The Challenge War of the Worlds 2

joeycovers

Every season since Bananas' arrival has been a numbers game, so no, I don't think there will ever be a season not being a number's game. You'd have to go back to the initial Battle of the Sexes, where they voted out the shittiest player with the lowest cumulative points out. And those seasons were boring as fuck.

Having the person voted into elimination choose their opponent is just a better format. As it's set up now, with one alliance having a majority on both sides, those alliance members should never have to go into elimination until they've picked off all of the non-alliance members.

Seems next week it's a foregone conclusion the elimination will be Jordan,Josh or Zach vs Theo

• Like 2

I also feel like being able to earn immunity is an important part of this show. The fact that they don’t have that this year kinda fucks with everything IMO. Either you win in an elimination and you earn immunity for the next week, or you preform better than everyone else in the challenge and you earn immunity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

If Leroy sided with the non-Paulie/Cara alliance, wouldn't they have had the numbers then?  

He would be third in the male pecking order behind Jordan and Zach if he joined them. On Cara’s alliance, he’s only behind Paulie. And Cara’s alliance with the numbers on UK ensures no one on their alliance gets voted in when UK picks either. Jordan’s alliance offered Leroy minimal protection (getting voted in after Josh) while Cara’s alliance literally allows him to walk into the finals. It was the right game move for him. 

If Laurel has beaten Ninja, it would be the exact same game, but in reverse. The lack of immunity does seem to be the missing part of this season that would make the voting a little more fair, I agree.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:59 AM, Goo Punch said:

he won it three times. then he won his first season if the challenge- the toughest season ever. and unlike many challengers *cough*Paulie*cough* his tough guy act isn't fake- he's a young, Turkish CT. 

Yeah, when CT flat said that he was scared shitless of a pissed off Turbo, and it was enough for me.

Honestly Turbo doesn't fit this show. He's not a shit talker. He doesn't really do alliances(he'll vote with a group but he's not a ring leader at all), and he's pretty up front and honest.  No back stabbing.

But when he feels like he's been crossed(which will ALWAYS happen in this game), he goes into full on Terminator mode.

I mean it's great TV for the episode or 2 it happens...but you notice kind of how boring he was the rest of the season?  And I think he's awesome and would be my pick to win every year if it was a just a strait challenges.

11 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Stay mature, Cara. At least your better half has a modicum of class. 

pretty much almost no one on this show have any class.

Turbo....in a sorta crazy turkish way has a bit

Nany is trying to play without turning into a cunt- but shes a whiney beotch instead.

Zach & CT could possibly be learning to have some at some point

after that, its every person for themselves. 

So Turbo is gone gone?? Not suspended for match or something?

Damn. Jordan for MVP then for copying his walk, nailing Theo, and locking up Tori. Fucker.

Cara gona Cara eventually. Most everyone is a hypocrite on this show.

Lol at Josh in the pool talking trash under his breath to himself? “Not gona kiss anyone’s ass” sounded like Milton from the office.

I feel for Theo. Don’t like him but that team is retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also good for Jordan and Tori. and good for everyone else on the show who was there to witness that. that's a Challenge first, and even though MTV kind of gave it away with their little teaser before the commercial, it was still a bit of a surprise when it actually happened. i enjoyed everything about the elimination position of the episode.

Edited by Goo Punch

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

welp, if anyone else still likes Cara, then there's something wrong with you. she's maybe the most sad, miserable person i've ever seen on The Challenge, and that says a lot. She is so wrapped up in hating people it's got to be exhausting. poor girl. 

Yeah we need to hear from Lurker on this.  In all the bad terrible human being moments she's had the past several years, last night's was easily her worst.  And that's really saying something.  People who really dislike each other were able to put that shit aside for a few minutes and enjoy a really nice moment before diving back into the shit.  Not her.  She's just turned into the worst person who has ever been on this show.  Juxtaposed with her total asshole of a boyfriend being able to be sincerely happy for them and showing some class really shows what a total piece of shit she is.   I gained a bit of respect for Paulie last night.  I'm not sure there was anything for me to lose about Cara since I already hated her guts.  I think she reached the level of, if she get's terminal cancer, I won't feel bad for her at all.  There, I said it.   I won't come on here and celebrate it, but there will be no tears shed.  

Edited by Go Pokes

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

welp, if anyone else still likes Cara, then there's something wrong with you. she's maybe the most sad, miserable person i've ever seen on The Challenge, and that says a lot. She is so wrapped up in hating people it's got to be exhausting. poor girl. 

I have an update.

I'm no longer on Team Cara this season. I still think she played an incredible game and everyone else are hypocrites for being pissed at her for that (if Bananas and Laurel won, it would have been the exact same game but in their favor)... but the ending, wow. I hope she loses, I hope she's humbled, I hope the season off rejuvenates her, and she comes back the following season reshaping her image. That was really painful to watch.

Cara needs to sell her horse and hire an actual therapist.

