Man United: "Give me that Ole bullshit!"

Dertyberd

Two days before kickoff and I have no idea how this team will perform or where they end up in the League, Europa League, or any of the domestic cups they're participating in.  Not sure if they'll actually give an effort all season, bench Pogba, keep Ole, allow Alexi to steal 90 mins from a youngster, watch Marital and Rashford glare at each other in disappointment, lose at home to a regulation team, or somehow pull all of their talent together to make a solid top 4 finish and a run to the semis/finals in the Europa League.  No. fucking. clue.

This squad has enough talent going forward, and now in the back, to be a solid team.  The big question still is who will run the show in the middle of the park.  Pogba can obviously be one of the greats if he chooses, but will he get frustrated early with the lack of help or new faces in the middle?  Will he track back and help Matic's slow ass or will they figure out a way to use him on the counter to play attacking football the United way where they were stone ruthless?  I hope its the latter. United now have a shutdown right back in Wan-Bissaka and a center back in Maguire who can play good balls out of the back and get things rolling.  There is hope.  

I don't know if Rashford is a 20 goal guy, but he has the talent.  I don't know if Martial can get 10 and 10 assists, but he has the talent.  The right side going forward is still kind of fucked with Lingard/Mata/whoever else they play out there, but there is enough speed elsewhere that it doesn't matter as much. Plus not having to worry about the right side of our defense being abused all the time should help give them confidence.  It will be interesting to see if any of the young guys get a chance on that right-ish side.  

Long story short.  Great defensive signings, overpriced for Maguire, but such is the market.  He's a massive improvement.  De Gea still wins us 9 or so points a year.  Shaw healthy and Lindelof with another year in the premier league.  The defense is much improved.  

Midfield is the same fucking question mark it was all last season.  No improvement unless young guys step up or Lingard regains his confidence.  Who will show up and play and will they attempt to play as a unit? No fucking clue.  

Going forward will ultimately be improved with Lukaku gone.  He never fit at United to begin with and did nothing but slow down a fast moving side.  This was fully on display when Ole put him back in the line up at the end of last year.  They immediately lost a shitload of points and the CL spot.  They needed to bring in a replacement badly, but the front office fucked around with this one and here we are.  I imagine they will buy here over Christmas unless a young player steps up.  The talent on the books is good, but waaaaay to thin for a long season.  

United can finish anywhere from 3-9, no bullshit.  I've never had this much uncertainty at the beginning of the season.  It better be a good start as well, because the end of last season's shitshow is still fresh on my mind. If they're still playing badly, uninspired, and half-assed, "Don't give me that Ole bullshit!".

Come on United! Harry Bissaka!!! 

• Like 2

I seriously doubt ManU finishes 9th. But I guess if you have an absolute dumpster fire season it's possible. I would think anywhere from 3-6 with Chelsea, tohnum, Arsenal - unless someone surprises this season. Pool and City should have the top 2 locked down. 

Looking forward to Sunday and fuck ManU. You might be their only fan on here but props for having the balls to post. 

Cheers, I enjoy the hate and solitude, I'm used to it. 

True, 9th seems far fetched, but I could truly could see an unraveling of epic proportions if attitudes haven't changed.  Pogba is still on the squad, and Alexi is still in the dressing room making 350k a week for doing fuck all.  Plenty of room for resentments amongst the players if they start losing.  If Pogba decides to play and up his value for a transfer next year, United are certainly in contention for 3rd.  I pray that Maguire is the type of guy to come in as a calming influence in the back and in the locker room.  The world is on his shoulders and they paid the money for it.  I hope the gamble pays off or the club is in for a looooooong period of being down.  

A lot of young talent that I hope gets used in the cups.  Going to be fun to watch United and Chelsea having to rely on young guys this season.  The top two is set, the next 8 are going to have more parody than we've seen in a long time.  Can't wait.  

