Man United: "Give me that Ole bullshit!"

Dertyberd

I got 5 on it.  

What's crazy is there was a time not long ago that a supporter's group could actually pull something like that off.  The way the EPL has taken off worldwide has made it impossible to purchase a big club unless you've got stolen government funds or oil money.  Sad really, because we're stuck with the grifting Glazers and their fucking debt.  They're gonna suck it dry by the time FC United of Manchester or Salford City FC make it to the Championship.  

analyst from Gabelli just put this research note out:

"...the combination of potential relegation to the lower Championship division with severe financial penalties and the possibility of a negative tweet effecting the EPL's China relationship may open the possibility of a sale."

-John Tinker

21 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

analyst from Gabelli just put this research note out:

"...the combination of potential relegation to the lower Championship division with severe financial penalties and the possibility of a negative tweet effecting the EPL's China relationship may open the possibility of a sale."

-John Tinker

I'd take relegation to get new ownership.  Sign me the fuck up.  

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy result, but not unexpected.  I truly thought Pool would break down our defense, but we were so well organized and the team effort on Def made it so tough, especially without Sallah.  I think if he plays and runs at us early, we buckle.  Fuck it, he wasn't there and we could've had 3 pts.  

I say not unexpected because our record against Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal, and Pool are 2-0-2.  All four of those teams attack higher up and allow us to get behind them when they lose possession.  Add Wolves as a team that wants to play and there is another draw.  United's athletes and skill in the counter attack means that we have a shot against any squad who doesn't sit back.  We're terrible against teams that sit back and defend because we don't have the skill in the midfield to break down semi organized D's and Rashford is worthless with his back to goal.  Crazy as it sounds, but I think we'll continue to take points from Tottenham and possibly City (baring everyone is healthy).

There are good pieces there, just need a real striker/or a 10 and lots of help in the center of the pitch.  Fucking Fred, Pereira, and McTomany were are starters.  They lacked everything but effort and they somehow bossed Pool. Unreal.  

Bad thing for Liverpool is teams know how to line up against them now.  An organized 5 in the back can stop that attack, though I still want to see it when they have Sallah.  He's a machine at going at defenses.  

We got 3 points yesterday, which is nice.  James's assist on Rashford's goal was amazing.  Perfect touch on that through ball.  Also looking like Pogba is out until about December and not sure if that is good or bad yet.  The young guns are stepping up.  Also great to have Martial back.

thats all I got.

• 1 month later...

I've missed the last few matches and apart from what I've read about the kids playing well (in a loss to Kazaks) and I apparently haven't missed much.  Same shit, same team.  Somebody get Brandon Williams a decent haircut.  Can't play that well and run around with a mid 90s Tony Hawk short cut.  

I wish we had Grealish instead of Fred.  How does someone make it to this level without being able to put a shot on goal from just outside of the 18? He gets at least 3 of those per match and can't hit anything.  Grealish in the 10 and McTomminay in Freds role would be killer.  

It's strange, this squad is not far away, maybe 3 guys, but damn how lacking we are in the middle of the pitch.  A real striker, a real 10, and a presence in front of the back line and it's a legit team.  The pieces out wide are there and will continue to get better in the next few years.    

• 2 weeks later...

Derby win was a fantastic feeling, but here we are back to drawing with shit teams at home.  I don't have a lot to say because we know who United are.  Capable of winning against any team who will come to play and draw/losing to any team that we have to break down.  January signings will be interesting.  Just enjoying the youth and the big matches while praying we become more consistent against the bottom half.  Does that make us a top or a bottom? Ha! 

Main reson I'm bumping this is I just found the best United podcast I've ever listened to, "United We Stand".  Quality commentary with the sounds of match day. I may be late to the party, but God damn if some of it doesn't give you the chills of walking around outside of the grounds before a match.  Never seen United at OT, but I've been to several CL matches and there is nothing like it. This takes you there and the hosts are not whiney, reactionary, cunts.  Good guys who know and support the club. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...