ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

"How do you listen to these stories and not feel pain, not want to help? You can't relate to that if you're white but you can listen and try to help because this is not okay." -- is the part where he started breaking up.

Guess a lot of people have such visceral reactions to the guy they can't accept that at least in this case he said something meaningful. Even if it was pre-planned, I disagree that it "sucked ass". 

I will say it is possible Kirk did more harm than good today because his crying has attracted like 1,000 times the attention than the really cool segment with the players. Especially drawing out the mouth breathers like on the LSU thread. Maybe the whole panel should have just said we're gonna shut up and let the players have the last word here.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bartles said:

"How do you listen to these stories and not feel pain, not want to help? You can't relate to that if you're white but you can listen and try to help because this is not okay." -- is the part where he started breaking up.

Guess a lot of people have such visceral reactions to the guy they can't accept that at least in this case he said something meaningful. Even if it was pre-planned, I disagree that it "sucked ass". 

I will say it is possible Kirk did more harm than good today because his crying has attracted like 1,000 times the attention than the really cool segment with the players. Especially drawing out the mouth breathers like on the LSU thread. Maybe the whole panel should have just said we're gonna shut up and let the players have the last word here.

It's not what he said, but how he said it.  The "look at me" virtue signalling is just going to add to the disdain most people have for him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bartles said:

"How do you listen to these stories and not feel pain, not want to help? You can't relate to that if you're white but you can listen and try to help because this is not okay." -- is the part where he started breaking up. Guess a lot of people have such visceral reactions to the guy they can't accept that at least in this case he said something meaningful. Even if it was pre-planned, I disagree that it "sucked ass".  I will say it is possible Kirk did more harm than good today because his crying has attracted like 1,000 times the attention than the really cool segment with the players. Especially drawing out the mouth breathers like on the LSU thread. Maybe the whole panel should have just said we're gonna shut up and let the players have the last word here.

Things need to get better for black Americans, and all Americans no doubt.  We all have compassion for the players... and the Maria Taylor segment was awesome.

But maybe consider this...  Criticizing Herbie, is not being critical of the players messages.  His segment was a set up where Herbie fake cries to draw more attention to ESPN and Herbie...

Herbie's segment "sucked ass" because it was fake...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Team “it seemed genuine but he was definitely milking it”.

Im sure he genuinely cares for black people but he cares more that everyone is convinced that he cares soooo much.  He has to let everyone know he cares more than they care.  He should really go into politics the way he was able to turn a societal problem into a self promotion.  What a douche.  

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Folks who think Kirk Herbstreit was virtue signaling most likely believe the Propagandist of the United States isn't when he hugs the American flag and makes an issue out of athletes kneeling in protest during the anthem despite him revealing his true colors when he stood next to Putin and sided with him against America..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

Herbstreit to the Athletic below. Guess many of you think this is just an elaborate lie and that the producer and Maria Taylor (who were also quoted in the story) agreed to verify for him. Either way, I agree with the above comment, it sucks that Herbie crying is the big headline.

“I knew about the players sitting down with Maria, but I intentionally did not watch the segment until I saw it on the air because I’m not good enough as a talent to be like an actor and watch something and then know what I’m going to say,” Herbstreit said. “We don’t script anything on the show. I have an idea of where I want to go, but if we did it 10 times, I might say it 10 different ways when it comes to these kind of subjects.

“So I was wrestling with what I really wanted to say versus whether I just go the easy route and say, ‘Boy, I’m glad the players got together with Maria and had a chance to say what’s on their mind and things that they’re doing.’ I listened very intently to the players and Maria. I listened very intently to Desmond. And then David. And then Coach (Corso). And it was my turn to go and my heart was pounding. I literally had no idea if I was going to go left or right. Was I just going to just kind of clean up the segment and say, ‘This is great that we’re talking about the issues,’ or do I go down a path where I don’t know what I’m going to say and just speak from my heart? And I chose the latter. I just decided these are challenging conversations and I am going to speak from my heart. So I did.”

• Hook 'Em 2

College GameDay announces destination for Sept. 12

College GameDay is returning to campus on Sept. 12 following its one-week virtual plan to open the 2020 college football season. Everyone's favorite pre-game show announced on Saturday it will broadcast from Winston-Salem, North Carolina next week for Clemson-Wake Forest, a showdown to open the ACC pitting America's preseason No. 1 vs. the upset-minded Demon Deacons.

“We’re still determining what ‘GameDay’ would look like this season and, frankly, it could be different every week what it looks like,” GameDay executive producer Lee Fitting said earlier this summer. “It could be potentially on the sidelines of an early game. It could be on the concourse in a stadium. It could even still be on campus.”

The plan is still to broadcast GameDay live on college campuses, but that could change. Social distancing — or potentially live shows without fans around the stage — is a necessity.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-GameDay-Clemson-Tigers-Wake-Forest-Demon-Deacons-ESPN-151099493/

52 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Herbstreit to the Athletic below. Guess many of you think this is just an elaborate lie and that the producer and Maria Taylor (who were also quoted in the story) agreed to verify for him. Either way, I agree with the above comment, it sucks that Herbie crying is the big headline.

Kirk is and always has been made for tv, like arod level of non-authenticity. He is an ohio meathead who lives in a bubble where people kiss his ass in order to hear sweet nonsense about their program. This is not the guy you give any benefit of the doubt to, use the same dirt to cover up the hole and enjoy game week. Hook'em!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On September 5, 2020 at 4:21 PM, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

The whole "virtue signaling" conversation is always funny to me since it without fail exposes the people who can't possibly fathom caring that passionately about issues that don't affect them directly but do, in fact, negatively affect the livelihood of the people they care about

Is "virtue signaling" the new "SJW?" 

I'd call those douchebag signaling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, Bartles said:

"Acting" is not a lie, or is it?

For the sports going on right now, I have MLB.com, NHL.com, NFL.com, etc in my favorites.   Got sick and fucking tired of every day ESPN leading with 5-6 stories/ headlines that has fuck-all to do with sports.

Fuck ESPN.

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

For the sports going on right now, I have MLB.com, NHL.com, NFL.com, etc in my favorites.   Got sick and fucking tired of every day ESPN leading with 5-6 stories/ headlines that has fuck-all to do with sports.

Fuck ESPN.

Amen... ESPN should formally change their name to EPN  or (EBPN... "B" being basketball... that's all they seem to care about)

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Fuck ESPN.

These guys actually cover sports

https://www.outkick.com/

https://www.outkick.com/texas-linebacker-jett-bush-awarded-scholarship-in-emotional-video/

• Hook 'Em 1