Chicken Express makes the best tenders

GreenspointTexas

I am a fan.  But the boy is gunshy.  We went to a friend's ranch for a work weekend before deer season.  Picked up orders of tenders for dinner to eat on the road.  The next morning, the boy and I are painting a deer blind, and he says "gimme the keys, we gotta run back to the house." He drove -- FAST -- back to the house.  And was inside for 20 minutes.  I ask what happened, he says "man....those tenders gave me Krakatoa down belowa."

So, he has requested DQ on our next trip.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

It must be football season since greenspoint is back with his bad takes.

header-logo-new.png

Nah give me Chicken E for tenders.

My top tender meal would be

Chicken E tenders

Bush's Fries

Chicken E biscuit

I consider Bush's, Chicken E, Raising Cane's, and Golden Chick to be the tender chicken places. A completely different thing than other chicken establishments.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am a fan.  But the boy is gunshy.  We went to a friend's ranch for a work weekend before deer season.  Picked up orders of tenders for dinner to eat on the road.  The next morning, the boy and I are painting a deer blind, and he says "gimme the keys, we gotta run back to the house." He drove -- FAST -- back to the house.  And was inside for 20 minutes.  I ask what happened, he says "man....those tenders gave me Krakatoa down belowa."

Sorry for the haha rep but the Krakatoa comment made blow Crown Royal everywhere.. been there done that, but it's funny if it happens to someone else..

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Golden Chik and Chicken Express are the same restaurant. Same menu, same prices, same food... just different sign out front

I don’t believe this is true, any evidence? We had them across the street from each other recently, slightly different options. 

1 minute ago, spystud13 said:

I don’t believe this is true, any evidence? We had them across the street from each other recently, slightly different options. 

Chicken express has fried gizzards.  Golden Chik does not.  That is a pretty important gotdamn difference.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am a fan.  But the boy is gunshy... I ask what happened, he says "man....those tenders gave me Krakatoa down belowa."

Explain to him that it wasn't necessarily the food, it could have just been somebody with fresh fecal matter on their hands who rubbed it all over the restaurant. That should make him want to try it again.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Popeyes chicken tenders aren't bad but their prices are crazy. A 3 piece combo is like $9 now. Might as well just order take out from a real restaurant for that price. 

I can't ever get a chance to try them. I'm going to get the spicy dark meat if I'm at Popeyes.

They are good, both CE and GC.  They both do a bang up job with juicy white meat and consistently crisp crust.  Tasty.

One problem, though.  They achieve "spicy," if that's your thing, by dusting with cayenne or a pepper powder.

Marinated spicy with cayenne in the batter, ala Popeye's, is so much better.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Feel like this is the 5th time I've read about your kid almost shitting himself. Maybe he's got the crohns.

The thing about chicken tenders is, not only is it child's food, but you can make them at home with incredible ease. And the homemade ones taste better than any of these fuckin places as long as you remember to double dredge and keep your oil hot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Chicken express has fried gizzards.  Golden Chik does not.  That is a pretty important gotdamn difference.

Damn straight. They might have the best tenders but I wouldn’t know because I’m getting the gizzards. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TornACL said:

The thing about chicken tenders is, not only is it child's food, but you can make them at home with incredible ease. And the homemade ones taste better than any of these fuckin places as long as you remember to double dredge and keep your oil hot.

we make tenders at home all the time. flour/dredge/flour then into the fryer for a few minutes per side. Kids eat them with ketchup because they're kids. I like to toss them in Franks wing sauce and either dip them in blue cheese or make a buffalo chicken wrap. good quick easy dinner.