Westworld Season 3 - Robots Gone Wild

Mileslong

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I pretty much gave up on season two with about four episodes left. Is this season good enough to go back and watch them, or should i just say fuck it?

(I'm leaning toward "fuck it").

I will be checking this thread to see if Dolores ever shows her tits.

I think Brandywine, with all respect, is a little rosy about the first episodes of the new season. It is not better than season 2 so far. That's my humble and subjective opinion. I hate myself for still hoping it will improve. 

• Like 1

Dolores and Caleb are the only interesting characters and need to be involved in every episode. If they break away from that and devote entire episodes to Bernard, Maeve, or Man in Black, it will get boring pretty quickly. The story isn't strong enough to skip what Dolores is doing for an entire week.

I'm thinking Charlotte is actually Teddy, just based on the dialogue and body language. I guess she could also be Dolores' father, not sure who else. Not sure it even matters which means the eventual reveal will be anticlimactic which kinda shows where their storytelling has gone. The audience just gets weary with swapping one android CPU into another android body and still having it be entertaining.

My favorite part of the show has become the futuristic architecture and cars. Is the architecture mostly CGI or is this filmed in actual locations?

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 10:20 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Charlotte is Wyatt. 

There was no Wyatt - “Wyatt” was Delores. I think it’s Abernathy. 

Season 2 was fucking terrible, but I’m really enjoying this one so far. A lot of that is the visuals, but I think it’s been well done overall. It’ll probably devolve into shit, but I’m going to give it a shot while it’s entertaining me. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

There was no Wyatt - “Wyatt” was Delores. I think it’s Abernathy. 

Season 2 was fucking terrible, but I’m really enjoying this one so far. A lot of that is the visuals, but I think it’s been well done overall. It’ll probably devolve into shit, but I’m going to give it a shot while it’s entertaining me. 

That’s my point. It’s both of the Deloris-es personalities. It’s why she can trust it. Knows it the best. Etc. She split her personalities.

Wyatt is actually current Deloris. Sweet victim Deloris is Charlotte. Like Bernard and “red button” Bernard. 

If not, Abernathy 

And yes. As a lover of season 1, 2 was unwatchable. (See Mr Robot)

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

Does anyone understand this show?  I’m so lost with the story...

Watched season 1 and thought it was solid.  Jumped ship 3 episodes into season 2.  Saw season 3 on so decided to just watch it in the background.  Looks interesting again but I have no fucking clue what’s going on.  At this point, I’m really just watching it for the cgi, futuristic shit, and titties.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Yeah and it's pretty obvious the Serac guy is just a digital manifestation of that computer program, Reho...ban or whatever.  It's yet another character who's not actually real, which is a REALLLY tiresome game.

We are all digital manifestations of a computer program created by Amazon and distributed by Apple. 

Yeah, I thought Clementine might be in Charlotte but I can't remember how much the two interacted. Wasn't Clementine turned into a Delos controlled double agent when everyone was trying to find the Source. Teddy seems to make more sense given his only directive was to be with Dolores and he was pretty fragile at times. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, I thought Clementine might be in Charlotte but I can't remember how much the two interacted. Wasn't Clementine turned into a Delos controlled double agent when everyone was trying to find the Source. Teddy seems to make more sense given his only directive was to be with Dolores and he was pretty fragile at times. 

Except Teddy went through the portal so isn't he gone?

Welp we were all wrong about who is inside Charlotte and the rest of Delores’s Gang lol.

Excellent twist that actually makes sense in the story and isn’t a twist just for twists sake.

This episode took the season up a notch and I feel like we’re done with the table setting for this season’s story.

I’m actually excited to see where this goes.

And I’m thrilled to have Chibs from “Sons of Anarchy” back on my television. Love him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

I don’t like the twist. I was sort of sympathetic to, and interested in, Dolores and some of the other hosts because they developed, or were given, the human quality of individuality. Not so much now except for their looks.

She only trusts herself. What a narcissist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Enjoyed the twist. Finally hit me tonight where I've seen Connells before. He was the guy in Braveheart whose wife was taken by the English lord which he later killed with a mace. 

That and as mentioned above, he played Chibs on SoA.

That and as mentioned above, he played Chibs on SoA.

Had a cameo in Peaky Blinders too.

Good episode that started a bit slow. I’m down with the twist. Who has the fifth pearl?

I like the music, it has a very Blade Runner 2049 vibe. Sounds good with headphones.

I'm going to eventually need to rewatch the movie or re-read the book to get this bad taste out of my mouth. The first season of this show was good.  I'm not  sure why I'm still watching whatever this has become.

Edited by Tom

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

5th pearl - Bernard? He keeps clicking that button to switch to a different self.

Bernard is also Dolores. Everyone alive is Dolores.  We are Dolores too

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Bernard is also Dolores. Everyone alive is Dolores.  We are Dolores too

Then wait, who's Mulva?  

But serious question---is Stubbs still Stubbs?  Or is he an extension/copy of Bernard? 

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

In a way, all of us have a Dolores to face. For some, shyness might be their Dolores. For others, a lack of education might be their Dolores. For us, Dolores is a(several) big, dangerous robot(s) who wants to kill us.

And for the rest of us, the real friends were the Doloreses we met along the way. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 9:10 AM, Goofyboy said:

5th pearl - Bernard? He keeps clicking that button to switch to a different self.

Sato - Dolores

Charlotte- Dolores

Dolores- Dolores

Stubbs- Dolores

Bernard- Dolores

Why did she need herself as a foil -- didn't she spare Bernard and say we are enemies but I need you to keep me in check or something like that? But it's herself.

I think Bernard is the only host who isn’t Delores. His pearl was the only red one.

I think she let him out into the world to be her limiter, as it were.

She assumes he won’t be able to gather enough resources to be an actual threat but he could be useful enough to her as angel on her shoulder if she goes too far.

Independent oversight without actual enforcement powers as it were.

But I think she’s underestimating Bernard’s craftiness and that’s what will be the focus of the rest of the season - Bernard (probably joined but Maeve) actually putting up a real fight to stop her.