who lives in District 10 and wants McCaul gone?

troph

post here, shoot me a PM, I'm hosting a fundraiser for one of the serious contenders.  Let's send this guy home.  any amount matters, you don't have to be shaggy 1%.

reality is we have to vote, donate, give our time, help with GOTV, talk to people, march, protest, call our reps, all of it.  whatever you can.  it's the only way the system will work for the people anymore.  the big money plays this way so we the individuals have to as well.

let's do this.

Edited by troph
  • Like 3

I’ll send you all PMs tonight. Fundraiser is at my office in Westlake and will include your booze of choice (my treat) if you decide to come. Donations alone are welcome too.

We could make it the initial meeting of the surlyPAC but just like the family, no publicity. Ha.

I don't live in McCaul's district, but I do teach in it. I got an e-mail today from his campaign manager asking if any of my students would be interested in an internship with his office. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to send a professionally-worded e-mail that says, "Thanks, but my students only support candidates who realize that banning video games will not stop school shootings. And my students only support those candidates who commit to taking care of the environment so that the earth will still be around in fifty years, when they are older. Also, they treat all of their fellow students as human beings with the respect that they deserve regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, religion, or immigration status. So, in short, my response to your offer is a hearty 'Fuck you'. Sincerely, HornOnTheBayou"

I don't live in McCaul's district, but I do teach in it. I got an e-mail today from his campaign manager asking if any of my students would be interested in an internship with his office. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to send a professionally-worded e-mail that says, "Thanks, but my students only support candidates who realize that banning video games will not stop school shootings. And my students only support those candidates who commit to taking care of the environment so that the earth will still be around in fifty years, when they are older. Also, they treat all of their fellow students as human beings with the respect that they deserve regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, religion, or immigration status. So, in short, my response to your offer is a hearty 'Fuck you'. Sincerely, HornOnTheBayou"
Didn't they make it illegal for teachers to mention voting to students?

I know that's an exaggeration, but they were trying to limit teacher influence on student voting (voter registration, busing to polls, etc.). The fact that they're now asking you to recruit for them is bullshit.