Texas Women's Basketball 2019-2020 Season

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

so far Del is not fucking around on the womens sports side

makes the last few decades of just letting coaches ride the pine until it is clear they have totally blown up the program look all the more shitty

When it’s warranted (so not paying a huge buyout to Smart), CDC is ready to pay big and let winning pay for itself.

An AD who wants to win instead of stockpiling the most cash. 

We have 3 open ships for 2020

Vic has 2 coming in 2020. Perhaps we can grab one. Destiny Slocum (5’7 guard) is in the portal as a grad transfer. Shakira Austin (6’5 F) also available. Pairing Austin/Collier would be legit.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

When it’s warranted (so not paying a huge buyout to Smart), CDC is ready to pay big and let winning pay for itself.

An AD who wants to win instead of stockpiling the most cash. 

well not to be Mr. Negative

but think DD let plodsky handle most of the womens hires while he was there

and worse than that there really is no "stockpile" of cash......Texas spends all it takes in.....which is something I have been critical of for a while now

Great hire.  We will notice a big change in the looks of the women we put on the floor.  Schaefer doesn’t just recruit athletes.   He recruits athletes who are tough and makes them tougher.

Edited by ruitxn

Just now, ruitxn said:

Great hire.  We will notice a big change in the looks of the women we put on the floor.  Schaefer didn’t just recruit athletes.   He recruits athletes who are tough and makes them tougher.

Yes. He got a lot of out players with far less HS accolades than what Karen had. Now he gets to recruit to Austin. 

Besides Berque (promotion/removed interim tag), 3 hires for CDC - 3 major programs already at an elite level in the sport

T&F - Floreal - Kentucky

Softball - White - Oregon

WBB - Schaefer - Miss St

Clearly CDC ain’t a mid-major hiring guy. Gives me high hopes for Shaka’s replacement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

CDC is building a track record of making moves when he has a plan and not before. 

I don't see us wasting any $$$ on search firms under his leadership.  The guys is showing that he is a one-man search firm AND a closer.

Dream world would be our big money guys letting CDC do his thing, instead of having a race to get their guy, mudding the waters and we're left with a mid major coach. 

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Great hire. Dunno how anyone cant be happy with this one

I REALLY hope MSU tries to go big and Johnnie Harris follows Vic. Probs the best post coach in America.

Imagine what she’d do with Collier. 

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

so far Del is not fucking around on the womens sports side

makes the last few decades of just letting coaches ride the pine Plonsky's face until it is clear they have totally blown up the program look all the more shitty

Fify.

3 hours ago, ruitxn said:

Great hire.  We will notice a big change in the looks of the women we put on the floor.  Schaefer doesn’t just recruit athletes.   He recruits athletes who are tough and makes them tougher.

truth. if you don't play man to man tough dense. YOU WON'T play. it's his MO. and won't change

1 minute ago, msudawg said:

truth. if you don't play man to man tough dense. YOU WON'T play. it's his MO. and won't change

Thats not that different from Karen, honestly. Just a better system, game day coaching and development  

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I REALLY hope MSU tries to go big and Johnnie Harris follows Vic. Probs the best post coach in America.

Imagine what she’d do with Collier. 

The great question..because we could throw 1.5 or so at graves or someone. Mitchell from uk formerly msu is a name floating.. no thanks. 

I'm circling back on johnnie because shes been with vic for 15 years and he wouldnt come to msu without her. she doesnt come to ut... then shes getting the msu job. 

gotta start as an asst sometime.. vic was one just a few years ago. 

back to drinking to forget this happened. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Thats not that different from Karen, honestly. Just a better system, game day coaching and development  

Can't speak to Karen.. only watched one game and it's when we celebrated on your floor last year. had a talented player out for the game i remember.. but not the crop of talent i expected from UT. so on that note. yes even as a MSU fan, i expect better of your coach and team.. so good for you on upgrading. 

5 minutes ago, msudawg said:

The great question..because we could throw 1.5 or so at graves or someone. Mitchell from uk formerly msu is a name floating.. no thanks. 

I'm circling back on johnnie because shes been with vic for 15 years and he wouldnt come to msu without her. she doesnt come to ut... then shes getting the msu job. 

gotta start as an asst sometime.. vic was one just a few years ago. 

back to drinking to forget this happened. 

Johnnie is on that record that she would only be a head coach for the right situation. Some people are just lifers as assistants, like Chris Daily for Geno. It would be very disappointing to follow the boss and fail (like Holly Warlick) 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Johnnie is on that record that she would only be a head coach for the right situation. Some people are just lifers as assistants, like Chris Daily for Geno. It would be very disappointing to follow the boss and fail (like Holly Warlick) 

It's the great dilemma as a msu fan... do you try and get a top 5 coach (in this rare instance... we have stated we can afford to do so). or do you continue with an asst hc  and hope they have the skills to be a hc. I'm usually against the asst route because.. it's the ms state small state of mind of history. this why mitchell at uk is a name thrown out. because it's "known" 

Do we need to continue with the same path of where we were or bring in someone different. 

Either way.. sorry guys. you got a top 5 coach in america. will he dominate mooky.. we will see. can he consistently recruit to get to the final 4. likely. 

Will he get you another ring for a NC? likely.. and he deserves it. congrats.

back to the vodka. 

don't touch our players... hands off 

• Like 1

I loved watching how Vic transformed Tiarra McCowan from a raw tall defender into a more polished force on both ends of the floor. It's a shame he wasn't here to develop Joyner, because he could have helped her become a force. Alas, Vic will certainly recruit a lot of potential studs that he'll be able to develop here at Texas. Player development is something we haven't seen in a while in Texas WBB

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I loved watching how Vic transformed Tiarra McCowan from a raw tall defender into a more polished force on both ends of the floor. It's a shame he wasn't here to develop Joyner, because he could have helped her become a force. Alas, Vic will certainly recruit a lot of potential studs that he'll be able to develop here at Texas. Player development is something we haven't seen in a while in Texas WBB

Two words: Precious Johnson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Johnnie did that... not to take away from Vic.. but Jonnie is the one who made tiarra  a beast. 

Vic CAN develop tough 

Edited by msudawg