Texas Women's Basketball 2019-2020 Season

LTtxfan

13 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

It's clear Karen has to go, but i'm just hoping CDC doesn't hesitate in firing 2 basketball coaches at the same time. If he only fires 1, it's going to be Shaka 

Ehh, it’s not like we would owe Karen anything...

We would be paying a women’s coach regardless

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

3rd loss to Iowa State in Austin in the last 4yrs.  CDC must:  

FIRE KAREN...

FIRE KAREN...

FIRE KAREN!!!

More like she’ll resign like Connie Clark did.  Very clear CDC let her resign at the end of her contract instead of ceremoniously firing her. 

Could see him do the same to Karen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Why does she have to be fired or resign?  If her contract is up, just don't renew it. 

Well the resignation would be CDC letting her save face instead of "fired" - which is effectively what a non-renewal is. 

7 hours ago, Pancho said:

I have no connections to anyone, but I can totally see Walz on the bench next year. 

Walz vs. Mulkey

Daddy vs Skelator

Man vs Man?

The rivalry would be worth the price we pay him. 

My top 3 would be:

Walz

Frese

Graves

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Don't like the politics, but CDC probably has to hire a female Head Coach replacement -- so Frese is your only candidate that might have a shot.

they need the best coach we can get so that we can make the student athletes - who will be women in this program - successful.  The gender of the coach coaching them shouldn't matter.  the point of this is to make the student athlete better not making sure a particular gender gets to make millions to coach them.

If he is hamstrung by this we are still fucked.

Mulkey and Auriemma are the only ones you don't bother contacting, IMO. make a list and if the first 10 are female great, if the first 10 are male great. start at the top.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

they need the best coach we can get so that we can make the student athletes - who will be women in this program - successful.  The gender of the coach coaching them shouldn't matter.  the point of this is to make the student athlete better not making sure a particular gender gets to make millions to coach them.

If he is hamstrung by this we are still fucked.

Mulkey and Auriemma are the only ones you don't bother contacting, IMO. make a list and if the first 10 are female great, if the first 10 are male great. start at the top.

While I totally agree with you, CDC has had two hires - a women's sport and a coed sport - and hired a guy both times. He's going to take shit if he hires another dude.

Besides there have to be strong female basketball coaches out there, right?

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

While I totally agree with you, CDC has had two hires - a women's sport and a coed sport - and hired a guy both times. He's going to take shit if he hires another dude.

There’s a few I’d contact 

Brenda Frese 

Adia Barnes 

Courtney Banghart

Tina Langley

(These are just head coaches, there’s a ton of assistants but I dunno if CDC would hire an assistant to HC)

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

yes there are. he still needs to pick what he considers the best coach.  list em and get to it. 

that said I fully expect that the coach will be female. which is fine as long as they win.

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

Your points are on the mark!!

I want the best hire too, but based on the politics of Texas WBB, I expect to see CDC hire a woman to replace Karen...

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If a male coach is hired, we'll know with certainty CDC has freed the program of the old dy**s club. If a woman is hired then it's tbd. No telling who was whispering in CDC's ear to make the hire

to me its more about the Jody "circle".  Goestenkors(wasn't in her circle) was such a shocking disaster that they guardrailed back to someone Jody was familar with.  

Goestenkors was a top 10 coach at the time.  it didn't work but that doesn't mean you don't try it again.

I'm still amazed that the program has fallen so far so fast ince the elite eight.  something happened internally with the transfers and the liberty hill girl's injury thing.   I'm certainly not privy to any inside info. 

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

to me its more about the Jody "circle".  Goestenkors(wasn't in her circle) was such a shocking disaster that they guardrailed back to someone Jody was familar with.  Goestenkors was a top 10 coach at the time.  it didn't work but that doesn't mean you don't try it again.  I'm still amazed that the program has fallen so far so fast ince the elite eight.  something happened internally with the transfers and the liberty hill girl's injury thing.   I'm certainly not privy to any inside info. 

Karen had a few good teams when she recruited better, but her time at Texas is now up.   She is not a good P5 coach, and now has too many good players leaving, and too many Texas HS recruits no longer interested in Texas.  Baylor has been kicking her ASS for too long even when Karen had better players.

TIME TO GO -- FIRE KAREN!!!  🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, Extra Anejo said:

I've been impressed with the TCU women's coach. She fields a pretty competive team with very little talent.

Yes, she has.  I don't know if we can get anyone from the Big 12 to jump to us.  Hard sell sometimes. 

56 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Quite obvious we‘ve given up. Oh sure we will come out the 2nd half and eek out a 6 point win but it’s obvious this team has given up and I think Karen knows she’s gone. 

About to lose. 
ksu packing the paint and making them shoot jumpers and it’s been a brick house. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

That should do it on the season. No way we are still in the tournament. So long Karen. New coach has to get Celeste and Collier to stay. 

•  
Today·Final

60 - 54      

Texas

@Texas

16-10 

CAN'T LOSE TO K-STATE AT HOME... FIRE KAREN 🔥

Already 4 losses at home in B12 play... TCU, Baylor, Iowa State, and K-State.

RIDICULOUS... FIRE KAREN!!

FIRE KAREN!!!

Fri, Jan 3
vsTCUTCU
L65-63 8-5 (0-1)      
Mon, Jan 6 W81-75 9-5 (1-1)      
Sun, Jan 12 L68-63 9-6 (1-2)      
Wed, Jan 15 W92-66 10-6 (2-2)      
Sun, Jan 19 W71-63 11-6 (3-2)      
Wed, Jan 22
vsKansasKansas
W85-77 12-6 (4-2)