ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

They won't pass up a chance for Austin with a huge opponent, which never happens as we know. They won't pass up Syracuse given the many ESPN connections up there (the AD came from ESPN programming a few years back). Then they get Notre Dame at Georgia on 9/21.

But UCF will be aggrieved that they bypass their big Stanford game on the 14th

On 8/28/2019 at 7:10 PM, Bartles said:

They won't pass up a chance for Austin with a huge opponent, which never happens as we know. They won't pass up Syracuse given the many ESPN connections up there (the AD came from ESPN programming a few years back). Then they get Notre Dame at Georgia on 9/21.

But UCF will be aggrieved that they bypass their big Stanford game on the 14th

They shouldn't be, they've already won one national title this year...  there will be others

5 minutes ago, SDG said:

Fuck all the gameday haters.  It always gets me pumped for the day.  If you don’t like it sleep in or watch a different channel.  Plus when they are in Austin next week many of us will be on set.  

Same here. My son and I cranked up the opening song this morning to celebrate the season beginning. It's a fun part of the joy of college football for us.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I know this has been said and nauseam here, I hate to see how bad Lee Corso has gotten. I'm impressed he is still powering through, but man I hope for his sake he seriously thinks about hanging it up soon. There's been a couple times I was concerned he might lose it on live TV.

I thought he looked and sounded better than last year.

I have no problem with him still being on the show.

It's been so damn long, I honestly can't remember where they used to setup.  They could basically take over the LHN stoop there inside the stadium proper.  or maybe over there by the LBJ fountain but I think that's gonna be too congested with Longhorn City Limits stage load-in.  I dunno. 

I think the last one I remember was 2009, and they used the South Mall which was cool.  

Where do y'all think?  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's been so damn long, I honestly can't remember where they used to setup.  They could basically take over the LHN stoop there inside the stadium proper.  or maybe over there by the LBJ fountain but I think that's gonna be too congested with Longhorn City Limits stage load-in.  I dunno. 

I think the last one I remember was 2009, and they used the South Mall which was cool.  

Where do y'all think?  

South Mall

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Where do y'all think?  

They'll hopefully take the Mall spot. Its the vista that makes outofstaters go "oh I had no idea Texas could be beautiful."

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

They also setup on the SW side of the stadium near the rec once too.

I could see them going near Bass Hall where they setup the Heisman house for big games since it has the tower, stadium and Bevo blvd nearby.

They, if they have the option, want a "classic" view behind them. But they also need a ton of space. 

Yeah, I think with the construction zone and just logistics, would make anything near/in SEZ/SW corner, etc. ....that's out. 

That Heisman House area would provide a curious dilemma for del Conte know because that would completely cut through Bevo Boulevard, which would have to shrink down and they'd lose a lot of revenue.  

Yeah I'm guessing East Mall or South Mall.  Just curious, fun to think about since it's been literally an entire decade.  Look forward to taking my 4-year old to see the brew-ha-ha on Friday evening.  

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That Heisman House area would provide a curious dilemma for del Conte know because that would completely cut through Bevo Boulevard, which would have to shrink down and they'd lose a lot of revenue. 

I’d be happy with the South Mall, but Gameday is from 8 to 11am, Bevo Blvd’s first “event” is 4 hours before kickoff which will be 3pm.  I doubt they’d lose any revenue, since they could reconfigure the setup in that 4 hour window.  If anything, I’d bet it would probably funnel more people to the food trucks, games, alumni center, etc.

I guess that could work, but  the Gameday set stays in place all day and all night until the wrap-up shows into midnight and into Sunday AM.  That's a huge disruption to Bevo Boulevard and a stadium whose logistical egress has been throw into a clusterfuck with all the SEZ stuff going on.  They don't just strike the whole set at 11:01am on Saturday morning.  

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I guess that could work, but  the Gameday set stays in place all day and all night until the wrap-up shows into midnight and into Sunday AM.   

They stopped doing this a few years ago. Most campuses need that space before a night game. Stage breakdown begins immediately after the show, takes a few hours to clear everything but the area can be opened pretty quickly

3 hours ago, Bartles said:

They stopped doing this a few years ago. Most campuses need that space before a night game. Stage breakdown begins immediately after the show, takes a few hours to clear everything but the area can be opened pretty quickly

Game Day will load in and set up Friday. There is security in place all night Friday and the crew will start to report at 4am Saturday morning. The instant the show wraps (11am Texas time), they start to tear the set down. Once the set is down, the last thing to come down is the sky cam. That will be down by 2pm. Load out will be done by 4pm Sat afternoon. 

The swag this season is the orange Home Depot helmets, orange gloves, and t-shirts. Be there by 8am if you want any swag. Bring some water with you. 

ESPN Global Security manages the safety and security aspects of the event. No dry erase boards, no vulgar signs. There will be numerous contract event management staff monitoring for “inappropriate” signs. 

People will start showing up around 4am. Anyone there early will have to exit the area by the stage prior to 6am to through the security check prior to re-entry. 

Edited by Randolph Duke