Westworld Season 3 - Robots Gone Wild

Mileslong

On 4/22/2020 at 2:17 PM, RPM said:

'Westworld' Renewed for Season 4 at HBO

Showrunners Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan will remain at the helm as sources note the sci-fi drama will run for six seasons.

The premium cable network has renewed the sci-fi drama from Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan for a fourth season. A return date for the series has not been determined after the VFX-heavy series starring Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton and Jeffrey Wright was off the air for nearly two years between seasons two and three. An episode count has also not yet been determined. (Seasons one and two ran 10 episodes each, while three consists of eight.)

Why is HBO so deliberate in making this s*** their flagship show?!

PULL THE FUCKING TAPE OFF HIS MOUTH ALREADY! Fuck

It's episode 8 and they're bringing in a new character? Fuck. The fat billionaire with the shitty sport jacket.

She kept asking me how I got here. It totally reprogrammed me. Oh, God, the horror. Arrrggg.

Funny how easy it was to get into this building containing the most powerful computer in the world. Good thing they keep and and EMP device across the room

Cat fight!

You've always been a jerkoff "follower", but I think you should lead mankind now. Thanks Delores, you stupid fucking bitch

Hot new hair style, btw. Your tit slipped out in stop action.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Checking back in as a dude that loved season one and checked out on season two, this season worth my time?

Probably not at this point, barring some thought-provoking finale.  It's robots versus a supercomputer and it's really hard to care about the outcome.  There was a couple of interesting revelations peppered throughout the season.  While the future world is visually stimulating and Dolores is constantly sporting the sexy wet leather look, 75% of it is unwatchable with a wretched script.  The "Dead" french guy seems to be even more powerful than the "Hologram" french guy, if only because he might marry the fixed personalities of the outliers to new bodies from Delos.  I dunno.  They didn't try to stick as much shit to the walls as they did in season two when they wanted to get all esoteric on us, but they don't know what the fuck they're doing anymore and now that I've read we have three more seasons of this shit after this, it's clear they're just gonna meander through the woods for a long while.  

Probably not at this point, barring some thought-provoking finale.  It's robots versus a supercomputer and it's really hard to care about the outcome.  There was a couple of interesting revelations peppered throughout the season.  While the future world is visually stimulating and Dolores is constantly sporting the sexy wet leather look, 75% of it is unwatchable with a wretched script.  The "Dead" french guy seems to be even more powerful than the "Hologram" french guy, if only because he might marry the fixed personalities of the outliers to new bodies from Delos.  I dunno.  They didn't try to stick as much shit to the walls as they did in season two when they wanted to get all esoteric on us, but they don't know what the fuck they're doing anymore and now that I've read we have three more seasons of this shit after this, it's clear they're just gonna meander through the woods for a long while.  

Does anyone take a shit?

Like I said a month ago. Just go watch Fight Club. Worthless everything. Wow. What a riot they had. Must have been two hundred people there. One car window was broken. I saw someone run into a cop shield. There was smoke and everything. HBO must have dropped five grand on that scene. Just wow. Gotta believe Evan Rachel Wood is moving on to better, higher paying things. Thandie Newton, not so much. Hopefully this was the series finale and not the season finale. The writers need to stop doing LSD.

11 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Like I said a month ago. Just go watch Fight Club. Worthless everything. Wow. What a riot they had. Must have been two hundred people there. One car window was broken. I saw someone run into a cop shield. There was smoke and everything. HBO must have dropped five grand on that scene. Just wow. Gotta believe Evan Rachel Wood is moving on to better, higher paying things. Thandie Newton, not so much. Hopefully this was the series finale and not the season finale. The writers need to stop doing LSD.

It’s been renewed for s4

Guest Lobo

Fucking horrible.  Only saving grace is Bernard was activated after what seems like several years, perhaps decades.  Who activated him, for what purpose, and why so much dust in a room with no humans?   Otherwise, horrible finale to a mediocre season.  

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Only saving grace is Bernard was activated after what seems like several years, perhaps decades.  Who activated him, for what purpose, and why so much dust in a room with no humans? 

The turn down service sucked.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Does the series have any consequences if Delores can just keep bringing herself back? 

i'm just as annoyed that ed harris and serac keep coming back.  it doesn't seem like there's ever any closure nor does the story move along as it could.

17 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

i'm just as annoyed that ed harris and serac keep coming back.  it doesn't seem like there's ever any closure nor does the story move along as it could.

We’ll see if Ed Harris comes back. He seems pretty annoyed with his character and the direction of the show. He’s accomplished enough to just walk away. 

Does the series have any consequences if Delores can just keep bringing herself back? 

No and it’s the biggest problem I have with the show at this point.

Is Dolores dead? Only until they want her back in the story and they explain that her copy pearl inside Stubbs or someone else can be tweaked and inserted back into a Dolores body. Which of course they have to do because Dolores carries the show, unless Evan Rachel Wood turned them down.

Same with every other character. There’s zero finality in death except possibly for the humans, which there are few of those and for all we know they were all robots to start with.

I’m assuming William just died but I honestly don’t care because I thought he was a robot already.

8 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Is Dolores dead? Only until they want her back in the story and they explain that her copy pearl inside Stubbs or someone else can be tweaked and inserted back into a Dolores body. Which of course they have to do because Dolores carries the show, unless Evan Rachel Wood turned them down.

Delores is the big AT&T brain now. If there's a printer working anywhere she can build a copy host. You know she's going after Charlotte.

21 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i've watched 5/8.

should i finish it?

the fact that i'm asking should tell you where i am with this thing mentally.

I "watched" the last four episodes by reading a few recaps/reviews Monday morning.  Don't think I missed anything, most of the reviewers were pretty bored.

• 2 weeks later...