ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

Fyi:   How to be a virtual fan for 'College GameDay' on ESPN (signs are welcome)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2020/09/09/how-sign-up-virtual-fan-espn-college-gameday-college-football/5767070002/

Really hope FOX CFB Pregame show gets better...  They have a legitimate shot to take more marketshare away from ESPN right now.

On 9/5/2020 at 3:21 PM, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

The whole "virtue signaling" conversation is always funny to me since it without fail exposes the people who can't possibly fathom caring that passionately about issues that don't affect them directly but do, in fact, negatively affect the livelihood of the people they care about

What a load of crap.  If you think there are not people out there who say and do things solely to influence your opinion of them rather than out of genuine belief in what they are saying/doing, you are an absolute rube.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wake Forest is selling cardboard fan cutouts for the season (up to $120), and they're putting the ones purchased so far on the field as the fan zone for GameDay. Wake is also hosting a drive-in viewing party across from the stadium which GameDay will incorporate into the show.

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

What a load of crap.  If you think there are not people out there who say and do things solely to influence your opinion of them rather than out of genuine belief in what they are saying/doing, you are an absolute rube.

All this reply proves is that you don't actually understand the point I was making with my original post - you're attacking a strawman.

Perhaps you lack the mental capacity necessary to participate in these kinds of discussions.

15 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

All this reply proves is that you don't actually understand the point I was making with my original post - you're attacking a strawman.

Perhaps you lack the mental capacity necessary to participate in these kinds of discussions.

Right.  Because there is no chance that you just did a piss-poor job of making your point.

17 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Was absurd that they attempted to portray Bear Bryant as some sort of civil rights activist by scheduling USC

What’s probably more absurd is to judge someone’s actions 50 years ago under the scope of today’s societal norms.  Lacking context much?  No one is saying he was Mother Teresa but he didn’t have to do it and I’m sure he ruffled a lot of their fans feathers by playing SC.  

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Over the last few years Fox Sports Big Noon Kickoff show has been so much better than College Gameday. 

I'm watching this now.  It has Matt leinart, Reggie bush, urban Meyer, and brady quin.  It's like a who's who of douchebags.  (And I'm being nice)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I'm watching this now.  It has Matt leinart, Reggie bush, urban Meyer, and brady quin.  It's like a who's who of douchebags.  (And I'm being nice)

Reasons why I enjoy it:

1. No SEC bias bullshit
  2. No Corso looking like he doesn't know where the fuck he is
  3. No Herbie 
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1