Antonio Brown's mysterious foot injury is severe frostbite

C-Man

That’s a pretty stale depiction of Dallas. It cut ties with Hardy long ago and got rid of nutjob Dez. Zeke is a totally different case. He’s a knucklehead. Dez, and AB more so, have serious mental and emotional problems (as does Randy Gregory). Hardy was a criminal and I seriously doubt they’d sign someone like that, or AB, now. 

Ha. So in a few years they are totally different. Jlaw.gif. Bookmark this post for later reference.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That’s a pretty stale depiction of Dallas. It cut ties with Hardy long ago and got rid of nutjob Dez. Zeke is a totally different case. He’s a knucklehead. Dez, and AB more so, have serious mental and emotional problems (as does Randy Gregory). Hardy was a criminal and I seriously doubt they’d sign someone like that, or AB, now. 

Jerry would sign AB no matter the case. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

He’d have a hell of a time paying Dak and Amari, then. Cowboys don’t need AB. They have a very talented roster including WRs - most talented I remember since ‘96 or ‘07. They don’t need him and won’t be able to afford him. And his personality could blow up a unified group. 

Now, I fully believe Cowboys would’ve done this deal a year ago, pre-Amari. 

I agree about the cap, but he would absolutely make room for AB in some capacity. AB, as much as a drama queen he is, is a great player. Jerry has tunnel vision and only sees talent. 

Do I think it will happen? No. Would it surprise me? Not at all. I think he ends up probably on my Bucs or some shit because we suck and need all the help we can get. 

Guess I’m an idiot, but I didn’t know guarantees weren’t guaranteed. Are they only in the event of injury? Teams can just cut players or remove their guarantees without having to pay them?

They can't cut you because you suck and not pay you. But most contracts have language about conduct detrimental, missing team activities, accumulation of fines/suspensions, etc. that void certain guarantees.

This is a timing issue though. He had to be on the roster at some point this season for the guarantee to kick in, right?

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Correct of course. I think both guys are serviceable and one of Jerry’s faults is loyalty, and he thinks they’re better than most any outsider. I take bigger issue with Garrett. QBs don’t grow on trees, but Garrett would be easily upgraded. 

Agree with all of that. 

I don’t know but none of that matters. AB and Rosenhaus will hire the best counsel, and recoup some significant portion of that guarantee. I’ve never seen anything like this in sports. 

If it’s not cut-and-dried then you can bet your ass they’ll dig up the conduct portion of every NFL contract and use that as justification.

Guess I’m an idiot, but I didn’t know guarantees weren’t guaranteed. Are they only in the event of injury? Teams can just cut players or remove their guarantees without having to pay them?
There was a provision in his contract that stated that if he was suspended that he lost his guaranteed money, as well as giving the Raiders the right to release him if they so choose. Some of the talking heads yesterday didn't think that they wouldn't release him because AB's next move is to sue the Raiders and claim that the suspension was for some reason not allowed by the CBA or his contract. They'll settle out of court, I'm sure.

I’d challenge you to find an apples to apples situation. $29MM voided before he plays a down. I don’t think it’s that cut and dried though. I do think there’s enough weird shit around it to where it’ll be challenged and litigated until the Raiders just want it to go away. They’re gonna pay AB a lot. 

Are you both a doctor and a lawyer? That’s impressive.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’d challenge you to find an apples to apples situation. $29MM voided before he plays a down. I don’t think it’s that cut and dried though. I do think there’s enough weird shit around it to where it’ll be challenged and litigated until the Raiders just want it to go away. They’re gonna pay AB a lot. 

I’d be surprised given his very public idiocy. 

31 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I'd challenge you to find someone who publicly pulled as much bullshit as AB and didn't get as much guaranteed money voided as possible.

Nobody had this much guaranteed money voided before playing a down because no one was this stupid.

I don't really understand the guaranteed money thing. I always assumed no matter what they got that amount, and everything else was earned via playing time, health, etc. 

Nfl contracts are not 1 page long. They have lots of provisions and legalese wording. Guarantees are guaranteed if you abide by the contract. When players retire you hear about if the team will get prorated bonus back.

When 4nette was suspended jags were thinking about voiding his guarantees.

Brown seems to be in serious breach of contract imo