Fucking go on!!!!!  Beautiful play that looked like United is supposed to and something to be excited about this season.  Strong defending, fast and ruthless counter attacking, dangerous on corners, and good play down the wings.  Harry Bissaka look like the real deal against quality competition.  Simple defending in the middle and shut down speed on the outside. Lukaku gone has got us playing quickly and freely.  Martial was shit and Pogba was off until there was nothing to fear, but the rest of the squad played their ass off.  These aren't world beaters, but fourth is very possible playing like that.  Waaaaaaay too early, but I didn't expect that today.  Come on United! 

I’m not a united fan necessarily (don’t really have an EPL team), but a friend at work has been trying to get me into Chelsea for a while now. He had a little watch party at his place this morning with some other Chelsea fans, and from an entertainment standpoint, it was top notch haha. 

• Haha 1

Haha! It was very entertaining.  Chelsea played very well in the first have and I'm sure the crowd were happy.  The counter of United today was exactly what they've done for years when breaking the spirit of other squad.  It was never about sitting deep and looking for a point man to counter like Jose wanted, but having the short/medium outlet and off to the races with confidence.  I would've love to be there when Rashford got that third goal 90 seconds after the second.  Soul crushing shit.  

Great to start the season with3 points and 4 goals.  AWB is going to be special for us. The pace at the front is ridiculous but they were pretty sloppy in the beginning of the match which could be expected in the first league game.

Midfield took a bit to get going but McTominay is going to be hard to leave out of the starting 11.  Pereira might be the change I make for the next match.  The defense looked to be working together nicely for Harry’s first game (first week) with the back 4.  

Fuck I’m pretty pumped for this season even without any Champions League. 

20 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Great to start the season with3 points and 4 goals.  AWB is going to be special for us. The pace at the front is ridiculous but they were pretty sloppy in the beginning of the match which could be expected in the first league game.

Midfield took a bit to get going but McTominay is going to be hard to leave out of the starting 11.  Pereira might be the change I make for the next match.  The defense looked to be working together nicely for Harry’s first game (first week) with the back 4.  

Fuck I’m pretty pumped for this season even without any Champions League. 

I think I was overlooking this piece.  With a solid pairing in the middle of defense, the Matic/McTominay role will have much more leeway to go after balls in the midfield instead of basically becoming a 5th defender because we sucked back there the last couple of years.  McTominay played very, very well.  He was poised and confident the whole match and should get the start.  

I hope you're right about the sloppiness because Martial was terrible on attack.  I lost count of the number of times he gave it away during great opportunities.  

Crazy stat there for Rashford.  I forget he's only 21.  I'm not ready to believe he will become an all time legend like the other two, but damn thats incredible company.  He's off to a hell of a start this year, he looked the part of a veteran striker.  

Love United's speed.  Very excited for the year now that I've seen us against in a real match.  

Fuck Monday matches and not getting to watch live.  I also ditched cable and no longer have a DVR, I hadn't thought this far ahead when I went all in on Amazon FireStick, because, fuck Monday league matches.  

Should be a fantastic one to watch.  I love watching Wolves and have had United's number the last year, they'll be up for it.  If we get out of there with a draw I'll be more than happy.  Must get any points away from home against our competition for the top 4/6.  It will  be interesting to see how we defend in the middle of the park.  Maguire is great against balls coming in long and from the wings, but this will be the first test of staying organized with the attack coming from the middle.  We should be able to counter the shit out of Wolves this week as I doubt they sit back at home, but you never know.  Wolves will see a lot of the ball, which doesn't really bother me at all.  Must be ruthless when we get our chances.  

Come on United!!

PS, fuck Pogba's brother from coming out last week saying he 'deserves' a transfer.  I'm so sick of their shit.  He better step up and boss the middle of the field because its going to be intense in there.  

Pogba has no business taking penalties away from Rashford. I'm assuming Ole was being a pussy and trying to stroke Pogba's ego.  No clue why he actually let him take it.  Rashford scored penalties in Paris against PSG and in a fucking World Cup for England and we all know how remarkable that is.  He should be the man and better be for the rest of the season or this team will have problems.  Lay down the law Ole.  That was a huge 3pts missed indeed.   Happy for the away point, but can't be letting these early gifts slip or it will be a long season.  

