ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Maybe Lee should do show alone... 😂😂😂

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit Self-Isolating After Testing Negative for COVID-19

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2910672-espns-kirk-herbstreit-self-isolating-after-testing-negative-for-covid-19

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Like I’ve said, Big Noon Kickoff has started to become the better show.  The only reason I watch college game day anymore is to look for any funny signs.

My problem with Big Noon Kickoff is the name of the show.  It's a Big Middle Finger to anybody who doesn't live in the Eastern Time Zone.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Just switched over and Herbie looks like a hungover bloated piece of crap this morning. 

Truth on television,  what a concept.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/1/2021 at 1:32 PM, SDG said:

Lost another...   

Maria Taylor leaves ESPN after failing to reach contract extension

image.png.55d64161feead060957636d7ad1a6719.png

By JOE REEDY, Associated Press

July 21, 2021 | 6:03 PM

Maria Taylor is leaving ESPN after the two sides were unable to reach an agreement on a contract extension.  Taylor had been with ESPN since 2014 but her contract expired Tuesday. Her last assignment for the network was Tuesday night at the NBA Finals, where she was the pregame and postgame host for the network’s “NBA Countdown” show.

“So thankful to Jimmy (Pitaro) and all of my great teammates and friends at the SEC Network, College GameDay, Women’s and Men’s college basketball, and the NBA Countdown family — the people who believed in me, encouraged me, pushed me, and lifted me up,” Taylor said in a statement released through ESPN. “Words are inadequate to express my boundless appreciation, and I hope to make them proud.”

Taylor had hosted “NBA Countdown” since 2019 as well as being a reporter for “College GameDay” and ABC “Saturday Night Football” since 2017.

“Maria’s remarkable success speaks directly to her abilities and work ethic,” ESPN chairman Jimmy Pitaro said in a statement. “There is no doubt we will miss Maria, but we remain determined to continue to build a deep and skilled talent roster that thoroughly reflects the athletes we cover and the fans we serve. While she chose to pursue a new opportunity, we are proud of the work we’ve done together.”

ESPN had been discussing a contract with Taylor for over a year but things reached a boiling point over the past month. Taylor rejected an extension last year and the two sides were far apart heading into the NBA Finals. Then came a New York Times report detailing comments her colleague Rachel Nichols made about Taylor last year during the NBA’s restart in Florida.

Nichols, who is white, was introduced in September 2019 as the NBA Finals host but the network later decided to promote Taylor, who is Black.

Nichols said in an accidentally recorded phone call obtained by the Times: “I wish Maria Taylor all the success in the world — she covers football, she covers basketball. If you need to give her more things to do because you are feeling pressure about your crappy longtime record on diversity — which, by the way, I know personally from the female side of it — like, go for it. Just find it somewhere else. You are not going to find it from me or taking my thing away.”

Nichols apologized on July 5 while hosting “The Jump.” She was slated to be the sideline reporter for the Finals, but was pulled off the assignment.

Pitaro said last week in a memo to ESPN employees: “We respect and acknowledge there are a variety of feelings about what happened and the actions we took. The details of what took place last year are confidential, nuanced and complicated personnel matters.

“Maria Taylor was selected as ‘NBA Countdown’ host last year because she earned it. Please know our commitment is that assignments and opportunities at ESPN are based on merit and any concerns, remarks, or inferences that suggest otherwise have been and will continue to be addressed.”

Pitaro’s memo, which was obtained by AP, also stated that 52% of the talent hires made over the past year were people of color and 42% were female. He also stated that 63% of ESPN’s executive leadership team is made up of women and/or people of color.

NBC and Amazon are favored to be Taylor’s next stops. Taylor could host “Football Night in America” if Mike Tirico moves to the booth next season. Al Michaels’ contract expires at the end of the upcoming season. Taylor could join the network immediately and have a role in its coverage of the Tokyo Olympics.

NBC also has Notre Dame football and opportunities in its news division. Amazon becomes the exclusive carrier of the NFL’s Thursday night package next season.

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, LTtxfan said:

No... Alex Curry on FS1 has my attention

cqvz5uo3ue151.jpg

I like that her tits are so massive that the sign behind her, despite her glorious blockage, still spells out "HAPP.......................Y" and we remain very happy.  

On 9/26/2020 at 9:05 AM, mdleast said:

It seems like every year they add more and more people to the “We’re Coming to Your Citayyy!” band. They’re the Polyphonic Spree of country hick hop.

Not country. Pop garbage with fake southern accents.

• 8 months later...

