Chicken Express makes the best tenders

Popeye's is way overpriced for what you get. A little cayenne in the batter is not worth the extra cost. 

Canes sauce is the most overrated part. Gravy or legit hot sauce. Jalapenos are also required.

Chicken E consistently gives a bigger measure of tenders than what you bought. 

I'll take Rudy's if I happen to be near the Dallas VA or Henderson if I am over in the DeSoto area. Extra jalapenos please. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RPM said:

Chicken Express always kicks ass. Helps that they're in almost every small town and the food is consistent from store to store.

This, there is almost always a chicken E stop when I take a road trip outside of the metroplex. I've noticed they've closed a few stores in the suburbs over the past year or so (IE Richardson, Frisco, Wylie), I think this place is made more for small towns.

• Like 1

Dark horse for fantastic tenders -- Rice Epicurean.  Seriously, these are a mainstay at any Houston-area memorial service involving a jewish person (either as the deceased or a mourner).  The tray of tenders will show up, and they are delicious -- fresh made, none of that frozen crap.

Dark horse for fantastic tenders -- Rice Epicurean.  Seriously, these are a mainstay at any Houston-area memorial service involving a jewish person (either as the deceased or a mourner).  The tray of tenders will show up, and they are delicious -- fresh made, none of that frozen crap.
That store does huge catering business
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Skipper said:

Give me Bubba's in Dallas for the best.

Hadn't been there in awhile but my son suggested running through last week for dinner. I remember why it's fallen out of my rotation. It's damn good on the front end but it's so freakin' greasy, you feel terrible later. The sides generally suck but the rolls are killer. It ain't cheap either.

• Like 1

Chicken express, at least by my house, also has catfish (solid for fast food) which means they have to have hush puppies. So we can grab a couple meals and toss in a box of hush puppies which is awesome. Their bone in chicken is ok but I wouldn’t go there for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bull Horn said:

The Cajun tenders at Krispy Krunchy Chicken are quite tasty. Plus you can get a Lotto ticket and 44 oz. fountain drink while you’re there at the gas station.

Krispy Krunchy is legit.  And yeah, you can get a side of their jambalaya, and another side of jalapeno cheetos, and another side of a slim jim, and....well, shit, y'all get where I'm going with this.

• Like 1

I get a gizzard 18 pack at least twice a week at our Chicken E in Granbury, all so our new Cane's is two buildings over from the Chic-Fil-A. We also have a Babe's Chicken House downtown, you might say we are the "Mecca" of fried chicken.

CHIEF

On 8/7/2019 at 1:19 PM, Underdog said:

spacer.png

Crossing the pontchartrain bridge 3 times a day for a week during Mardi Gras makes you wonder what of Louisiana is fast, unless it's getting drunk, cause that's very fast.

The only fast food chicken places here in Portland is Popeyes and KFC, but there is a sports bar called Tom's that's got some damn good tenders. Otherwise just make it at home.

42 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

No one's mentioned CE's livers. Love em with La hot sauce, their gravy and biscuits. Order a dozen and they always throw three or four extra in the box. And as mentioned, the iced tea ain't bad.

What I like about Bush's is that you order a dozen livers, get 2 dozen on your plate. 

On 8/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, cactusflinthead said:

Popeye's is way overpriced for what you get. A little cayenne in the batter is not worth the extra cost. 

I've been down on Popeye's lately, but a grabbed a ten piece box they had on special, and not only was it pretty good, the ten pieces included six breasts, two thighs, and two wings.

3 hours ago, Deej said:

I've been down on Popeye's lately, but a grabbed a ten piece box they had on special, and not only was it pretty good, the ten pieces included six breasts, two thighs, and two wings.

On Tuesday at the one near my office you can get 2 thighs and 2 legs for $4 and add a side, out the door for less than $6 total.  Not a bad deal.  

• Like 1

On the way back from the coast, the boy wanted to stop at Popeye's for lunch.  He got the 5 tenders meal -- pretty damned pricey at over $9.00.  I think he got 6 tenders, but they're odd sized anyway.

I got their new spicy chicken sammich.  It was good.  But not much different than a spicy chicken at Flyrite or someplace similar.  And I was driving, so I couldn't get red beans and rice as my side.  The fries remain meh.

But I still have a weakness for their spicy dark meat chicken.  I love it.  I can't help it.

• Like 1

Popeye's chicken is awesome. Do the survey on the back and get two free pieces with a purchase of a giant drink, if you are lucky enough that the regard ringing it up can figure out how to process it. Or figure out the code like I did and just write it in. Probably just writing some random numbers would work, they rarely look at that shit.