Very meh first half with one piece of bad defending and down 0-1.  Haven't played poorly, but our lack of a creative playmaker in the midfield is exposed when teams play deep and organized.  Our speed is great for the counter, but if you can't get behind them, it's pointless.  This should be the role of Lingard and why he's so fucking disappointing. He pressures well (whens he's not making stupid fouls), but he can't go at people in the middle or just inside the flanks.  Juan Mata 4 years ago would be perfect for this match, but United don't have the talent any longer.  Frustrating, but there will be a breakthrough. 

This is on Ole in the second half to find a way or sub that can create something and pull apart Palaces tight D.  

Come on United!! 

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Or that, shit.  De Gea should have had that one.

Yep.  Not great that he's now going to be in his head from that one.  Along with Rashford missing that penalty, mentally, this team is in danger of serious problems.   We'll see if they have character or fall apart like last season.  Now is the time for Ole to earn his money.  Couldn't be in a worse position after having belief getting the equalizer.  

I understand what you're saying, but dropping points at home to a relegation zone team isn't going to get us anywhere near top 4.  Yes some weird shit happened, and I'm not dumping the season yet, but they have to respond well.  I know its nuts that Rashford missed the penalty, but that miss, along with last weeks miss and subsequent abuse of Pogba online, are the things that can crush an already mentally fragile team.  

I still see this team as the one last year that was a dumpster fire mentally, without a strong leader on the field, or a manager that commands respect.  Hopefully Maguire is that guy because he's the only one that wasn't part of that weak ass show.  I'm saving my judgement for the next couple of weeks to see if they step up.  There is a lot of belief which I love, but they lack the necessary character to channel it and sustain it when things start unraveling.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back form the mountains and a quick vacation.  I woke up at 5:30 Denver time to watch that shit.  At first it was, "Holy shit! Daniel James gets another and it's a wonder strike! Way to come out early and go for the jugular.  This is United!"  It then turned into "Holy shit! We can't defend a header for the second week in a row and it costs us 3 points against a shit team. Way to come out in the second half flat as stepped on dogshit."  

This break is coming at a great time.  I can't wait to see highlights of Pogba playing his ass off in a qualifier against shit teams and then come back and not give a shit.  

Shit.  This season is going to be shit, and long, again. Somehow we will pull off a win against Leicester to get my hopes up and then play down to our competition again.  

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't get to watch the Leicester match due to the brilliance of NBC bringing us that boring Spurs/Palace match.  Oh well, watching Citeh get worked by Norwich made up for it.  We won as expected because we played a good team at home.  

This week is when it shows how thin our squad truly is after playing in Europe on Thursday night.  Did you see the bench on Saturday? Fuuuuuck, not good.  The UEFA Cup is the only reason to have thought about keeping Lukaku and Alexi, but thank God they're gone. Better off without the cancer.  I still don't know if you try and make a run in the Cup to get Champions League, ala Mo, or go for fourth in the league.  I know as a fan I'd prefer to see us in the top 4 where the club belongs, but the start of this season makes me think about taking the Cup seriously.  It really comes down to if we lose/draw away to West Ham like I think we will.  If we keep dropping points to not very good teams, a top four is going to be very difficult, go for the win.  Problem for Ole is I don't think he will get the time Mo did if he isn't winning the games he should against lesser opponents in the league.  

It's important time to put some wins together.  There are points for the taking with WH on the road, Arsenal Home, and Newcastle away.  Should be 9 points, but we shall see.  If United get less than 5 out of those matches, Ole is in trouble with the fans because the following match is Pool at home and that could get ugly if confidence ins't high going in.  

Come on United! Lot to prove.  