Where will College GameDay visit each week of the 2022 season?

We know where GameDay will begin its 2022 travels, and we have a good idea where they'll end. We fill in all the blanks in between.

ZACH BARNETT       MAY 17, 2022

It's that time of year again.

The NFL schedule is out, ESPN and Fox are rolling out their early season schedules, and Memorial Day is around the corner. We've officially turned the corner on the offseason, now closer to the beginning of the 2022 season than the end of '21.

Which means it's time to trot out everyone's favorite offseason tradition: Speculating where the GameDay busses go each Saturday of the 2022 college football season. 

We've got a lot of miles to travel, so let's turn the engine and get going.

Week 1 (Sept. 3)
Go ahead and write this one in ink. In fact, I'm surprised ESPN hasn't made the announcement already. Although Oregon vs. Georgia in Atlanta would easily carry the day for a normal Week 1, this is not a normal Week 1. Notre Dame at Ohio State features two top-5 teams, two top-5 brands and Marcus Freeman kicking off his first season as Notre Dame's head coach against his alma mater -- in the Irish's second trip to the Horseshoe, ever. In fact, it's so obvious that ESPN has already informed us three and a half months ahead of time.

Week 2 (Sept. 10)
There is some debate here. Alabama at Texas has been claimed by Fox, while USC at Stanford projects as the ABC Saturday Night Football game. ESPN isn't averse to hyping a rival network's game if the stakes are big enough; are the stakes for Alabama-Texas -- with the Tide a 2-touchdown favorite against a team coming off a 5-7 season -- that much larger than Lincoln Riley's national debut at USC? If the networks were reversed this wouldn't even merit a discussion in Bristol. In the end, I think they do have a discussion and I think they land on Alabama at Texas.

Week 3 (Sept. 17)
GameDay was in State College this time last year for Auburn at Penn State. Accompanying the Nittany Lions to the Plains for their return trip is a no-brainer, right? Not so fast my friend. Matt Sarz projects Auburn-Penn State as a CBS game, so GameDay goes north for Oklahoma at Nebraska.

Week 4 (Sept. 24)
It's a stated goal of GameDay's producers to take the show to as many campuses as possible. The biggest game of Week 4 is Wisconsin at Ohio State, already claimed as a Saturday Night Football game by ABC. But GameDay has already been to Columbus 20 times -- most of any location -- and 21 when you include the Notre Dame game just three weeks prior. 

This is my pitch to ESPN brass to bring the show somewhere new: GameDay should go to TCU at SMU. When's the last time a coach left his school for their arch-rival? I genuinely can't think of a prior example, at least not in recent college football history. Now add in that his first game against SMU comes at TCU. And now add in the dynamics of this particular rivalry: SMU is the higher-ranked university (No. 68 in the US News ranking; TCU is No. 83) and in the larger city, but TCU is higher on the football food chain. 

Couple in SMU's beautiful campus and underrated pregame scene, and ESPN has a chance to capture the maddest you'll ever see someone paying $50,000+ in tuition get at someone else paying $50,000+ in tuition. 

GameDay is a traveling circus, and circuses revel in spectacle. This guy and his 50 closest friends would be a spectacle. 

Week 5 (Oct. 1)
Dave Doeren's team finally slayed Clemson last season in a 27-21 double OT thriller. "The curse is broken, NC State," he said after the game. The 2021 Wolfpack went 9-3 and 2022 figures to be even better, although we won't know for sure until NC State at Clemson. This game features ESPN's preseason No. 7 and No. 11 teams... and Clemson is No. 11.

Week 6 (8 Oct.)
Let's put it this way, if GameDay isn't in Tuscaloosa for Texas A&M at Alabama, something has gone seriously wrong for Jimbo Fisher.

Week 7 (Oct. 15)
We're in mid-October and GameDay has yet to go west of Austin. That follows one Pac-12 game in 2021, none in 2019 and '20, one in '18, and none in '17. Let's fix that with a trip to Salt Lake City for USC at Utah. 

Week 8 (Oct. 22)
The Lane Train should be chugging at full speed by this point in the year. With a first-half schedule of Troy, Central Arkansas, Georgia Tech, Tulsa, Kentucky (at home) and Vanderbilt, the Rebels should be 6-0 and in the top 10 by the time their trip to Baton Rouge rolls around. Week 8 also gives us UCLA at Oregon, but it's Chip Kelly's second trip to Autzen Stadium's visitors locker room, not his first, so let's give Ole Miss at LSU the nod. 

