Texas Women's Basketball 2019-2020 Season

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, orangeut said:

Tech is horrible @ 3s

1 minute ago, orangeut said:

Tech is horrible @ 3s

Tech is an unimpressed 12-2 team. Absolutely cupcake non- conference. Lotta talk about Brewer’s triple double game with 16 blocks. But it wasn’t against anyone good. 

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

These two teams suck very much. I think a 6th grade boys team could beat them. 
flipped on with about 4-5 left in the half, saw one made basket and two free throws. Also saw about 8 terrible passes that led to turnovers and 3-4 missed open layups. Like layup drill layups. 

I honestly have no idea who is coming in next year but Taylor, JAT, Collier is a very good core. And a healthy Warren. Sug is so inconsistent and Holmes is a head case. 

Hopefully the PSU transfer will contribute next year 

Just looked: Chevalier is a very good PG and we bring in 6’2 and 6’5 to actually help in the middle. 

New coach will have some talent 

If I’m Karen, I bench Holmes again and being her in as a sub. The difference between her off the bench against Tech earlier in the week and her starting today was night and day.  She was a hot ass turnover machine, missing layups and shooting missiles out of bounds. 

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If I’m Karen, I bench Holmes again and being her in as a sub. The difference between her off the bench against Tech earlier in the week and her starting today was night and day.  She was a hot ass turnover machine, missing layups and shooting missiles out of bounds. 

she's has extremely low basketball IQ and tends to get brick hands. great athlete for her size but hasnt lived up anywhere close to expectations.  she can be net negative a lot.

Feels like the first time we don’t have a McDonalds AA coming in. Playing in the AA games includes:

5 Oregon commits 

2 UConn/Syracuse/Louisville commits 

1 Baylor/Iowa/Cal/Oregon State/Miss St/Kentucky/UNC/Maryland/ND/SC/Ole Miss/Tree/Iowa State

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Kudos to Oregon. They aren’t just throwing money at football, they’ll do whatever to have the entirety of their varsity sports at the top level. 

something we only seem to give lip service to as we let failed coaching hires play out their contracts. 

To be fair, CDC let Clark do it and then hired Mike White. Letting Karen play out her contract.....let’s see if it repeats 

Texas comes from behind with a huge 4Q - 19-6. 
Erased 8 point deficit to win 61-56  

Difference was FTs - Texas shot 17 and OK State shot 1. 

Pokes shot 44% to our 33% but we were 5-9 from three.  22 OSU turnovers to 16 for Texas. 

Edited by Js1

19 games in and I continue to be so impressed by Collier’s leap from freshman to sophomore 

13.9 ppg

10.5 rbg

2nd in overall shooting (45.2%)

2nd in three point shooting (42.6%) and one of two players with 20 threes (Celeste does too)

Top FT% among starters (83.1%) 

Leads with 22 blocks

Texas has won 4 in a row and would love to get to 6-2 before hosting Baylor. That would be 6-3 after the first half of the conference schedule with home games left against WV, ISU, Ok State, KSU and OU and roadies at Baylor, Tech, TCU, Kansas 

This team could go 14-4 or 10-6. Who the fuck knows.