Agreed and I think all English fans will agree with you.  Though the most important thing this year is qualifying for the CL no matter how it gets done, top 4 over the course of a season is much more difficult and shows consistency.  Need those Champions $$$ and something to recruit talent on for next season because we need a lot of help.  We have two players that top clubs would want as a starter, Pogba and Rashford.  This is United, there should be at least 6-8 core world class players on the pitch at all times.  

Edited by Dertyberd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dertyberd said:

Agreed and I think all English fans will agree with you.  Though the most important thing this year is qualifying for the CL no matter how it gets done, top 4 over the course of a season is much more difficult and shows consistency.  Need those Champions $$$ and something to recruit talent on for next season because we need a lot of help.  We have two players that top clubs would want as a starter, Pogba and Rashford.  This is United, there should be at least 6-8 core world class players on the pitch at all times.  

this is where i'm at.  we don't have the horses to stay in the race til may.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

this is where i'm at.  we don't have the horses to stay in the race til may.  

Yeah, its amazing watching Chelsea's young talent perform and not seeing anything yet from Greenwood, Chong, and company yet. I have a feeling they will soon be thrown to the fire.  They played well against PSG last year and I have faith, just don't know yet if they can pull it off.  Arsenal looks like they can't defend so I'm not as worried about them, but top 4 will take everything falling into it's perfect place.  

Not much to say besides that being the worst United squad I've ever seen take the field, and a miserable match to watch.  As soon as I heard the pitch was wet due to rain I knew it was over.  We couldn't build up the attack through the midfield against a fucking MLS squad.  This team can counter attack at speed and that is it. Nothing to lose now because it obvious how to stop us.  Every very manager worth a shit will sit back and watch us monkey fuck the ball around until we give it away.  A looooong way to go in talent.  Might as well see which youngsters are up to it and give them some experience.  I am no longer watching this team believing in a top 4, just watching for improvement of the kids and cohesiveness in the back.  This season is for next year.  

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to say besides we're not good.  I'm losing hope.  

On 9/16/2019 at 11:05 PM, Dertyberd said:

It's important time to put some wins together.  There are points for the taking with WH on the road, Arsenal Home, and Newcastle away.  Should be 9 points, but we shall see.  If United get less than 5 out of those matches, Ole is in trouble with the fans because the following match is Pool at home and that could get ugly if confidence ins't high going in.  

Come on United! Lot to prove.  

Here we are.  A loss or draw to Newcastle means we don't hit the 5 and Ole is in trouble with the fans.  I've seen nothing over the last 4 matches that makes me think United are improving or even working on anything tactically.  This season sucks already, but you could always bring in an unhappy Pochettino, buys some guys, and Ed Woodward would get to keep his house from getting stormed.  If the turn around or change doesn't come quick, pitchforks are going to be in the streets.  Hopefully pointed at a Glazer.  

Edit.  We won't hit the 5pts even with a win, but forfucksake you can't lose to Newcastle and Steve Bruce and expect to keep your job.  

Edited by Dertyberd

I miss the days of complaining about Carrick being too slow with the ball in the midfield. 

The fact that Ashley Young takes most of the set pieces and is the captain shows the lack of quality and black hole of leadership in this squad. 

We’re fooked  

Edited by Dertyberd

Yeah, impossible to look away yet impossible to watch.  I keep hoping for something positive to come from a young guy, a spark of leadership from Rashford, or a fight from someone trying to save a career or their club, but nada.  I don't see a secret plan from Ole taking shape.  I don't see anything from him that is inspiring the guys to give an effort for one another.  At least guys somewhat played in spite of Mo.  

I'm assuming ownership is waiting for a beating from Liverpool and take the easy way out of making a decision on Ole, but no better time than an international break if you ask me. Give Carrick the caretaker reigns until you can find someone with a fucking clue of building a club.  Put Woodward on the business side of things and fill the sporting directors role with an actual football person.  This club is a looooooong way off and the mystique is suffering at the hands of a greedy family full of fucksticks. This is on the Glazers now if the club has a chance at long term survival.