Week 9 (Oct. 29)
The Big Ten chose to compete against itself this week by putting its spiciest midseason matchups -- Michigan State at Michigan; Penn State at Ohio State -- on the same day. Michigan and Penn State play each other earlier in October, as do Ohio State and Michigan State. One of these games will emerge as bigger than the other, and one will air on ABC at 3:30 p.m. ET, with the other on Fox at noon. Let's take a stab in the dark and go with Michigan State at Michigan. 

Week 10 (Nov. 5)
Easy: UMass at UConn. Oh, wait, no. Sorry. Let's try that again. Easy: Baylor at Oklahoma. These two programs have won the last nine Big 12 championships because they've been on the cutting edge of the conference that's often on the cutting edge of the entire sport, schematically speaking. What once brought us Art Briles vs. Lincoln Riley now brings us Dave Aranda vs. Brent Venables. 

Week 11 (Nov. 12)
GameDay has traveled to hundreds of stadiums, Times Square, and even a golf course, but it's never spotlighted a Division II game. Not one. How about we change that with a visit to D2's most-played rivalry: Virginia Union at Virginia State. 

Week 12 (Nov. 19)
There's a Power 5 program that has won 10 games and finished in the AP Top 20 twice in the last four years, that has a possible No. 1 pick at quarterback, that will start this season in the AP Top 25, and has hosted GameDay once, in 2007. That changes when the national champions roll into town for Georgia at Kentucky. 

Week 13 (Nov. 26)
This one's easy. GameDay will end the regular season in the same place it began for Michigan at Ohio State. 

Week 14 (Dec. 3)
GameDay has been on the road on a regular basis since 1994. Alabama-LSU and Ohio State-Penn State are tied for the most frequent matchups with 11; Alabama-Georgia is alone in third, at nine. The first two meetings happen every year, but Bama and UGA have played only 13 times since GameDay first went on the road. Seventy percent of the time the Tide and the Bulldogs meet, it's the biggest game in the sport on that day, including all but one of the nine matchups since Nick Saban's 2007 arrival. 

Notre Dame at Ohio State may be the easiest bet for the 2022 schedule, but Alabama vs. Georgia is the second easiest. 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/21/2022 at 1:51 PM, LTtxfan said:

Where will College GameDay visit each week of the 2022 season?

We know where GameDay will begin its 2022 travels, and we have a good idea where they'll end. We fill in all the blanks in between.

ZACH BARNETT       MAY 17, 2022

It's that time of year again.

The NFL schedule is out, ESPN and Fox are rolling out their early season schedules, and Memorial Day is around the corner. We've officially turned the corner on the offseason, now closer to the beginning of the 2022 season than the end of '21.

Which means it's time to trot out everyone's favorite offseason tradition: Speculating where the GameDay busses go each Saturday of the 2022 college football season. 

We've got a lot of miles to travel, so let's turn the engine and get going.

Week 1 (Sept. 3)
Go ahead and write this one in ink. In fact, I'm surprised ESPN hasn't made the announcement already. Although Oregon vs. Georgia in Atlanta would easily carry the day for a normal Week 1, this is not a normal Week 1. Notre Dame at Ohio State features two top-5 teams, two top-5 brands and Marcus Freeman kicking off his first season as Notre Dame's head coach against his alma mater -- in the Irish's second trip to the Horseshoe, ever. In fact, it's so obvious that ESPN has already informed us three and a half months ahead of time.

Week 2 (Sept. 10)
There is some debate here. Alabama at Texas has been claimed by Fox, while USC at Stanford projects as the ABC Saturday Night Football game. ESPN isn't averse to hyping a rival network's game if the stakes are big enough; are the stakes for Alabama-Texas -- with the Tide a 2-touchdown favorite against a team coming off a 5-7 season -- that much larger than Lincoln Riley's national debut at USC? If the networks were reversed this wouldn't even merit a discussion in Bristol. In the end, I think they do have a discussion and I think they land on Alabama at Texas.

Week 3 (Sept. 17)
GameDay was in State College this time last year for Auburn at Penn State. Accompanying the Nittany Lions to the Plains for their return trip is a no-brainer, right? Not so fast my friend. Matt Sarz projects Auburn-Penn State as a CBS game, so GameDay goes north for Oklahoma at Nebraska.

Week 4 (Sept. 24)
It's a stated goal of GameDay's producers to take the show to as many campuses as possible. The biggest game of Week 4 is Wisconsin at Ohio State, already claimed as a Saturday Night Football game by ABC. But GameDay has already been to Columbus 20 times -- most of any location -- and 21 when you include the Notre Dame game just three weeks prior. 

