Westworld Season 3 - Robots Gone Wild

Mileslong

The way I read the two factions of robots is that it is something Ford set up in their core programming. They will fight it out, with mass destruction among the humans, to try and teach humanity the folly of creating AI. It will not work, as some fucker will still want to make money off of it. Just a guess.

if you're into gandorf-life trivia, the hotel where our guests stayed/where we held the rehearsal dinner (the indigo downtown) was where dolores first followed and spied on her little boyfriend.  then about 15 minutes later, there was the big shootout scene in the park in front of where we held our actual ceremony/reception (the macarthur).  more trivia, the macarthur was also where gangster squad ended, and was heavily featured in tango and cash, reservoir dogs, the prestige, and a maroon 5 video...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Plaza_Hotel_(Los_Angeles)

otherwise, yeah, i'll keep watching i guess, but kinda getting tired of playing "do i think that person/voice is a robot or not?"  hint - it's always a robot.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 7:41 PM, henrygandorf said:

if you're into gandorf-life trivia, the hotel where our guests stayed/where we held the rehearsal dinner (the indigo downtown) was where dolores first followed and spied on her little boyfriend.  then about 15 minutes later, there was the big shootout scene in the park in front of where we held our actual ceremony/reception (the macarthur).  more trivia, the macarthur was also where gangster squad ended, and was heavily featured in tango and cash, reservoir dogs, the prestige, and a maroon 5 video...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Plaza_Hotel_(Los_Angeles)

otherwise, yeah, i'll keep watching i guess, but kinda getting tired of playing "do i think that person/voice is a robot or not?"  hint - it's always a robot.

Wait, you based your wedding locale on an Adam Levine video?  

Serious question, as I finally watched the premiere late this week...Incite company basically just does software/AI programming?  But it's the core "O/S" for the Delos hosts?  I always thought that was what Bernard and Ford did back in the day (those 30-year flashbacks)?  I always thought they had the cool proprietary shit which is why people were always trying to smuggle it out of the park?  Or are they the two rival companies (one used it to build amusement parks, the other to handle traffic in the city) with two sets of hosts that will fight it out?  Is Ford behind both?  I thought the other power of Delos is their host appearance.  MiB tells of a time when they were made of thousands of tiny integrated parts inside, but they then switched to flesh and blood (like the livestock at Bernard's butcher farm).  I dunno, been so damn long since Seasons 1 &2.  

13 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

“War world” is a mouthfull. Try saying that three times fast.

Not gonna lie,   the idea of wild west world is ok with me. I mean I wouldnt hate being in a world of the wild west. But I was never  a massive, massive fan of cowboys and indians. 

However, the idea of a war world where we can live out actual historical battles was infinitely more interesting and compelling.   figuratively made my ears perk up

kinda reminded me of all the times O'Brien and Bashir played in the holodeck with battle of britain, alamo, 300 spartans, etc. 

Typical series downfall - too many characters. The first week was promising. Hot Dolores is making the rounds in sexy outfits and cool vehicles, killing rich bastards, and an understated ex-soldier (probably a SEAL etc) Caleb waiting to explode. They hook up at end of episode.

Second week. We have that plodding SOS, Bernard and the very hard to look at aging, sagging Maeve

Spoiler

going around doing absolutely nothing. Apparently some rich asshole can only find one person in the world capable of killing Dolores - Maeve, who immediately tries to kill him. What could go wrong?

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm assuming in 5-6 episodes, we'll find out aaron paul is a robot.  that he was actually killed in combat or whatever.

That would totally suck, because he's set up to be the star, if HBO has the foresight to do so. Maybe a new version of Blade Runner, wherein Deckard falls for an android, (and of course, he's one too). In any case Paul, as the flawed human, saving lives and kicking ass looks like the best story line.

56 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

This media fascination with Jeffrey Wright (Bernard Lowe ) is beyond stupid. Using him as the Rod Serling stand-in in The Twilight Zone doomed that shitty series from the start.

Uhh? Wright is solid. I can take umbrage at the attempt at the Hitchcock suspense camera work, plot devices, etc. overshadowing his performance. But not the man’s craft. Plus he looks pretty badass sporting the Ricky beard.

7 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Typical series downfall - too many characters. The first week was promising. Hot Dolores is making the rounds in sexy outfits and cool vehicles, killing rich bastards, and an understated ex-soldier (probably a SEAL etc) Caleb waiting to explode. They hook up at end of episode.

Second week. We have that plodding SOS, Bernard and the very hard to look at aging, sagging Maeve.

Are you crazy?  Thandie's Newtons are top notch.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 2

This show kind of sucks. They keep using the tired assumed human is a robot reveal. I’m sure they’ll recycle it again when they reveal The Man in Black is a bot. 

The GOT dragon making an appearance was offensively meta. 

They owe Dan Harmon some money after this episode. It’s almost a scene by scene rip off of “M. Night Shaym-Aliens”. 

For a story to be successful, the audience has to like or care about the "good guys." Well, only two of them are likable, Delores and Caleb, and they aren't getting enough time. I guess the writers think we should like Charlotte because when she isn't being a bitchy corporate asshole, she feels the need to tear her skin off. Well, fuck her. She's a fucking android. Nobody gives a shit about androids, except Delores, that is, who was a "sweet" droid for a long time. She's a murderer now, but she's murdering "bad guys," and she's got nice knockers. And soon she's going to fuck Caleb's brains out.

Episode three was largely bullshit. I guess they plan to bring some more fucking droids back into the story, like that lumbering shithead, Bernard. Can't fucking wait.

My beloved was falling asleep during episode 3. I was aghast at how so many dramatic aspects can be so thoroughly turned into a giant bore.

