:

I don't think WVU can lose that many players and have much success this year. Didn't the new coach say they won't have all 80 scholarships filled for a few years? It's tough to win games in this conference without depth.

Brown was pretty much saying they're going to suck this year during media days. I agree with other that he'll end up being a fantastic hire.

• 2 months later...