Westworld Season 3 - Robots Gone Wild

Mileslong

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Was season 2 worth the watch?  I think I watched half of the first episode and checked out.

Not at all. The show is all about how corrupt, violent, and terrible all humans are, and the viewer is meant to root for robots... who are equally as corrupt, violent, and terrible. Oh yeah and there’s an entirely pointless overly complex timeline aspect to the whole story. Show fell all the way apart towards the end of season 1. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I know season 2 was kind of a mess, but this looks badass to me.

Dolores and Pinkman vs. Maeve in dystopian futureworld?  IN34

I'm of the opinion that Bladerunner 2049 beat them to the punch with much of the planned theme for season 2, so they had to scramble to come up with something else. 

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, there’s a French resistance west world. So let me know if I got the rest of this right:

So there is a bigger AI out there ran by a company named Incite, which is run by some mystery guy named after the Vulcan philosopher Surak.

There is also 2 robot factions now, one with 5-6 robots led by Delores which includes teddy/Charlotte, who wants something to do with the AI? Presumably take over it since it controls practically everything.

The other one includes Bernard and Maeve which has some other agenda, which we don’t know yet. Also Delores brought back Bernard knowing he was out to oppose her for some weird reason.

Nice, there’s a French resistance west world. So let me know if I got the rest of this right:

So there is a bigger AI out there ran by a company named Incite, which is run by some mystery guy named after the Vulcan philosopher Surak.
There is also 2 robot factions now, one with 5-6 robots led by Delores which includes teddy/Charlotte, who wants something to do with the AI? Presumably take over it since it controls practically everything.
The other one includes Bernard and Maeve which has some other agenda, which we don’t know yet. Also Delores brought back Bernard knowing he was out to oppose her for some weird reason.

That’s a lot more than I could have told you. I checked out on season 2 toward the end and am very confused.

Season two was terrible after writers got upset that Reddit figured out season one in 10 minutes. So they wrote something that made no sense to anyone for the second season. First show of season three was predictable but entertaining. Hopefully season three is good.

I enjoyed it.

Feels like a completely new show but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

And let’s see how good Aaron Paul really is because all I could think tonight was “So that’s what happened to Jesse Pinkman after ‘El Camino’.”

And I don’t think we’re dealing with multiple timelines for once and I’m very happy about that.

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I enjoyed it.

And let’s see how good Aaron Paul really is because all I could think tonight was “So that’s what happened to Jesse Pinkman after ‘El Camino’.”

And I don’t think we’re dealing with multiple timelines for once and I’m very happy about that.

Agree with all of the above. We'll see if Paul is more than a 1 dimensional actor (I have my doubts). I like the bifurcated robot storyline. The humans are pawns in this now. 

I enjoyed it.

Agreed with everything. I swore the show off during season 2 but this feels like a new show with familiar characters and scenes so I’m back on board for now.

Everyone on here gave such a bad review of season 2 that I quit watching after first episode. I don't want my brain to have to struggle to understand a series and force me to watch each episode 2 or 3 times. But last nights episode was good. Still had to read a recap this morning but I’m liking how it started. And Aaron Paul is a good addition. The look of the future was great too.