It's another HBO show that's fallen in love with itself. Every scene is presented like it's an immortal gym with a final line expected to send shivers down our collective spine: "I'm gong to start a revolution." No shit. It's the end of the third episode of a season that followed a slaughter in Fantasy Land highlighted by your bloodlust. 

It also looks like another season of Bernard wandering around in a daze. There's some top notch writing there. Gripping stuff.

But hey, neato futuristic buildings and robots with guns just like we saw in RoboCop thirty five years ago! It's a shame the wit of RoboCop is nowhere to be found. This is all veddy, veddy serious.

The only mildly interesting aspect of Charlotte Hale (her son is really called Nathan? Nathan? Seriously? One life to give; oh wait: irony!) is guessing who is playing her. I'm guessing it's the good guy boyfriend of Dolores in Westworld, or have they already revealed that while I was dozing?

I'll keep watching in exasperation. It's still better than going and getting Covid. Barely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

For a story to be successful, the audience has to like or care about the "good guys." Well, only two of them are likable, Delores and Caleb, and they aren't getting enough time. I guess the writers think we should like Charlotte because when she isn't being a bitchy corporate asshole, she feels the need to tear her skin off. Well, fuck her. She's a fucking android. Nobody gives a shit about androids, except Delores, that is, who was a "sweet" droid for a long time. She's a murderer now, but she's murdering "bad guys," and she's got nice knockers. And soon she's going to fuck Caleb's brains out.

Episode three was largely bullshit. I guess they plan to bring some more fucking droids back into the story, like that lumbering shithead, Bernard. Can't fucking wait.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

My beloved was falling asleep during episode 3. I was aghast at how so many dramatic aspects can be so thoroughly turned into a giant bore.

It's another HBO show that's fallen in love with itself. Every scene is presented like it's an immortal gym with a final line expected to send shivers down our collective spine: "I'm gong to start a revolution." No shit. It's the end of the third episode of a season that followed a slaughter in Fantasy Land highlighted by your bloodlust. 

It also looks like another season of Bernard wandering around in a daze. There's some top notch writing there. Gripping stuff.

But hey, neato futuristic buildings and robots with guns just like we saw in RoboCop thirty five years ago! It's a shame the wit of RoboCop is nowhere to be found. This is all veddy, veddy serious.

The only mildly interesting aspect of Charlotte Hale (her son is really called Nathan? Nathan? Seriously? One life to give; oh wait: irony!) is guessing who is playing her. I'm guessing it's the good guy boyfriend of Dolores in Westworld, or have they already revealed that while I was dozing?

I'll keep watching in exasperation. It's still better than going and getting Covid. Barely.

Quality rants. 10/10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I doubt it's Teddy. Dolores had to toughen him up by changing his program and then he ended up killing himself. She needs a soldier alongside her.

It could be human Charlotte in host Charlotte body?

Young William? Dolores and he were a great team, he's tougher and smarter than Teddy.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Yep...

source.gif

4 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I'm fast forwarding through every scene with Charlotte and her son, or videos to him.  If any critical info is revealed in those scenes, I missed it.

And yeah, I think Teddy is supposed to be Charlotte.

My first thought was, "Who the fuck is Teddy?" Then, "Who cares?" Certainly makes high priced actors who want seasonal increases or who say, "I want the fuck out of this shit show" expendable. Hire a two-bit waitress and tell the audience "This might be Ed Harris, or whoever." (Yeah, I know who Teddy is)

"I was so upset that I puked all over my shoes..." Well, goddamn. That's really icing on the cake after your mother abandons you. So glad we got to see that shit. Maybe they are setting us up for the Deckard "planted memories" card. How about... "the waitress bent over and her tit fell out... and I didn't even care..." At least get a hot waitress.

And Serac? All the money in the world and the best he can do is hire this old chick? Like GOT, they've lost their way. They've forgotten about what got them there - namely lots of hot sex. Were we to believe that Tyrion, when trapped in the crypt, on the verge of being overrun by zombies, wasn't interested in finally having his way with Sansa? That might have saved that whole season. Imagine the scene - in the shadows, they realize they're in love, while all the way across the crypt, women and children huddle in the corner.

By the way, any show like this absolutely must have a great Bad Guy. Name a hit action movie that didn't have at least one.

17 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

My first thought was, "Who the fuck is Teddy?" Then, "Who cares?" Certainly makes high priced actors who want seasonal increases or who say, "I want the fuck out of this shit show" expendable. Hire a two-bit waitress and tell the audience "This might be Ed Harris, or whoever." (Yeah, I know who Teddy is)

"I was so upset that I puked all over my shoes..." Well, goddamn. That's really icing on the cake after your mother abandons you. So glad we got to see that shit. Maybe they are setting us up for the Deckard "planted memories" card. How about... "the waitress bent over and her tit fell out... and I didn't even care..." At least get a hot waitress.

And Serac? All the money in the world and the best he can do is hire this old chick? Like GOT, they've lost their way. They've forgotten about what got them there - namely lots of hot sex. Were we to believe that Tyrion, when trapped in the crypt, on the verge of being overrun by zombies, wasn't interested in finally having his way with Sansa? That might have saved that whole season. Imagine the scene - in the shadows, they realize they're in love, while all the way across the crypt, women and children huddle in the corner.

By the way, any show like this absolutely must have a great Bad Guy. Name a hit action movie that didn't have at least one.

source.gif

• Like 1

This season’s first 2 episodes were good. This weeks was OK. Still, liking it so far. I liked the driverless cars that Charlotte was riding in. Those are real now. Saw one similar in Europe this last summer. It’s the future!

Hanging in there with this show.