2019 Texas injury and illness

Magus Ossis

3 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

I wonder if Sterns is still considering a redshirt?  It was a rumor at some point.   I hope he makes it back for the home stretch.  I believe he is the tone setter in that secondary with the way he plays in the open field.

Thinking the same thing. Wonder if his mind has changed watching his friends struggle and get injured 

3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

If I remember my high school health class, as soon as a break is fully healed it should be fine.  As long as he's drinking his milk.

...and if I remember my high school health class, Rhonda the redhead doesn't wear a bra, and sits right next to the a/c vent.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Xian said:

Any update?  Is sterns actually going to redshirt? If so, that’s a good sign the players are giving up on the season 

One of the things nahlin mentioned on ITs q&a today thaf I found interesting was that mensa sends hints to his team during press conferences. By him saying Sterns is getting closer to returning is a way for him to let sterns know he needs to play.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Do we redshirt Whittington since the seasons more than fucked with this staff and team mindset? Or keep him out of KState and let him play the final 2 games 

if he is ready for 10+ carries and you think he can really help you more than Roschon or Keontay you play him for KSU and Baylor and see where it goes.

One of the things nahlin mentioned on ITs q&a today thaf I found interesting was that mensa sends hints to his team during press conferences. By him saying Sterns is getting closer to returning is a way for him to let sterns know he needs to play.

What in the actual fuck is this shit?

Unless CDC installed an enigma machine in the locker room, our players seriously have to guess about where they might fit in the weekly game plan???

Par for the course, Mensa, you pompous fuckknuckle.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I think he meant Herman was trying to passively aggressively tell Sterns not to redshirt this season.    

Or making sure it is out in the open and fully known he is healthy enough to play. any redshirt only would be for his own self interest. 

basically precalling him out taking the “redshirt to get healthy” card out of Sterns hand. 

now seeing how this is all from a 9.95er I’m Not sure how accurate all this is, but assuming it true. It isn’t really what I would call good news. 

2 hours ago, Player said:

Unless CDC installed an enigma machine in the locker room, our players seriously have to guess about where they might fit in the weekly game plan???

Eric fucking Nahlin has absolutely zero insight as to whether Tom Herman is or isn’t sending a cryptic message to Caden Sterns at a press conference. Why you fucks let yourself get worked up over these 9.95 stories when there is a never ending supply of actual shit on the field to be pissed about is beyond me.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Player said:

You sound like an old who believes the political shit he reads on Facebook. To be honest you really should just be disconnected from the internet. If you think there's any reason to believe this is true you're a moron.

• Like 1

You sound like an old who believes the political shit he reads on Facebook. To be honest you really should just be disconnected from the internet. If you think there's any reason to believe this is true you're a moron.

Tom Herman implicated in pizzagate confirmed

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Eric Nahlin: Injury notes

By: Joe Cook and Eric Nahlin

Texas head coach Tom Herman was asked Monday what his team was capable of doing in the final month of the season. In typical fashion, Herman responded with a blunt “going 1-0 against Kansas State.” His myopic goal for his team could become more attainable with the return of several players who have missed games due to injury. Herman provided injury updates on several players Monday including:

Senior LB Jeffrey McCulloch - “We’re going to try like heck to get him back into practice. He has not practiced. Was on a really good trajectory with the strength in that shoulder, but it didn’t keep progressing. We think there’s a chance to get him into practice by Tuesday or Wednesday.” [Insider note: As we mentioned last week, his rehab has hit a snag. We don't think he'll play but we'll see how practice goes. Dele hasn't exactly set the world on fire]

Sophomore DB BJ Foster – “Would certainly be probable.” [Very likely to play]

Sophomore DB DeMarvion Overshown – “About like Jeff, but he is cleared to practice. Still a little bit week in that shoulder, but we’re hoping that these next 24 to 48 hours, it speeds up.” [Very much like McCulloch, we don't think he'll play at this point. We'll know more on Friday]

Sophomore DB Caden Sterns – “I would list as probable. He practiced on Sunday. He practiced I think Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.” [Herman said the same for Whittington. We feel confident Whittington will be good to go. On Sterns, my sources concede he's more likely to play than not but Sterns has been pretty adamant about red-shirting. Perhaps he had a change of heart because of the position the team is in. If Sterns is practicing so much of late they I'd think they have it agreed upon he'll play]

McCulloch missed the last two games due to a shoulder injury, while similar ailments kept Foster and Overshown out against TCU. The senior linebacker’s absence forced Juwan Mitchell and Ayodele Adeoye on the field and into more snaps. Mitchell provided quality play, but both he and Adeoye show signs of not having half the experience of McCulloch.