Last night was the final capper for me on just what a miserable person she has become. Her issues aren't new, and I don't blame Paulie (Abram was much worse of a person) but she really needs help, and nobody in her life is providing it effectively. She hates everyone, and has become bad television in the process, kind of of what Camilla had turned into by the end.

Jordan can be a little grating, but I'm happy for him and Tori. They seem to really like each other. As opposed to Josh who will fall in love with any girl at the drop of a hat.

I read that he didn’t end up losing the eye. He’s still partially blind in it though. He says everything is now just really blurry in his right eye. That still sucks, but I’m guessing far better than totally losing an eye. He was all set to record the current season, but his doctors strongly advised against it.

dude i wouldn't doubt that at all. paulie has more endearing qualities than cara, that's for sure, but dude also clearly has a few screws loose and could always be a liability for production. also, in all honesty, i bet production is just tired of cara's shit and needs a break from her. 

On 11/7/2019 at 9:51 AM, Go Pokes said:

In all the bad terrible human being moments she's had the past several years, last night's was easily her worst.  And that's really saying something.  People who really dislike each other were able to put that shit aside for a few minutes and enjoy a really nice moment before diving back into the shit.  Not her.  She's just turned into the worst person who has ever been on this show.  Juxtaposed with her total asshole of a boyfriend being able to be sincerely happy for them and showing some class really shows what a total piece of shit she is.   I gained a bit of respect for Paulie last night.  I'm not sure there was anything for me to lose about Cara since I already hated her guts.  I think she reached the level of, if she get's terminal cancer, I won't feel bad for her at all.  There, I said it.   I won't come on here and celebrate it, but there will be no tears shed.  

100% this. 

Paulie is a lot like Bananas, ie- a lot of what they say is for show and their "character" that they are playing on TV. Sure Paulie is still a little off but Cara is 1000% a miserable person that has massive self confidence and self worth issues. 

She can't be happy for anybody else because she is so unhappy in her own life all she knows is hate and misery. I used to feel bad for her but she really needs to get off TV and social media and just find herself. Continuing to be the unhappy person that she isn't good for her long term mental health or anyone else around her.  

What's with all the bootleg music they've played this year? Lots of famous songs performed by "SRM" - whatever that is. First noticed it on an Allman Brothers song early this season and many times since then. And then I was caught off guard when they threw in a Fleetwood Mac song tonight that was actually Fleetwood Mac.

• Like 1

Holy shit, new villain of the season. That was fucking brutal, Rogan! I started out laughing that CT was all "yeah, I'll tell her," and then immediately left the scene, but Dee's fucking meltdown hurt my heart. 

Cara was shit for the comments DURING the proposal (and even if I agree it was a little staged, no need to say it all the time), but I don't fault her at all for not going to the engagement party. People always say to separate reality from the game... isn't that what she was doing? She doesn't like Jordan. Jordan doesn't like her. Why would anyone go to an engagement party of someone you don't like? Why would you want someone you don't like at your engagement party? 

Zach's toast at the party was really sweet. Who fuckin' knew he'd be one of the most likable people this season?

Nany vs. Kam for Leroy only made Leroy look like a fucking bitch. Nany just looks pathetic, and Kam is hilarious but her manipulation is transparent (isn't she the biggest bitch out of all of them? Seriously, at least Cara is straight up with you when she's fucking you over).

As usual, CT and Ashley are the confessional royalty this season. They both had lines that made me straight up LOL -- "Tori committing murder", and Ashley's "put these fuckbois in their place"... honorable mention goes to Ashley's "good job, idiot, now you're stuck with that asshole" about the engagement.

Tori's too extra, but holy shit that was an impressive elimination. Goddamn! 

Joss, Kayleigh, Josh, and Ninja were just there, like usual.

Cara not going to the engagement party is just more of her being the sad, selfish, petty, angry, hurt, attention whore that she is. She doesn't need to go huh Jordan and Tori and fake being excited about it, but she also doesn't have to be the only person in the house so petty that she has to be conspicuously absent. Add to that the way she immediately started trashing Jordan and Tori as soon as people started returning to the room, and it's clear that she wasn't respectfully declining to go, she was being as gay about it as ever, just passive aggressively this time around. she is consumed by negativity and ugly emotions. it's sad.

So you'd rather her be pouty and eye-rolly at the actual engagement party? She was going to come across the same to you either way. She just decided to separate herself from it altogether, and that seems really fucking mature to me. If she had gone, you'd be all "why's her fake ass there? To start drama for the cameras?" No win, either way.

Besides, Jordan didn't seem all that torn up about it, so who fucking cares that she didn't go? Regardless, they seem cordial on all the Behind the Episodes they appear on, so maybe they've squashed it a little and maybe finally they have a fucking mutual respect for each other now as competitors. Tori nailed it on the head -- it's not Tori against Cara, or even Jordan against Paulie. They all respect each other as athletes. It's Jordan against Cara, because they don't. He bullies her, and she's an insecure bitch. They weren't meant to be friends. 

And she didn't go to his fucking party. Boo-hoo.