2019 Texas injury and illness

Magus Ossis

There was still 3:44 on the clock.  The punt rolls down inside the 5.  Texas goes three and out, OSU uses timeouts, and the punter shanks it from the endzone.  OSU scores quick and then kicks off with 2:45 left on the clock.  We need a first down to end the game.

Except for the fact that I saw it with my own eyes, that sounds more realistic and probable than Jones and his slide muff.

There was still 3:44 on the clock.  The punt rolls down inside the 5.  Texas goes three and out, OSU uses timeouts, and the punter shanks it from the endzone.  OSU scores quick and then kicks off with 2:45 left on the clock.  We need a first down to end the game.

Except for the fact that I saw it with my own eyes, that sounds more realistic and probable than Jones and his slide muff.

40 yd roll eh? Same Randall Cunningham shit

None of the DB injuries (other than maybe Overshown who seems to be made of glass so far) were caused by asking them to do anything near the LOS. Sterns, Green, and Thompson aren’t asked to do anything out of the ordinary for a DB in any system and BJ Foster’s injury was a hamstring pull. It’s just been bad luck so far. 

I’ve always wondered whether our turf produces higher incidences of injury than grass.

"Texas is off this week and will next play at West Virginia on Oct. 5.  Herman hopes to get Foster and Overshown as well as receiver Collin Johnson (hamstring) back to face the 3-1 Mountaineers, who are also off this week.  

A bit of good news: Fifth-year senior running back Kirk Johnson (shoulder), Collin’s older brother, has been cleared to return to practice — just more than a week after running back Daniel Young (ankle) returned to action.  Freshman running back Jordan Whittington is still out following sports hernia surgery with a possible return in mid- to late October."

Hell, I hope both Collin and Kirko are held out until the blOU game... want both suited up for their last RRR...  

30 minutes ago, Eggo said:

People calling for Collin Johnson and others to sit out until OU are just fucking asking to lose to WVU. 

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

fuckers never learn...it blows my mind.

giphy.gif

Texas should still beat WVa without Collin playing...

Edited by LTtxfan

33 minutes ago, Eggo said:

People calling for Collin Johnson and others to sit out until OU are just fucking asking to lose to WVU. 

Good call. Rushing back guys who are still hurt is a much better plan. 

If CJ, Foster, etc. are fully healthy they should play, but there’s no reason to rush them back for a game like WVU, especially the week before OU. WVU is bad. If a semi-injured CJ is the difference between winning and losing to them, then this team has much bigger problems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

You’re wrong and you should be ashamed. Texas should be able to line up and run on WVu. The eers aren’t good.

You know that and I know that, but I'm not willing to take any win for granted after the last decade of shit. 

Not only the last decade of shit but the fact this is the first true road game this team has had and it's in Morgantown of all places.  Texas can win this game while not playing their A game but that will require the veteran leaders showing up, thats Duvernay, but also CJ if he can play he should play...same for Foster.  If you gotta keep them on a snap count that's fine, but they shouldn't be sitting on the sideline looking forward to OU

55 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Herman said Sterns would be out for a month after the OSU game

I'm interested to see what happens going into the OU week. That would give Sterns 3 weeks off heading into the OU game assuming he doesn't do much in the practices next week.  I think this "injury" was more of lets rest a guy that's been banged up and try to get him right. 

I'm not going to be shocked if Sterns plays against OU. 

Edited by texasstrong12

31 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm interested to see what happens going into the OU week. That would give Sterns 3 weeks off heading into the OU game assuming he doesn't do much in the practices next week.  I think this "injury" was more of lets rest a guy that's been banged up and try to get him right. 

Agree.  Sterns missed Sugar Bowl, and was out for part (or all) of B12 Championship Game if I remember correctly.

Has to be killing "The Wolf" to miss so much time in Big Games...

If Sterns isn’t close to 100% Orlando needs his ass whipped for trotting him out there.