Sterns hasn’t played since the win against Oklahoma State in September due to a knee ligament sprain. The absences of Sterns, Overshown, and Foster, in addition to injuries to Josh Thompson and Chris Brown, led to several different starting lineups in the defensive backfield. That included one that saw Montrell Estell make his second career start and Tyler Owens make his first.

Getting starters back in the secondary could have a ripple effect on other positions. Joseph Ossai, who played a hybrid outside linebacker/safety role amidst the string of injuries in the defensive backfield, could return to a role more typical of the B-backer in Texas’ defense thanks to the return of Foster (and possibly McCulloch).

The return of both Foster and Sterns could allow Brandon Jones to play away from the line of scrimmage rather than nickel, where he was placed out of necessity. Herman said Sterns, a first team All-Big 12 player during his freshman season, brings needed experience to a position group robbed of it by injuries.

“Like you guys saw most of last season, he’s got a knack for the football,” Herman said. “He doesn’t mind throwing his body around at all. Extremely smart football player. Usually when you say a defender’s got a knack for the ball, he is pretty smart. Very well prepared. He’s going to study every tendency of receiver splits, backfield sets, and be able to translate those studies into gaining a half-step or a step on certain plays.”

Of course, more issues than just injuries exist for a defense that allows over 31 points per game, especially as Kansas State and its senior quarterback Skylar Thompson enter on a three-game winning streak. Also, the determination as to whether any of that group will play likely won’t be announced until Thursday, when Herman has his customary post-practice update. Even then, some players may be listed as game-time decisions.

However, if Texas can replace two players that have three combined starts in Estell and Owens with Sterns and Foster, and allow for both Jones and Ossai to move back to their normal spots, it should improve Texas’ chances of defeating KSU.

• Like 1

BwuVl2yJ_normal.jpgJoe Cook@josephcook89

.@CoachTomHerman announces Junior Angilau will be out this week with an MCL injury.
Collin Johnson tweaked his hamstring in the last drive. “In a different spot, not as bad.”
Chris Brown’s arm injury healed faster than anticipated. He was cleared to play with a cast on Friday

Jeffrey McCulloch “is progressing better these last couple of days than the first few days of the week last week.”
DeMarvion Overshown is cleared but “dealing with pain issues.”
Jordan Whittington is cleared. Still dealing with some soreness.

Collin is doubtful...

Texas HC Tom Herman said S DeMarvion Overshown and LB Jeffrey McCulloch practiced all week and are expected to play at Iowa State. RB Jordan Whittington is considered day-to-day, still working to get fully back. #HookEm
6:32 PM · Nov 14, 2019·
Edited by LTtxfan

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Collin is doubtful...

Texas HC Tom Herman said S DeMarvion Overshown and LB Jeffrey McCulloch practiced all week and are expected to play at Iowa State. RB Jordan Whittington is considered day-to-day, still working to get fully back. #HookEm
6:32 PM · Nov 14, 2019·

We have to be redshirting Whittington at this point if possible, right?

24 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Which is why I posed the question, three regular season games, waaaay outside possibility of the CCG, and a bowl game. I hope he continues to sit this weekend.

I would play him the next 2 games for sure if he is healthy and ready.

These are the two biggest games now. He could sit against Tech.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

We have to be redshirting Whittington at this point if possible, right?

3 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Which is why I posed the question, three regular season games, waaaay outside possibility of the CCG, and a bowl game. I hope he continues to sit this weekend.

What would the point of that be? We need to get everything we can out of him right now. 

He's got NFL-level athleticism. The only scenario where he stays 5 years is Kirk Johnson-level of injuries.  If he produces in any of his first four years, he's gone, so use him as much as possible while he's here.

Am I alone in wondering where the hell these expectations/hopes for Whittington come from for what he‘ll immediately add? Not saying he’s trash but he’s had zero live action carries in college and his HS competition level wasn’t exactly NFC West. He might be an immediate lightning bolt but let’s tap the breaks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

Am I alone in wondering where the hell these expectations/hopes for Whittington come from for what he‘ll immediately add? Not saying he’s trash but he’s had zero live action carries in college and his HS competition level wasn’t exactly NFC West. He might be an immediate lightning bolt but let’s tap the breaks.

He played against La Tech.... Also unbelievable State Championship Game.

14 minutes ago, bluto said:

Bolded is not true. He looked pretty damned good in game 1 before he went down.

• Like 1