Texas Women's Basketball 2019-2020 Season

LTtxfan

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Starting the 2nd half on a 10-0 run (at least) is the kind of halftime adjustment that was seen in the two "major revenue sports" men's teams.

We’ve had surprisingly good 3rd quarters this year. It’s the first 20 min we are pretty flat 

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Starting the 2nd half on a 10-0 run (at least) is the kind of halftime adjustment that was NOT seen in the two "major revenue sports" men's teams.

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

We’ve had surprisingly good 3rd quarters this year. It’s the first 20 min we are pretty flat 

First, I left out a word. 

Second, the football team hasn’t kicked ass after halftime over the last several years. 

Third, the men’s basketball team has blown several 2nd half leads. 

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

First, I left out a word. 

Second, the football team hasn’t kicked ass after halftime over the last several years. 

Third, the men’s basketball team has blown several 2nd half leads. 

I get that. A really awful 3rd Q was a hallmark of Karen teams the last few years. Charlie-esque. I don’t know what’s different this year, but we’ve had a lot of very good 3 Qs

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I get that. A really awful 3rd Q was a hallmark of Karen teams the last few years. Charlie-esque. I don’t know what’s different this year, but we’ve had a lot of very good 3 Qs

This is the first smidgen of Women’s hoops that I’ve watched in years, if not over a decade. 

I’m glad that they convinced me that this was the norm. 

Not Texas..... But she's a   "BAD ASS" 

2.24.20= 2k 1k 1k 2+24=26 total triple doubles 8=total triple doubles this season so far Your presence is felt. Just like we talked about... I HEAR YOU

Thank you KB!!

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Cox >>>>>> x infinity > Holmes 

too true.  Holmes is fucking ADD on the court.  Taylor and Charlie are the only 2 players that could play at Baylor.

holy fuck we just lost a FT because Warren stepped inside the 3 point line.

1 hour ago, Extra Anejo said:

Yes I watched this game because I'm always amazed by how much difference a good coach makes. Yes Mulkey has some great talent but she gets them to play as a team. I'm convinced we could swap players with Baylor and Mulkey would blow us out just like she does now.

You’re not wrong. There was a 3 or 4 year period where our recruiting class was on par with or better than Baylor’s, depending on the service you were looking at. Didn’t make a difference on the court, Baylor still beat us. Now Aston’s recruiting has fallen to boot so it’s only trending to get worse. That’s why her contract should’t be renewed this year

#3 seed facing #6 WV on Friday at 7:30 which then sets up a winnable game vs #2 TCU to reach the champ game. Sure we’d be crushed by Baylor again but the win over TCU would theoretically help our resume. 

We are a 10 seed as of this morning. I think I’d rather stay there then go 8/9. TCU is a 7. A win there would bump us up a line probably. 

As of now, if we won the first game, we’d face Louisville in game 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Ayoka Lee for KSU got FOY. Feels like Celeste got snubbed on All Big 12 too  

Charli 1st team

Sutton 2nd team

Joyner HM

Celeste All Freshman 

from #1 recruit in the country to first team Big 12 as frosh to back to back honorable mentions.  completely damning of both Holmes and Aston.  a real coach could do something with Celeste and Charli.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

from #1 recruit in the country to first team Big 12 as frosh to back to back honorable mentions.  completely damning of both Holmes and Aston.  a real coach could do something with Celeste and Charli.

Yep. Cox definitely had the better career between the two. They were the #1 and #2 recruits in the country but only one of them lived up to the hype.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Last game. What day does her contract expire?

Probably May 31 or some shit.  But effectively, her contract is up as soon as the season is over.  It is over as of today.