This is my pitch to ESPN brass to bring the show somewhere new: GameDay should go to TCU at SMU. When's the last time a coach left his school for their arch-rival? I genuinely can't think of a prior example, at least not in recent college football history. Now add in that his first game against SMU comes at TCU. And now add in the dynamics of this particular rivalry: SMU is the higher-ranked university (No. 68 in the US News ranking; TCU is No. 83) and in the larger city, but TCU is higher on the football food chain. 

Couple in SMU's beautiful campus and underrated pregame scene, and ESPN has a chance to capture the maddest you'll ever see someone paying $50,000+ in tuition get at someone else paying $50,000+ in tuition. 

GameDay is a traveling circus, and circuses revel in spectacle. This guy and his 50 closest friends would be a spectacle. 

Week 5 (Oct. 1)
Dave Doeren's team finally slayed Clemson last season in a 27-21 double OT thriller. "The curse is broken, NC State," he said after the game. The 2021 Wolfpack went 9-3 and 2022 figures to be even better, although we won't know for sure until NC State at Clemson. This game features ESPN's preseason No. 7 and No. 11 teams... and Clemson is No. 11.

Week 6 (8 Oct.)
Let's put it this way, if GameDay isn't in Tuscaloosa for Texas A&M at Alabama, something has gone seriously wrong for Jimbo Fisher.

Week 7 (Oct. 15)
We're in mid-October and GameDay has yet to go west of Austin. That follows one Pac-12 game in 2021, none in 2019 and '20, one in '18, and none in '17. Let's fix that with a trip to Salt Lake City for USC at Utah. 

Week 8 (Oct. 22)
The Lane Train should be chugging at full speed by this point in the year. With a first-half schedule of Troy, Central Arkansas, Georgia Tech, Tulsa, Kentucky (at home) and Vanderbilt, the Rebels should be 6-0 and in the top 10 by the time their trip to Baton Rouge rolls around. Week 8 also gives us UCLA at Oregon, but it's Chip Kelly's second trip to Autzen Stadium's visitors locker room, not his first, so let's give Ole Miss at LSU the nod. 

Week 9 (Oct. 29)
The Big Ten chose to compete against itself this week by putting its spiciest midseason matchups -- Michigan State at Michigan; Penn State at Ohio State -- on the same day. Michigan and Penn State play each other earlier in October, as do Ohio State and Michigan State. One of these games will emerge as bigger than the other, and one will air on ABC at 3:30 p.m. ET, with the other on Fox at noon. Let's take a stab in the dark and go with Michigan State at Michigan. 

Week 10 (Nov. 5)
Easy: UMass at UConn. Oh, wait, no. Sorry. Let's try that again. Easy: Baylor at Oklahoma. These two programs have won the last nine Big 12 championships because they've been on the cutting edge of the conference that's often on the cutting edge of the entire sport, schematically speaking. What once brought us Art Briles vs. Lincoln Riley now brings us Dave Aranda vs. Brent Venables. 

Week 11 (Nov. 12)
GameDay has traveled to hundreds of stadiums, Times Square, and even a golf course, but it's never spotlighted a Division II game. Not one. How about we change that with a visit to D2's most-played rivalry: Virginia Union at Virginia State. 

Week 12 (Nov. 19)
There's a Power 5 program that has won 10 games and finished in the AP Top 20 twice in the last four years, that has a possible No. 1 pick at quarterback, that will start this season in the AP Top 25, and has hosted GameDay once, in 2007. That changes when the national champions roll into town for Georgia at Kentucky. 

Week 13 (Nov. 26)
This one's easy. GameDay will end the regular season in the same place it began for Michigan at Ohio State. 

Week 14 (Dec. 3)
GameDay has been on the road on a regular basis since 1994. Alabama-LSU and Ohio State-Penn State are tied for the most frequent matchups with 11; Alabama-Georgia is alone in third, at nine. The first two meetings happen every year, but Bama and UGA have played only 13 times since GameDay first went on the road. Seventy percent of the time the Tide and the Bulldogs meet, it's the biggest game in the sport on that day, including all but one of the nine matchups since Nick Saban's 2007 arrival. 

Notre Dame at Ohio State may be the easiest bet for the 2022 schedule, but Alabama vs. Georgia is the second easiest. 

SMU tailgating is very underrated. It’s a smaller version of The Grove (yes I’ve been to both). Nice people watching, and all the drinks are free. SMU has some rule where vendors can’t sell drinks. 

• 3 months later...