Antonio Brown's mysterious foot injury is severe frostbite

C-Man

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't know. They take on dudes who have made mistakes, but they're usually out on dudes who are egomaniacs. The closest they've come is Ochocinco, and that failed pretty spectacularly.

Chad Johnson was washed up by the time he got there. Antonio Brown is far from washed up. Big difference. After the Pats stint, he went to the Dolphins and was released then played in the CFL. 

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Guess I’m an idiot, but I didn’t know guarantees weren’t guaranteed. Are they only in the event of injury? Teams can just cut players or remove their guarantees without having to pay them?

They can't cut you because you suck and not pay you. But most contracts have language about conduct detrimental, missing team activities, accumulation of fines/suspensions, etc. that void certain guarantees.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Chad Johnson was washed up by the time he got there. Antonio Brown is far from washed up. Big difference. After the Pats stint, he went to the Dolphins and was released then played in the CFL. 

I mean, sure, if AB is willing to sign a near-minimum, non-guaranteed contract, then I'm sure New England (and 30 other teams) would love to kick the tires. But what about the last few days would suggest that he'd accept that? If he has no other options and has to play for "pennies", then teams know they're getting an angry head case willing to post any team discrepancy on social media. That doesn't sound like a Patriot.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

well he played the hands going forward from the SB way the fuck better than Barry.  Holy fuck Chuckie has been paid hand over fist for sucking as a football coach.

He's a more sophisticated Jeff Fisher, without the constant axe to grind.

I wanted to see them suspend AB for his cuntiffery.   Missed opportunity...

AB is gone.

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Guess I’m an idiot, but I didn’t know guarantees weren’t guaranteed. Are they only in the event of injury? Teams can just cut players or remove their guarantees without having to pay them?

I think when you hurt yourself because you are stupid and refuse to show up to work it kind of voids the contract. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He thought he was above the law, and he was with the Steelers for most of his tenure there. But this is an egregious example of his stupidity and renegade thinking. He so pissed off the Raiders that they actually employed a technicality in his brand new contract to terminate him.  I don’t think anything like this has happened in pro sports, and so AB never thought they’d do it.

But they did, and tanked their season in the process, and will assuredly endure litigation from Brown’s camp, and they have to know that.  That’s how much they don’t want him around. It must have gotten personal with Mayock, and he might not be acting rationally. I suspect Mayock is at odds with Gruden and Davis both. 

And is the only one of the 3 with any fucking sense. 

• Like 2

I had not been keeping up with the real details of this, but just reading a summery this guy is a total idiot and you would have to have your head in your ass to take a risk on him

he is a social media diva and basically pissed on NFL rules (not the Stealers but the NFL) live streaming from the locker room then was pissed off when he got fined for it....oh yea and he is on the payroll for facebook hahaha

the deal with his feet I mean clearly he does not have a clue what shit he is trying or anything about basic shit like liquid nitrogen will fuck you up (or whatever they were freezing his feet with) and just said fuck it and probably wore a pair of comebak szn JFF slides into the cryo treatment

the shit with his helmet just seems like a child that you can't tell that they do not get to keep their pacifier then they are 28 years old....or some superstition bullshit

and when a guy like Terrell Owens tells you that you are being stupid and need to chill out......well you have to be acting like a total fuck head

plus he has the biggest shit bag agent in the business that has just sat back and watched all this blow up probably because he knew that a trade meant a new contract and more money for him.....and no way he gets humble and goes somewhere for even decent money with a lot of restrictions especially with the shit bag agent he has.....so the next place that signs him will be on the hook for huge money no matter how stupid he acts

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 2