Your MMA Fight Walkout Song....

JohnnyRage

Yeah, fuck you too. This isn't a debate on the shittiness of my Sport Watching Choices...

So it is about a 3 minute process of walking from the back tunnels with staff and security and a cameraman maintaining some distance from the fighter's face, snaking through the corridors until reaching the entrance of an aisle into the arena. The audience has not seen the fighter yet, and if one doesn't suck the crowd is in anticipation. This crowd appearance can be a moment, a change of pace, or just slow walk your balls down to where the referee will inspect and give the all clear. There is a little momentum dip here as one usual de-robes, informal goodbyes are given and gaining the ref's permission to elevate into the combat ring. There may now be two fighters in the ring. The entering fighter usually paces around the ring a few times before squaring up for pre-fight instructions.

An awkward example because Youtube sucks these days...

At a local fight organization here in Denver, about 15 yrs ago I watched a guy come out to Culture Club's "Do you really want to hurt me".  Howled with laughter at that one.

On a serious note, I really liked Rampage's entrance at UFC 75:

Better quality sound:

As for mine, I was always partial to this:

• Like 1

I might just take the instrumental to these songs as long as I could get the hooks in there.

little bit of a theme here lol, but these songs have always got me going.

also, I know this is technically a music thread, but I feel like you could’ve put this in the other sports section and it would get a lot more action

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1